The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread 3 (No further updates)

So let me explain what’s going on with console content releases.

It became clear with the last update on console versions, we have to take into consideration, and make sure that, we have enough events in reserve for any potential delays from Sony and Microsoft. This allows us to continue putting out new content while you are waiting for the next update.

HOWEVER, on PC/Mobile we were planning events only about 4-5 weeks in advance… We knew we would have to modify our approach to planning new content as we sync up consoles, but when we ran the numbers in December, it became apparent that we needed to plan out a little further than we’d anticipated. As an example: when the last console update went out, the consoles only had event data up to the Witches in Britches (Night Hag/ Giant Toad). So while we did have extra events, it turns out that we need to hold onto them in case of any unforseen delays.

Now trust me when I say that we REALLY want to sync events up for Consoles & PC/ Mobile (not just for you guys, but also for us, as each weekly event is then only half as much work for us, and we can spend the extra time making/fixing more things!).

So what does this mean?

Well, currently we have been working on getting content planned 3 MONTHS ahead. This content doesn’t just mean events either, it also includes new kingdoms, mythics, and Hero classes. The PC/ Mobile version doesn’t currently support this many events in advance (consoles however DO, so you guys are ahead in that regard); so we’ve been adding new support for more events to the pc/ mobile version.

It is our hope that in the following weeks after the next big console update, that the events will begin to sync up for everyone. This means that we will be able to offer bonus troops to in the console events as we will have that event leeway already planned out.

TLDR: We have a plan!

7 Likes