The Right to Arm Bears

Oh sweet, a chance to stock up on Arcane Summer traitstones.

“70d ago” hmmm!

2 Likes

Gems of War Database is now up to date with the new troops and events. There are shortcuts that can help you build a blue team, a giant team, etc.

New troops:
http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/ursine-warrior

3 Likes

It should be better than the gold bonus applied also to the +400 golds…

And none of the 2 new troops has a Blue color which seems to mean devs want us to not test them… Strange ;-).

1 Like

My thoughs exactly xD
I first thought it would be +400 gold per blue troop used. But I was wrong.

You can tell at least one of these troops were probably blue but the Devs have been trying to steer away from blue. Too many good blue troops around with valk.

This Stormheim event looks like a BIG improvement over the last one, these troops actually look pretty good this time.

@sirrian @nimhain the +400 gold reward for an all-blue PvP invade win is applied after the armour / VIP bonuses… is this intended?

(I have checked it in three successive battles)

If so, this really isn’t much of a reward (for me anyway) and doesn’t compensate for the inefficiency / longer battle time of using such a team… Match takes say 50% longer and gets me about 10% more gold… just not worth it…

8 Likes

Wasn’t it the same way for the soul event?
I think it’s intentional.

And I agree that it isn’t worthwhile

If you’re reasonably lower-level, +400 gold per fight is huge. Not so much for the end-game players, but that’s OK by me.

5 Likes

Event is defenitely for lower level gamers.

2 Likes

@Sirrian,

This might be a little nit picky but the bonus gold event features a pic of the sea troll. Although the sea troll generates blue mana it doesn’t use blue mana and thus does not qualify for the event. Some players might find that confusing.

4 Likes

They were obviously trolling.

10 Likes

But lower level gamers will really struggle to put a viable blue team together. They’ll need to spend half the week farming souls to level blue troops they haven’t used. And if they don’t have EK or the Bat, they’re gonna find things hard…

Seems a contradictory event somewhat to me… the players that can compete and use the bonus won’t value the 400 gold… and the players that do value 400 gold won’t be able to compete to get it…

2 Likes

That’s basically the whole event system in a nutshell. If you can afford to build a new team every week to be able to participate in the events, then you don’t need the rewards they give anyway. I think the event system has been awful for newer or more casual players, since it encourages them to invest resources in troops that won’t be viable after the event is over. It’s definitely pushed the minimum weekly time investment up to stay competitive. I was on the edge before, and I think it’s pushed me over. I simply don’t play enough to make it worth playing at all, so I’ve lost interest.

2 Likes

New players also have an option to do explores (this week) to get those traitstones they need while completing this week’s event and getting some nice rewards. And end game players that do explores will just get something extra on the side.

1 Like

I dont understand purple link on him… if he destroys purples that doesnt match them, and hed work best in a team that has no purple in it aswell… maybe devs can rethink that trait…

Other than that i think hes a good troop to counter alastairs and especially knight coronets.

Hes a great troop to use in any purple teams, why?

• He destroys purple, means he gives all purple manas to allies that needs them. If the skill said remove purple he wouldnt do that and would not be anything very special.
  • While he destroys purple gems, there is a high chance some new purple will drop inside the board.
  • He can create 7 purple gems as well, preparing the board for Giant Spider.
  • He has Magic Link, as well as Giant Spider, means that he is a really good troop
    in any teams who has two other purple troops, like death, hero(sorcerer) or BD in it.
  • Using hero in the team with Sorcerer Class guarantee you to have 3 troops with Magic Link, if Giant Spider is in it.

I struggle to see why people are not liking this troop Magic Link trait. He is truely a gift to purple teams with Giant Spider in it.

5 Likes

Well stop struggling, you explained it well. It was just unclear.

1 Like

Valid point my friend.
I’d rather jus use my quickest pvp team.
May not get as much with the event +400 but the time it saves me grants a better ratio.