The Future of The Dragon Soul

Agreed. Or challenges which restrict the kind of team you can put out (e.g. must have 1 guardian and can’t have dragons, or no blue mana troops).

Re: behemoth, I agree that huge/immense can be useless but it really depends on the kind of team. I mean, people don’t say soothsayer is useless. Loads of people use soothsayer. But if you think about it, on a team of 2 crimson bats and soothsayer, every time soothsayer and both bats are cast you only need one 4+ match to even things out again. I appreciate that’s a bit simplistic but if you think of it that way immense is pretty rad, especially when paired with a mana generator that creates multiple matches.

Having said that I never mind a troop getting stunned if they lose huge, and I wouldn’t care if TDS’s huge trait was replaced.

I would prefer that TDS’s third trait was not related to souls. Firing his ability (or even just the explode or damage part) upon death would be cool, as would buffing or transferring his stats to other dragons.

Since The Dragon Soul relies on having other dragons on the team, I suggest changing it to “20% chance to resurrect an ally dragon.” It would have up to four chances to activate compared to Infernal Kings one. However, the team would be limited to dragons, making it more vulnerable to counters.

1 Like

I love this idea. Yes.

Is he going to resurrect himself in that?

reviving this as the dragon soul is still unchanged…

another trait idea:

upon death heal and either cleanse or enchant one random dragon ally
(shares a part of his soul with the dragon ally to enhance them)

The Enchant ability ties right into my original suggestion-

Upon death Enchant all allies, dragon allies gain half their mana

That way all troops benefit, but dragon’s get an extra boost

1 Like

How about enchant a friendly dragon on soul gain?

Or something else that triggers on soul collection.

That would essentially just be an additional effect on TDS’s spell, rather than a trait that triggers on an independent condition. Not to say that they couldn’t wire a trait that way, but as far as I can think of, they never have.

1 Like

More ideas:

• Enchant a random ally on 4 or 5-gem matches.
  • Gives X (1? 2?) mana to a random ally on 4 or 5-gem matches.

This was from another topic, but:

• On Death OR Mana Drain, distribute DS’s mana randomly to other living troops (maybe at a 2x ratio?).

This would aid offense teams suffering under Khorvash or Famine, and possibly give a free “revenge cast” or two to the remaining troops after DS falls, assuming he had a decent amount of mana.

2 Likes

On Death > That wouldn’t work against Khorvash or Famine as he would have no mana by the time he dies.
On Drain > Pretty sure that would be a lot of troubles for developpers to make sure mana is collected after the drain when it’s AoE drain.

1 Like

Not really. Save the amount drained/lost to some temporary space, resolve the remaining effects of the attack, and then redistribute mana to the survivors, or end the battle if there aren’t any left. Just because it hasn’t been done yet doesn’t mean it isn’t possible.

You know, just one of the recent topics:

It should be easy, right? Princess kills herself, summons a knight and only then the game checks if the battle is finished? Unfortunately it only seems so when there are many different objects interacting with one another… Exactly the same problem would/could happen with mana redistribution.

1 Like

Seems pretty unrelated to me. But whatever, if your only criticism of the idea is that your clairvoyance suggests glitches, I’ll take that as a note of merit. Get me tomorrow’s lottery numbers while you’re at it, farseer.

it could re-distribute the mana BEFORE mana drain is executed

in case of EK some mana would go to the other troop that is about to be drained so it would go to waste but i think it would be most optimal option

the original suggestion was here

thank you @Zuboki for reminding me about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, and that’s a whole lot considering they won’t even do that for entangle or web (if you reduce / augment the attack / magic of any troop during entangle / web, it will simply be ignored) and that’s 2 whole status effect affecting every cards of the game, not only Khorvash or Famine.

Also, that’s what @GemsCollector wanted to demonstrate : GoW’s devs tend NOT to do things that needs to be temporary saved.

@Annaerith That’s what I was thinking too, but then with Famine it would only replenish mana of troops before the Dragon Souls (higher in your line up) as code is procedural so Famine’s spell doesn’t actually affect all troops at once.
It goes through each troops in a loop, putting their mana back to zero, then, when reaching The Dragon Soul, it would redistribute to everyone, but then, Famine’s spell would go one, draining all mana, including mana gifted by the Dragon Soul, from the remaining troops.

Don’t forget about Bombot explosion and troops with Life Drain (EDIT: and the fact that the dying Bombot collects Brown gems it explodes). So I think you’re right, the idea they gave is nice, but I’m afraid it wouldn’t be easy to implement.

It’s sad to see the vocal majority come from the stance of “these things are broken and will remain broken forever”. But I’m not about to argue with people too stubborn to see potential. Thank you, Mako, for at least giving some feedback before falling into this manner of thought.

I like your idea. It would clearly require client changes to implement, but like you said, the fact that something is bugged now has no bearing on whether or not it’s a good idea for the future.

I’m not saying your idea is bad, on the contrary, but I just don’t see it happening any time soon.