The Future of the GoW Forum Fantasy Series

But maybe it will be better to start it when console fully catched up pc cause im only playing on console and we don’t have every pc troops yet so if i am fighting against a pc guy and he got a troop i don’t know yet it will be a little confusing

The only way to do this is to remove voting completely.

But maybe- You can assign points to each team based on team synergy, stats, etc. But then there would be no reason to have the fun forum debates. Unless you pair it with votes, like Dancing with the Stars. Takes into consideration the Team Score AND the votes.

OR you can go this route:
Do an American Idol type thing where America’s Vote counts, but fox reserves the right to overturn the vote if they feel like it. As the Commish, you reserve the right to overturn the vote if it seems deliberately earned out of popularity and not based on team viability. Of course, that might piss people off… but you like that sort of thing now, right?! TROLLIA-Parks?? :wink:

1 Like

@Lyya’s site helps immensely

I suggested seeding by Commissioner’s prerogative and got shot down.

I shouldn’t be able to influence outcomes in any way.

Maybe only devs could vote but once again maybe they got their favorite peoples :slight_smile:

I know @Nimhain would vote for me :stuck_out_tongue:

We need extra rules for a whimsical activity on the forums? This isn’t for a trophy people, no worries. It worked fine the last time, it can work fine again. James has got this.

2 Likes

lol I didn’t know that.

I for one think it works fine as is. As long as people understand what they are getting into then they know its all in good fun. As I said above, popularity is a part of life whether we like it or not. And any competition is subject to subjectivity, pardon the pun.

Im just saying if someone go in his guild
Chat to ask people vote for him, it not really fair

Ex: i can make 20 forum acounts and vote for me, so the reason i win is because i got more votes and not necessary the best team

@Rickygervais If somebody cares enough to make 20 forum accounts… they deserve the win!

… also I think the moderators would catch that… lol

But I get your point. :wink:

I got like 5 votes from my guild members (at that point not many of our members were on forum). That’s 5 votes in a total of 100+ votes. My opponents got votes from their guild members too. So I don’t see your point of not deserving a win?
Both opponent’s are in a guild and can get a total of 30 votes that way. They both can get 30 votes so it’s equal, it doesn’t change the outcome.

1 Like

Last time around, it seemed like people actually listened to the arguments in each matchup thread, and (generally) the most convincing argument won. Occasionally there were grassroots (private-message) attempts to sway the vote, but hey, it can’t be worse than the current presidential climate, can it? :slight_smile:

Back then, Gorgotha was considered the “I-Win” pick, interrupted only by Maw. How times have changed…

4 Likes

Like i said in the earlier post if lydia is fighting against someone nobody know in the forum, the chance the new guy that nobody know win are very low

I understand your hesitation, but have more faith in the forum members.
If @Lyya’s team has no synergy and weak troops
and the unknown player’s team is a current meta-team…

I can vouch from experience that the meta-team will win.
Now will @Lyya put up a better fight than she “should” of course, but the forum showed in the past they were capable of making the “right” choice.

When it gets really fun is in the finals when both teams really are good and it would come down to a RNGesus board drop, then the debate really can make a difference. But again, this is ALL IN FUN!
So nobody should be taking anything too seriously or personally.

2 Likes

FWIW, I personally enjoyed the fantasy series. I don’t have the time to do it at present, but I thought it was a great addition to the community and would be happy to see it return.

6 Likes

The Fantasy Series started and died while I was on hiatus. I’ve read bits and pieces mentioning it, but now that it’s actually out and described… That sounds like a LOT of fun, and the kind of thing that’s right up my alley. You have my support, and I’d love to participate. I just have a few questions.

• How does Drafting work? Do you select a troop from a randomly generated list, or do you pick any troop and then opponents lose access to it?
  • How are contestants chosen?
  • How long do debates go for? What are the rules?

I’ll probably go dig up the old fantasy series posts to try to learn more about this, myself. But I’m personally INCREDIBLY hyped at even the prospect of such a thing happening. Even if I didn’t compete, personally, I’d love to watch others compete and debate their teams.

2 Likes

Oh yeah just to mention that I’m also interested in participating as long as I have time at the point it’s organized.

2 Likes

I talked to talia some time ago on permission to make a fantasy series and am working on creating a game, is should be ready soon, for people to create their teams and hash out the victors. I got her/his blessing so give me a break, they are smarter than me and i already have a theme set. The theme is clone wars.

@TaliaParks
It would be great if you brought the series back. I enjoyed reading the troop selection posts the most.

As HK said, it’s just a forum game. There is no need to complicate it. It worked well the way it was.

2 Likes

when i played, hardly anyone knew me but i got 3rd. lost to a goblin team… go figure :slight_smile:

2 Likes