The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series - Stone Round: 3 vs 7

I’m on holiday in California for my brothers wedding, so I can’t quite respond or post the way I would like, which I’m sure I will pay for.

HOWEVER

There are some flaws in @Studs argument.
First:
This isn’t a novel so no tl;dr

Rock worm hits for 9 not 7, was this deliberate deception to mislead the voters? I’m not saying that it is, but it’s certainly something to think about…

Saying that popping Gorgotha won’t fill my other troops shows that he might not have played Gorgotha enough to know that not only is this possible, but probable. It is pretty common knowledge that Gorhotha is more than capable of filling his own mana pool with a single explosion.

As everyone already knows, bone dragon vs Gorgotha is a pretty losing situation for the BD.

Remember: a vote for Gorgotha is not JUST a vote for truth, but also, a vote for beer. We all love beer, vote for Gorgotha.

2 Likes

Rock worm hits for 7. Look at the linked troop list entry (here).

Rock worm gains +1 magic for every brown ally raising his damage from 7 to 9.

No beer for you!

A couple of counter-points:

It is 9 not 7. I missed the Stone Spirit trait on Rock Worm. So it’ll take 6+ hits, not 7. Ultimately, 2 extra damage is still very little damage relative to the HP pool I’ve got to work with. (Low blow on the implication!)

And, yes, it’s certainly possible that Gorgotha can fill himself in a round. Probably is a stretch though. And the real issue is that in filling himself, if he can, Rock Worm still doesn’t get filled. So, sure, maybe Gorgotha gets filled more, but it doesn’t change the fact that the team is slow going in terms of damage.

Finally to my point, it’s not Gorgotha vs Bone Dragon. They’re actually pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Bone Dragon is just there to rip apart your team’s armor so Wight and Behemoth can finish them off. :grin:

Oh poo, I totally missed that. Can I haz beer now? :cry:

1 Like

Ok apology accepted. Hefeweizen or Stout?

Hey, I’ll drink anything. But if I had a choice, Belgian sours! My bf can’t stand 'em, which makes me a bit sad…

1 Like

Yes, you can! Turns out, Priestess has way more booze than his team. She lives in a monastery where they give out free beer, wine, and liquor to all their guests! And let’s be honest, can you really trust beer from a worm?! And do you think worm-beer is better than monastery-beer? A vote for Priestess is a vote for good booze of all kinds!

1 Like

Uhm, excuse me? Its daemon beer. Are you seriously going to compare stuffy human priestess beer to daemon beer?

1 Like

Daemon beer is made with the tears of kittens.

Kittens! How could anyone want that.

Plus well Priestess is pretty cute on her own.

1 Like

Machiknight doesn’t need the Traitstones like I do. He’s way richer and further along than I am. Do we really want Krystara to be a place where the rich get richer while the little guy suffers! A vote for me is a vote for equality! Together we can make the world a better place!

1 Like

Yeah let @Studs get the big prize of traitstones so he can make better troops, win more pvps, and donate the gold to the guild so I get keys and gems!

1 Like

Sounds delicious!

1 Like

I’ll have you know ive worked hard from the very beginning and the very bottom to get where I have. I an the epitome of the Krystaran dream, anyone can make it if they work hard enough and long enough.

To vote against be simply because I embody the success that Krystara offers is to vote against the possibility of your own success.

Vote for truth, vote for me.

You were born on third and think you hit a triple! We all know the truth: You were born with a silver spoon in your mouth, giving you a systemic advantage from the outset. “Just a small million dollar loan,” he says!

I’m a true Everyman, a bona fide Horatio Alger story, a genuine rags-to-middle-class dream!

We all know who to believe: the player with no Legendaries on his in-game team, no Legendaries with their third trait, and not a single Mythic to his name. Not the guy in the penthouse guild with the traited-out full-Mythic team!

I present Exhibit A: What happens when I try to face off against Machiknight in-game in PvP.

I think you’re very own words perfectly illustrate why votes would be wasted on @Studs. Why does not having the skill or will to have mythics or legendary troops make you a better candidate? It seems that the best person to vote for would be the one who is familiar with all aspects of the game including how to properly feed and care for legendary troops.

Vote for truth, vote for experience, vote for me.

1 Like

Looks like Machiknight’s pulled back into a solid lead. Remember folks: A vote for me is a vote for equality whereas a vote for Machi is a vote for plutocracy! (Also, I haz the rhymes.)

This match is better than watching the presidential debates this year.

1 Like

You guys are a riot. A bit off topic, but a riot.

Me, I kick butt better without legendaries. By choice. Because they’re strong, but I’m still farming souls (Valk), gold (Alchemist), maps (Tyri) and heck, because combos are the way to go!

Though I have to say, Mercy is a mean combo-starting machine. Still not legendary though.