The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread 3 (No further updates)

It took me just over 10,500 glory keys to get Dragon Soul and I ended up getting a couple of base mythics before Dragon Soul finally dropped.

I feel ya buddy :frowning:

The plan was to use 5,000, get a lucky copy of it and then have a party, ha ha.

Either way, Iā€™ve got him now and thatā€™s why I saved up in the first place.

1 Like

I have updated the original post to include the Maugrim Woods event troops as well as the Dragonā€™s Claw release. Since they didnā€™t release Couatl and Dragonian Rogue, we can expect a future kingdom event where weā€™ll be able to target The Dragon Soul with Event Chests (for anyone that doesnā€™t feel like rolling the dice with thousands of Glory/Gem keys).

When I get a chance to play again, Iā€™m going to open enough chests to get all of the other new DC troops and otherwise continue hoarding for now. I got Forest Guardian in my first 10 event chests, so Iā€™m not going to expect any further RNG blessings.

And for anyone keeping score at home:
PC/Mobile - 296 troops
Console - 258 troops

So we are 1 update, 1 kingdom and 38 troops behind.

3 Likes

Thanks Stan!

1 Like

Over 11,000 glory chests, and 50 VIP. No Dragon Soul. Sure seems more rare than the other legendaries.

I got forest gardian mythic and need 1 more dragon soul for mythic :slight_smile:

RNG loves you

1 Like

I used about 1k glory keys and then 350 gem keys. I got the Dragon Soul with the gem keys. It could have been worse. I still have 9k glory keys and 11k gems left so Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t have to blow my entire stash.
I had 130 event keys and got the Forest Guardian with the last 10 of them. So thatā€™s less lucky XD but overal I am pleased. I also finally got Crimson Bat and Gar-Nok. Those two legendaries always kept eluding me.

Still no other base mythic besides Draakulis though D: but now Iā€™m keeping the rest of my resources for when Abynissia arrives. Or the Pirate Kingdom. Whichever comes first.

1 Like

My luck was far more disastrousā€¦ 250 VIP Chests (maybe 300?). 13,000 Glory Chests, and 150 additional Gem Chests. NO Dragon Soul.

Just to stay consistent, I opened 119 Event Chests: No Forest Guardian.

On the ā€œbright sideā€ my already Mythic Great Maw gained a ridiculously obscene number of extra copies in this costly search.

Looks like it pays to complain about RNG.:slight_smile:

My Guild just gave me 5 Event Keysā€¦ Bang! At least I now have the Forest Guardian after spending a total of 124 Event Keys . A bargain compared to Dragon Soulā€¦

2 Likes

I am thinking I will just wait for the Dragon claw week to get dragon soul with event keys. He is the only legendary in his kingdom so he should pop up fairly quickly there.

2 Likes

Exactly. We know theyā€™ll have an event in the next few weeks since they didnā€™t release the two PC event troops. Iā€™ll end up opening a few hundred chests this week, but Iā€™m not going crazy in hopes of pulling that one legendary. Itā€™s not like the last update when they released every troop from two new kingdoms into chests at once, leaving none for upcoming events. That time, I burned a ton of keys to get 2 Mabs (along with most of the other new troops), but it was worth it.

Dragon soul dropped for me in first 300 glory keys. RNG screwed me over big time on event chest though. 200+ keys and 6k in gems. I ended up with 9 kerberos and 3 forest guardians.
I already had 11 kerberos before the event. :frowning:

1 Like

Itā€™s safe to say we both got robbed, mate! Iā€™ve phoned the police and theyā€™re investigating.

:smirk:

1 Like

For all my talk of waiting for the upcoming Dragonā€™s Claw event to target The Dragon Soul, I opened a few hundred gold and glory keys to get at least one copy of each of the new troops and pulled TDS before I even got Dragon Moth. Didnā€™t get Visk, but Iā€™ll finish off the questline sometime this week and get him there. This has been my most efficient kingdom release ever! :grin:

Still only have the two base mythics (Death and Plague) I got in the first week of 2.0, but also still have almost my entire hoard.

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry, I did the same thing. Was happy to use dragon soul yesterday to climb my PvP ranks instead of valkyrie

Havenā€™t worked out a good TDS team yet, but Iā€™ll get to that soon enough. Watched a Tacet video on it, but he was still trying to optimize around the possession trait, which obviously isnā€™t relevant anymore. Valk still works REALLY well with my Mab team, so Iā€™m not feeling a burning desire to change, but a damage-dealing, soul-farming, self-looping exploder does sound pretty appealing.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to take a stab at outlining a reasonable approach to getting the console version caught up with the PC/Mobile version. This is both my prediction of how the next few weeks will unfold and also a suggestion to the developers in case they are still thinking about how to complete the last phase of the sync.

Where we currently stand, we are 1 update, 1 kingdom and 38 troops behind. PC/Mobile is currently getting a new kingdom every 2 months, so if we were to get a new kingdom every month, that would allow us to catch up 3-4 weeks from now. The 2.2 PC/Mobile update seemed relatively minor in terms of new content, and now that we are over the chat hurdle, I donā€™t see why we couldnā€™t catch up on updates sometime in the next month or so as well.

That leaves troops. The original post in this thread lists all of the troops that we are waiting for and their respective kingdoms. Before the 2.1.5 update was stalled by MS, the usual pattern seemed to be that we would get 2 troops from a previous PC/Mobile event plus a bonus troop or two from a different kingdom. When he outlined the overall plan months ago, Sirrian said that Mythics and commons would go straight into chests and most of the other rarities would show up in weekly events. I think that would still work.

As I see it, the Kingdoms that we need events for in the next little while are:

• Dragonā€™s Claw (Epic+ultra rare, plus a new legendary that we need an event for to target with event chests);
  • Swordā€™s Edge (ultra rare + common, but weā€™ll need the event to target Ysabelle),
  • Ghulvania (I think theyā€™ll want an event to make sure people have a chance to get both Werewolf and Villager out of the gate),
  • Leonis Empire and Glacial Peaks (Rarity wise, there is no reason that the troops would need their own event, but we havenā€™t had an event for those kingdoms since they were introduced, and if we donā€™t now, they may not come around for another 6 months or more),
  • Blackhawk - makes sense to have an event a week or two after the kingdom is released.

Kingdoms we definitely donā€™t need an event for are:

• Maugrim Woods (Mythic can go straight to chests),
  • Blighted Lands (Mythic to chests, Desdaemona would be a nice developer gift, as she was to PC/Mobile and could be a bonus troop in another week),
  • Khetar (2 ultra rares, but no reason they couldnā€™t be bonus troops in another event)
  • Darkstone, Panā€™s Vale, Pridelands, Whitehelm and Zaejin (all have one epic or Ultra-rare that could be a bonus troop in another event, plus a common that could go straight to chests).

So, if they did the 6 events I outlined above, with one or two bonus troops from the non-event kingdoms in each week, dropping 1 new mythic into chests every 2-4 weeks and sllipping a couple of the other commons in as they go, weā€™d be caught up to where PC/Mobile is now in 6 weeks. That would still leave 6 weeks of PC/Mobile releases to catch up on, but with the same approach, that could be covered in 2-3 more weeks.

2 Likes