The 3.0 Guild Wars Update (& Bone Dragon changes) incoming tomorrow (PC/Mobile)!

Great point.

Seeing Bone Dragon nearly every match is my biggest frustration.

But not being able to experiment with new teams for fear of having to take a bunch of losses is also right up there on the list.

Hopefully, they’ll tweak the weekly events even further to encourage more diversity on defense. It actually seems to be working a little bit.

6 Likes

This is going to be a very unpopular sentiment, but personally I’d rather see things that are OP for invading get nerfed than OP defense troops. You shouldn’t be able to average under a minute on invades for hundreds of invades. Anything that slows that average down I think is healthy. There’s probably a couple troops that get used 70% of the time to invade but nobody complains about those being OP…

Heaven forbid it takes more than a minute to finish a match or there’s a higher than normal chance to lose. Besides, if you’re blowing through matches that fast what does it matter that all defense teams are a variation on the same theme? If you’re driving 150 mph you’re not going to take notice of the scenery.

If you’re doing a lot less invading and all you see is the same defense team the complaint is a bit more legitimate and agree that’s boring.

shrug to each their own. Point is he’s “fixed” so people can take up their pitchforks against the next most heavily used troop.

Sirrian does actually have those stats - he brought them out when it was time to nerf Valkyrie, for instance. Nothing was being used quite that much, I think.

The 1-minute invades would be a bigger deal if there weren’t so many teams that could pull that off at the moment.

1 Like

Yay!! Guild wars!!!

9 Likes

At present, what do we have other than speeding through PVP as fast as we can? Nothing really present a challenge, not even Wraith / Bone Dragon.

PVP is super easy, that’s just what it is. So optimizing for speed is a logical outcome.

Lack of variety is the #1 problem with this game, in mine and many other opinions.

So you’re right, your opinion won’t be popular. :smiley:

2 Likes

So now that 3.0 and GW is DONE…

@Sirrian and @Nimhain can crawl back into their dark developer hole and discuss that crafting system, sirrian “promised” us in the Sneak Peek Wrap Up thread[quote=“Sirrian, post:1, topic:21806”]
we had a GREAT discussion about the difficulty of completing collections, So we decided to design & implement a crafting system IMMEDIATELY!!!
[/quote]

What!? I did nothing… :innocent:

Full Disclosure: Original quote may have some creative embellishment… :smiling_imp:

10 Likes

Well now you have guild wars! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I’ve been running into that a bit more lately. Hmmm…a mana drainer that deals true dmg and removes a color on the friggin first turn? That needs to go DIAF. Give it Fast like Manticore, otherwise we’ll be seeing a lot more of the Quad Spirit Foxes, believe you me!

EDIT: it’s not that this team is beatable (which it is) it’s that it’s such a slog and quagmire to get thru. In my experience a Fox will trigger when one of my troops gets 50%+ mana, so I spend a turn or two setting up a troop only to get it drained. Also have to make sure you’re not primarily grabbing mana for your key troop otherwise it gets hit multiple times, gotta spread the mana collection around even more.
I even prefer to play against a W/C/BD/F team a dozen times in a row rather than face a SF team, they’re my Vietnam! It’s not funny nor fun :confused:

3 Likes

Hopefully people work with the color system, otherwise GW is going to be more of the same - Wraith and Bone Dragon over and over again.

It’s all on the players now, the Devs did their job.

1 Like

so hate to mention it but…are we still not getting the 4 classes that have been in the files for months in this update?

2 Likes

1 Like

Maybe those needed a client update too? We will at least get a new weapon with the new kingdom :slight_smile:

And to those players, I salute you. I already miss the idea of playing how you want to. -#Freedom -#Merica :laughing:

We’ll see.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how anyone has under a minute invades on average… I use all of the meta teams and with all the animations and loading screens (I play on mobile if that matters) and I average 1.5-3 minutes depending on the board and enemy and mana blocking.

I just feel like that’s a huge exaggeration because it doesn’t come even that close for me. And I have almost every bonus (except for the 5 star from the most recent kingdom) and my guild gets al bonus but one armor statue.

2 Likes

I agree, I’d be interested in hearing what these supposed sub-1 minute invade teams are.

I have a team that can get sub-1 minute matches but not every time. Average is more like @Mekkalyn said, 1.5-2 minutes is probably average.

1 Like

Guess who has 4 day weekend oh yea ME !!! I’ll be watching streams !!!

1 Like

Same. Though much faster when I (1) set Hedwig on his own on defence and (2) take the two trophy match.

1 Like

I once did a 15 minute trial with my Bombot on explore. And even with clicking through all those screens I completed 16 matches in 15 minutes.
So a single troop defense paired with only taking the 1 trophy option could net a possible 1 per minute or less since there are fewer loading screens in PVP.