The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread 3 (No further updates)

Original post updated for this week’s events. 5 new troops available tomorrow - they are not fooling around about catching up anymore!

Just realized that Dark Troll is an epic that went straight to chests. Not super happy about that as it will be really difficult to target (no Karakoth events on the horizon) unless they are going to circle back and have him as a bonus troop in a future week.

6 Likes

Thanks for the hard work keeping this thread updated @Stan
This will probably be the only thread I check on these forums from now on.

3 Likes

I agree awesome work bro you almost done :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m also going to chime in and say that you’ve done an amazing job keeping this thread in check and it’s greatly appreciated, mate!

It also feels like an age since we got an Epic troop for Beast and Blade traitstones, which is frustrating.

Keep up the good work!

5 Likes

Thanks guys! Feel free to slip a $20 into my g-string. Or if that isn’t your thing, give me a like on the original post.

5 Likes

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I may be in the wrong place here - but you seem to know whats going on. So, Does anyone have any idea what troops/Arcanes we will get in Glory Bundles over the next few weeks?

Long answer: I’ve been carefully tracking console troop releases for almost a year now (and publicly doing so in this thead since November) and have seen the developers adopt a few different strategies as they worked to bring the two versions into alignment. In a couple different stages, they seemed to be focusing on catching up the oldest and most desirable troops first, but even at the best of times, they have never been what I would call predictable. I and others have, at times, offered predictions on what would be coming, with well thought-out reasons and justifications, only to be surprised by the next week’s offerings. In January and February, we were getting a fairly predictable stream of weekly events that mostly followed the release schedule that had been adopted on PC/Mobile, with an occasional surprise. In the last two weeks, they have thrown the rulebook out the window and I can’t make any sense of what they are doing, except whatever they are doing, they’re doing it fast. The most surprising things they’ve done in the last two weeks are releasing the newest available troop (Bugbear) and a previously unreleased Epic (Dark Troll) straight into chests (the Epic with no corresponding Kingdom event that would allow us to target it with event keys). They’ve never done either of those things before. I’ve been thinking for 3 or 4 weeks now that we are due for a Glacial Peaks event, and if I had to guess, that’s still what I’d say, but at this point, I have no idea.

Short answer: No.

5 Likes

Should have start with short answer :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Here are the kingdoms with 2 or more troops on PC that have not yet been released on console:

Broken Spire
Dragon’s Claw
Glacial Peaks
Mist of Scales

I would expect these to be the next 4 weeks of events on console (in no particular order). I would also expect Spring Imp to be a glory troop next week or in the coming weeks at least.

I would have expected that too, except that Karakoth was also a Kingdom with two unreleased troops and they just dropped them both into chests this week. As far as I’m concerned, with that, all bets are off.

1 Like

Yeah you a right better drop rest of troops right now!!! and then release guild war update

I fairly certain Spring Imp in has been in for weeks already…

Spring Imp has only been in chests since Monday as confirmed by the devs (other than as a legendary task reward) and has never been a glory troop.

1 Like

Your right, I forgot it was a Legendary Reward I was thinking about.

When does Jotnar take his leave, to then expand the Mythic drop pool to all? Friday or Saturday?

I feel very uneasy about opening a single chest when he is around. I’m missing a few Mythics but those I do have I have plenty of copies of each. Knowing my luck Id get another additional copy if open anything today.

1 Like

I would watch for the “New Mythic” announcement in the news to disappear. I’m pretty sure when that goes away he’s no longer exclusive.

1 Like

I think you should be in the clear on Saturday, but like @VegaDark541 says, just make sure the announcement is down and you’ll be good to go.

Oh shit! I read the first sentence then jumped to the TL:DR and laughed my skinny-ginger-ass-off.

1 Like

Ok, now I’ve fully read your post.

Thanks for taking the time to respond properly; full sentences and everything. I was trying to piece things together myself (re troops/arcanes and bundles) and seem to have totally lost my shit. Like you, I thought they were following similar release dates - or at least method - and, like you, I found myself totally perplexed.

Thank you for your reply.

I choose to take comfort in the fact that I am not the only person that has no effing idea what they’re up to.

1 Like