The Future of The Dragon Soul

Yeah, I’m not suggesting he needs to be changed, I would just prefer to change him over changing TDS. Plus immortal doesn’t always mean “unkillable”.

True, but in the Blighted Land’s quest, Herald of Chaos states they need to get going quickly after the final battle because IK would be back. :smirk:

1 Like

True. I forgot about that.

I think the best bet would be to change Infernal King’s revive to 40%, but places deathmark on himself when doing so.

Infernal King’s revive use to be 30%, but was cut down to 25%. It would make sense that something that is immortal wouldn’t have the same revive chance of everything else, but rather higher. Adding the drawback like deathmark on itself when it revives would help to balance it from being too OP.

They could build on TDS “Starfall” ability and make the 3rd trait “Supernova” and have it cast Starfall + Magic or something on death.

Or have it cast Falling Stars + summon on death. Call it reincarnation (which fits in better with the eastern/oriental dragon illustration of TDS) instead of resurrection.

1 Like

40% revive+death mark could result in him being ‘reseted’ frequently, might be also irritating xD

3 Likes

I’d like to see the Dragon Soul’s ability “infuse” another dragon with the power on death. So Dragon Soul dies, target another dragon, it gains +10 to all stats and +10 mana. So the Dragon Soul is immortal, and can take other available forms.

Then you’d have to think about when to kill it.

2 Likes

Why overcomplicate it with zany ideas?

I’d like to see Dragon Soul explode into blue mana. Blue mana everywhere. The walls, ceiling, kitchen floor, and the dog house.

1 Like

Yeah just make the last trait give all dragon allies impervious.

if the legendary trait can’t be a necromancy one, can we talk about switching huge for necromancy?

id switch the first trait with necromancy coz this is where necromancy should be

You bring up a good point and you might not even realize it.

Any trait that buffs life should be a BIG deal.

The problem is that Big, Huge, and even Behemoth’s +4 Immense, are largely useless because:

1. Damage is so high now that incremental buffers are completely overwhelmed
  2. Matches don’t last long enough for continual buff traits to have any impact at all and
  3. Incremental buffers are far inferior to troops like Lady Anariel, which IMHO is annoyingly overpowered compared to other methods of buffing life.

This is an especially big deal for the Priest class, because that 3rd trait is worth absolutely nothing.

1 Like

I would beg to differ, at least in reference to Behemoth’s Immense. He is on the front line of my main pvp team, and I often depend on that trait when his hp gets low. Two of the other troops are transformers, including Mercy, so a heal plus several match-4s/5s can add up pretty quick. This may not always be enough, but many times he’s gone from less than 10 hp to over 50 in one go, which is not insignificant. In a good game, Behemoth gets to have 100+ hp, and since he has so much Mercy stops healing him and instead buffs up the rest of the team. That means the last 40+ hp are from Immense alone. Just think, 40 hp extra is just from 10 match-4s,

However, I have to agree about Big and Huge. Those increments are too small to get much benefit from, no matter how many match-4/5s you get on a turn. Even Huge takes a long time to build up to a useful amount - it has half the benefit of Immense, so it takes twice as long to become useful.

2 Likes

What level are you and what are you up against? I see a lot of Bone Dragon and Khorvash, Behemoth goes down quickly, as does Gorgotha or anybody else.

Honesty, with stun and all the other stuff that’s been added recently, the game is like rock paper scissors and I kind of prefer a chess-like experience, or maybe even checkers.

I rarely have challenging matches. It’s just a question of who gets their nukes off first. Every match is over in about 2 minutes, win or lose.

450ish. I see a lot of the common meta stuff: Korvash, Manticore, Bone Dragon, etc. And yes, it’s not always effective. Bone Dragon can and will wipe him out given the right opportunity. It’s not a fail-proof team. I’m just saying that the Immense trait is not an insignificant part of the team build. It’s not what I depend on, but it definitely can be felt as a help.

I think maybe you misunderstood me a bit - you’re saying that Immense isn’t what you “depend on” but IMO a trait like that SHOULD be something you depend on. It should set Behemoth apart from other troops as special. He’s utilitarian, for sure, but he’s not special. That’s really what I’m getting at. The current offense-oriented mechanics, along with a previously-abundant endgame economy, have left us in a situation where not even the Mythic troops are really special.

So would you prefer it be changed to something like 5hp per turn, to better play “chess” with? On a certain level, I agree with you, that in some ways you look at it and think, only 4hp? That seems pretty tiny compared to some of the attack values you can come up against. (I recently got wrecked by a double Courage team that ended up with with 60+ attack…) On the other hand, given the right kind of looping transform team, it adds up. When I said I don’t depend on it for my team, perhaps I should have said rather that I don’t rely on it to get me a win, since it inherently has no offensive value, but I do rely on it to keep Behemoth alive as long as possible.

Would I complain if the Immense trait got a buff? Of course not. Do I think it’s necessary? Not exactly. I play him strategically, and his Impervious is just as valuable. I suppose, in that light, that you could make the argument that if it has roughly the same value in a team as a lesser trait, then it’s not quite what you’d call a legendary trait. However, if Immense got a buff (say, 5 or even 6 hp per), then would we be getting calls for a nerf, since Impervious already adds a lot of value to the troop? “He can’t be both Impervious AND gain a lot of hp, that’s too powerful, not even true damage can keep up!” etc.

People would be calling to nerf a better Immense or Huge because they’re used to overwhelming and quick invades.

Invades are as close to a sure win as it gets and defenses are the exact opposite. This game is about accumulation, not strategy, unfortunately. Pretty much everything is too easy to get, whether it’s invade wins, attribute bonuses, traits, currency, whatever. There’s no way to get a chess match out of this anymore. Just push the red button and watch the explosions.

That is one reason I’d like to see more PvE content, which could be made much longer and more difficult than the PvP with a ‘stupid’ AI. Things like thematic Boss fights against troops we can’t get as players.

For example. Think about the questline at a kingdom, these are easy fights with a smattering of traits. Instead picture them as stronger opponents, traited, with some not-available units (like Rainbow Gorgotha) with each match ramping up in difficulty (both in terms of design and warlord level stat boosts). But unlike questline you can’t change your lineup between fights. So you have to build a team to survive different types of fights. And like arena if you lose a match, it ends with rewards based on how many you get through.

1 Like