The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series: Third Place Match

Did you just test bone dragon against a fully traited hydra?

I think he meant if you Bone Dragon you likely kill everything.

Not just now, but Iā€™ve sheggraā€™d a hydra on many occasions and thatā€™s never led to a team wipe.

FTFY :wink:

That is because you have to do 2 transforms not one which could account for the none team kill.

You forgot Gorgotha smash! And Blargh!

A fully traited Hydra? Is it that common?

The end result is the same with Sheggra and Bone Dragon. Lots of skull matches at once.

The end result might be that sheggra might not cause multiple hit rolls with maw whereas bone dragon did.
Both make skulls but sheggrasā€™ spell might not be coded as a multi-hit whereas we saw that bone dragonā€™s was.

Maybe. Probably not, but I admit the possibility exists.

I suggest you give it a try and let us all know. The results may be enlightening.

When i get a bone dragon and find a hydra i will let you know the results.

Not exactly common, but they showed up with more frequency as of the recent red/blue event.

Iā€™ve actually changed my vote like 3 tunes because of these arguments!

So about the hype for this match, it it done? Has the dust finally settled? Who reigns victorious and who has fallen? Or is the battle still on? Has @Bobomb been defused or has @Studs been blown to pieces? Cast your vote while the fuse is still lit!

I think weā€™ve both said our piece at this point. Heā€™s convinced heā€™s gonna kill my whole team in one turn. Iā€™m convinced thatā€™s not gonna happen, and instead think Iā€™ll kill his squishy boar rider, and then his team will fall apart.

As I said before, I think it really comes down to whether or not you want to take the risk with his fun and flashy but vulnerable team or go with the all around solid and reliable choice.

I donā€™t doubt he could win, itā€™s just a matter of whether or not he wins most of the time, and that I donā€™t see happening. In a best of 5, Iā€™d guess he gets 2 wins, but itā€™s not reliable enough to get the third.

RNG is a cruel mistress and he leans on it too heavily.

I see @Machiknightā€™s indecisiveness is the margin here. Wonder if heā€™ll change his mind again.

1 Like

Spider is blue blocked so at the start (in my opinion) The colors to be focused on are green, yellow, purple. If you get either green seer or spider to go off and net an extra turn then the loop will connect however boar will not be likely to go off as he is in fact mana blocked blocked and can only collect overflow. His loop in question is good but spider-seer can only go so far before he can no longer make a match 4 of his choosing all the while probable racking up cascades or majorly altering the board. This also means a constant buff to spider as well.

Entangle is pointless as (in this case) behemoth is immune to entangle so that removes skull blocking from the opponent. Frozen is great if it lands on anything. The barrier thing is kinda sad as even though it blocks all damage it can only be placed on 1 troop at a time. I think rng is on seer/spiders side cause you control where you place the mana you want to lead to a match 4. Behemoth is not the target i would aim for. i would aim for the bone dragon first. Once that frozen ability is gone i think with @Bobombā€™s team i could and would win.

Problem is he has no aim. Boar Rider only attacks the first troop. Hydra likely wonā€™t get off spells, but if he does somehow then itā€™s across all troops so not much damage to any one troop. Thatā€™s part of my point: Iā€™ve got my important troops well protected whereas he does not.

The powerā€¦The ABSOLUTE POWER!!

There have been some good discussions overnight.

We have both presented our points, and what we disagree on. My opponent keeps claiming his troops are.more reliable than mine. Heā€™s basically saying ā€œBehemoth + Bone Dragon OP!ā€

Thatā€™s wrong though. My combo is incredibly consistent, as many others have said. His team banks on the Behemoth 's resistance. As itā€™s the first to go down from combined attacks by Boar Rider and Hydra on chained skulls, all the rest of his troops will be entangled. This neutralises Bone Dragon completely. Meanwhile, whether my team is led by Hydra or a replacement Spider Swarm, Frozen will only affect Red and Blue, while I make and take Green and Purple. So 0 risk.

My team can only target his first unit. This also means that it concentrates on efficiently taking out troops one at a time. How convenient that his most useful troops are in positions 1 and 2!

About the RNG: a board control team is the least affected by it, as I create the board I need. My opponent in the other hand is completely dependent on the RNG.

Any way you look at it, my troops are far more consistent than his.

One note: Boar Rider gets a lot of overflow from sets, so charges up after a couple of loops. Since the loop doesnā€™t break, it just keeps going.