The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread 3 (No further updates)

I don’t believe we have any planned for next week.

2 Likes

Will we be getting a dragon’s claw event anytime soon?

glacial peaks event next week so i presume

Next event will be +25% glacial troop and +25% fey

I said a couple months ago that I was out of the prediction business, but these kind of questions are irresistible to me.

Based on Nim’s posts above, we know Glacial Peaks is next week, with 3 troops available for glory and probably nothing else going direct to chests.

Beyond that, I think the likely Kingdoms to get events are:

• Blackhawk & Dragon’s Claw (both are newer Kingdoms with an Epic and Ultra-rare new troop)
  • Broken Spire (needs an event to target the new legendary Gog and Gud with event keys)

All the other available troops would be fine as bonus troops or going straight into chests. I don’t know if the Guild Wars delays that they’re experiencing right now might cause them to slow down the console releases a bit. I know they said they were in internal QA on the 3.0 console update, but I don’t know if they will need to incorporate any changes from what they are doing now into the console build before they submit it to Sony and MS. In any case, I think they still need a few weeks to get us caught up on troops in an orderly fashion.

As usual, please consider my predictions to be worth no more than the pixels that they’re printed on.

2 Likes

Since I won’t be available to update this thread until late Monday (at best), I have travelled through time to provide the updates two days in advance. Assuming there are no distortions in the space-time continuum, the original post should be correct as of Monday. If there ARE any problems, I’ll clean them up when I can next week.

2 Likes

Dragon’s Claw looks like it will be in May if it does indeed host an event although after Karakoth not getting an event, I think we can only safely say that Dragonian Monk will be in May.

I’m still hoping for Spring Imp in Glory Rewards.

I can’t make promises but I’ll see what I can do.

4 Likes

Come on we all know you the boss and sirrian follow your instructions, women always got the power lol

1 Like

Suncrest added on PC/Mobile. I’ll try to get the event troops updated tomorrow after announcements, but it may need to wait until Monday.

1 Like

Maybe nim will tease us 1 day before the event, like she did last week :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think that was the first time that they ever telegraphed exactly what was coming, so I’m not holding my breath. I’d love it if they did, though. It sounds like they have a very clear plan of what is coming for the next few weeks, at least.

2 Likes

What do you think about Suncrest? Maybe in a month??

I don’t know. They’ve gone pretty quiet as they try to get Guild Wars out on PC/Mobile. We need to have 3.0 before they can release Suncrest and I haven’t heard anything about the submission going to Sony/Microsoft yet, but they’ve been really careful about not getting hopes too high for the last few months. The rate that they’re pushing the new troops out makes me think that they are planning to get us caught up pretty quickly, but they’ll usually say something at least once the submission goes in to Sony/Microsoft. I think they’ll get whatever they need to do around Guild Wars into the console 3.0 patch, submit the update for approval and they’ll probably release Suncrest either right when 3.0 goes live or the week after, with Guild Wars to follow soon after that. Assuming that they didn’t already submit the patch for approval, I would guess sometime in May for everything. What do you think?

2 Likes

Yeah that make sense

1 Like

I’m hoping this week is another good catch-up week with troops from 2 or 3 kingdoms. Maybe Broken Spire (with the legendary in event chests), plus 1 or 2 bonus troops. We’ll see in a few hours, I guess.

Yeah usually sirrian post pc at 8pm EST and console 25-30 min later but maybe he did a big Easter party and forgot about it lol. Not sure if australian celebrate Easter

1 Like

Don’t live there, but I’m certain they do based on their very strong initial ties to the UK. If I recall they sent colonists (or prisoners if you prefer) to Australia about two decades after loosing the American Colonies. So they would have had an early Christian foundation that I’m sure is still active.

1 Like

@Strat is correct, Australia does celebrate Easter.

It’s not 8pm EST yet. Another 2 hours to go :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah i know, i meant he usually post at 8pm EST unless he drink too much and passed out :slight_smile:

Original post updated for this week’s events. I assume Gog and Gud will go directly to chests and won’t be available for glory. With this release, there will only be four unreleased (non-mythic) 2.2 troops left (Bogstrider, Marsh Strangler, Captain Skullbeard and Dragonian Monk). With this week as a template, that could be done in 1 week, or stretched out to two. In total, we’re only 6 events behind PC/Mobile now, though still 3 mythics behind.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind a chance at Spring Imp and Dark Troll for glory, as I haven’t hit on either of them in chests yet. We should be getting another exclusive mythic week sometime this month (assuming Ketras is OK to go before 3.0 is released), and the flood of keys I open there will hopefully net me at least one of each, but who knows?

2 Likes