The artwork for the Silvermaiden really bothers me

Really? I believe Contrast is one of the biggest issues.

Looks to me like the hole for the horn. Since it is an unicorn.

1 Like

I noticed yesterday that the misplaced, smoking Volcano mystery that was formerly on Broken Spire isle has disappeared from the World Map.

Sad to see the Volcano gone. Poofed into the ether. Iā€™m sure there was an interesting backstory to it at some pointā€¦

Yup! It buried an Italian city many years agoā€¦

2 Likes

Whaā€¦?! Whoa. Mount Stromboli has never buried a city lol. Although itā€™s active enough that its other name is ā€œLighthouse of the Mediterranean.ā€

Speaking of islands and volcanoesā€¦ Should the Devs ever kindly choose to put Aussieland on the map, I want it to harken back to ancient Ozzie times complete with giant volcanic eruptions from the netherworld. After all, where else could Tasmanian Devils have come from? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course not! Thats where FSM lives!

Iā€™m pretty sure he was referring to Mount Vesuvius, which did in fact destroy not one but two ancient cities.

3 Likes

Yep, I know he was referring to Vesuvius. :stuck_out_tongue: I just wanted to throw a spanner into the works since Italy has three active volcanoes, but only one of them is on an island. Stromboli is the volcano that JRR Tolkien used to model Mount Doom. Itā€™s similar to the former island volcano on Broken Spire island, for which I was originally requesting a backstory. :))

Lol. Unfortunately I have no idea who or what FSM is. Unless weā€™re indirectly referencing Italy, pasta, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster (or at least thatā€™s how my brain interpreted it; your mileage may vary). :unicorn: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yup!

Isnt stromboli also a pasta dish?

Edit: i am a pastafarianšŸ

Around here, a stromboli is a sort-of pizza pocket: dough filled with sauce cheese and other fillings, then folded over, brushed with butter and baked.

So as not to derail the thread, let me also say that the alignment of the Silvermaidenā€™s mountā€™s horn is less bothersome to me when I look at the actual troop card, but on the loading screen, the elements just donā€™t seem to fit together (horn, mane and helmet).

We call that a calzone in chiraq bruddašŸ˜Ž i didnt know it was the same thing. I should do a bit of google-fu lol

1 Like

Ok so after a bit of google-fu it seems i was wrongā€¦ Calzone and stromboli are very differentā€¦stromboli is more like a sandwich that has been baked and a calzone is like a folded in half pizza and bakedā€¦

Either way now i am hungryā€¦

1 Like

So as not to derail the thread,

Pretty sure that already happened about the time people brought up ancient volcanos and fictional pasta monsters. =P

1 Like

Every time I see the Silvermaiden graphic loading screen I thnk of this thread. Just have to comment: To me, the offset horn adds depth to the picture- the horn is perfectly aligned with the hole, but itā€™s further in the background. Looks great.

But itā€™s not perfectly aligned with the hole. Look at the point of the horn, and then mentally draw a line straight down through the middle. Itā€™s more aligned with the unicornā€™s eye. Also, even if it was perfectly aligned, the more pressing problem is the unicornā€™s mane. If the hole is visible, where the base of the horn should be, then the base of the horn should be visible. Since the base of the horn is obscured by the mane, you shouldnā€™t be able to see the hole, either. The way it is, the horn is clearly disembodied and floating in the mane.

Compare the Silvermaidenā€™s unicorn mount to Queen Aurora. Queen Aurora has her horn in the hole, and itā€™s not obscured by the mane, so it looks great. The Silvermaidenā€¦ doesnā€™t.