The Issue Regarding Losing PvP Score to Gain Extra Defense Wins

There is a problem with team power score that needs fixing a lot of my 5800 power score 1 trophy teams are actually 4 level 20 mythic fully traited teams.

2 Likes

Hi Maxx,

That’s a little bit of fallout from the one-troop-defense fix.
We’ll be working on a better solution for that tomorrow, but I REALLY wanted to get the above issue out of the way first, since it’s been hanging around for so long.

9 Likes

That stung me only once. After that, I didn’t rely on the team score to decide if a team is actually hard. You may wish to adopt such a strategy yourself.

“Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.”

2 Likes

Thanks Sirrian.

I have free scouting but when I don’t want to do the Psion/Famine/Death/Famine team 3 trophy or 2 trophy that probably contains a Famine I do my 1 trophy but lately they have been either Psion/Famine/Death/Famine or Kerb/GS/FG/Kerb

thank you for your hard work devs! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad to hear that finally it got addressed. Thanks for that.

While we’re at it, also please check the +1 defense victory bug caused by doing casual PvP. Those defense victory is looks very similar with this defense bug. I personally would love to do casual sometimes as it’s cheap to refresh. It also good source to farm snotstones during event or as a place when I want to test a new team with higher stats opponent. I just can’t imagine how people would react when they saw my name show up on their battle log often and it count as defense victory to them.

This is the example stats of person who’s been doing casual PvP:

It’s a shame not be able to use one of the components of the game because of this bug and the appearance it gives.

10 Likes

[quote=“Sirrian, post:1, topic:24859, full:true”]
Basically we have 3 matchmaking tables in PvP, and players get added into lists in each table based on various stats about their hero & their weekly record. Each table focuses (not exclusively though) on a different aspect of the week’s play. One of them focuses on PvP Points.

Anyway, I’ve been working today - modifying the formulae for matchmaking[/quote]

Not sure about this, but the modification may have somewhat broken PvP ranking up. I noticed today that after I had completed (and won) all 5 of my Guild War battles that my Tier points were lower than expected. The guild roster is correctly showing that I’ve won 15 trophies for my 5 battles, but my PvP xp points are only 619xp instead of what they ought to be from the summation in my Battle Log: 730xp. In other words, during my Gw fights I ranked up only once instead of twice (Tier 14 instead of Tier 13).

I did not level up in Tier nor receive PvP rewards for winning the GW battles. My Stats page is claiming that I’ve completed only 1 battle instead of 5 today.

Definitely have never experienced this issue in previous weeks. :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for the update, and grats on tracking down that rare issue.
I know how those can be the hardest to fix…

[quote=“ZooKeeper, post:11, topic:24859”]
While we’re at it, also please check the +1 defense victory bug caused by doing casual PvP. . . . I just can’t imagine how people would react when they saw my name show up on their battle log often and it count as defense victory to them.

[/quote]Is that your gripe with casual PvP player stats? That they may see your name and think they’ve defeated you? Why is this a problem for you, particularly when you see the player pictured does not do ranked PvP? No revenge matches for casual players, so having defense losses constantly pop up with no recourse to avenge them feels like being ganked. Maybe that profile score card should be done away with for those who care not to be ranked so ranked players don’t have a cow.

It is NOT an exploit. Casual play is not even supposed to get tier rankings, so I have been told repeatedly by devs, Nimhain in particular when she used to answer my support tickets about this.

If I do casual PvP, without touching ranked PvP at all after reset, I’ll get stats like that. And not everyone here aware about this bug, so when they see someone with stats like 150-0 on defense, they would think that person is abusing defensive bug since it looks similar. That’s why I’ve always stay away from casual PvP even though I want to do it.

That’s exactly what I was trying to point out. They should fix it so it won’t raise any stupid suspicion and accusation when someone doing casual PvP. If I attack you on casual PvP, you’ll get defensive victory (even if I won the match) and counted towards your ranked stats which I believe should not happens.

12 Likes

Aha! I was seeing a bunch of repeated losses coming from a few members of a certain guild. This was probably what they were trying to do. Thanks for cracking down on it! :smiley:

1 Like

They were farming in casual the Elspeth teams exclusively on warlord iv with merchant teams to maximise their gain and lower their exposure by staying off the ranked leader board. And as stated above correctly, when you are attacked from casual you will net a PvP defensive win.

Did people actually think the purpose of this “abuse” was to get defend wins? xD defend wins are worthless imo, i was using this method for awhile because sub 400 pvp pts = sub 3000 pt teams on casual pvp ie 1 shottable with bomb bot :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s the point and some took advantage of that 3 glory for a casual “loss” to the tune of hundreds of defensive wins a week

second this :wink:

“defend wins are worthless.” Right. Because no one’s seen the video, posted by someone in this very thread.

5 Likes

Omigosh :astonished: :see_no_evil:

what in the hell?

How is that even possible?

This is a still from the video that set off the minor firestorm about this particular exploit a few months ago. That is how many resources the exploit delivers, and known exploiters are still in this thread laughably trying to defend themselves.

6 Likes