The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series: First Place Match

Golgotha’s weakness ignored and ignorance is bliss. Gorgotha is a terrible troop.

Gorgotha what you got?

1 Like

While I can accept many arguments as to why some view Gorgotha as OP and some say overrated, you cannot say it’s a terrible troop. You have no valid argument whatsoever to back that claim. There is no better all purpose mana generator and for that alone it will never be “terrible”.

3 Likes

If you are judging Gorgotha by his inability to mitigate magical damage, then essentially you are calling every troop in the game “terrible.”

2 Likes

Costs too much !5 to possible loop, has only one trait that makes it a tank, Might summon a troop if lucky, and at our current time a poor troop at that.

1 Like

I’ve seen Gorgotha fill himself from his effect so it’s not too much, not to mention he usually fill several troops from his ability.

His ability alone is where his value comes from. No other troop does it better. That is what made him a great unit from long before Traits were even added and still makes him a great all purpose troop now.

2 Likes

Gorgotha is a feeder, not a looper. Converters and goblins are the only viable loopers in the game right now.

4 Likes

If the next update comes out before the next series, gorgotha will no longer be able to smash.

1 Like

Oh? What’s changing next update?

1 Like

Probably referring to the new troops of which technically it won’t matter either way since all troops will be allowable and there will be new strategies for the teams. Though with all the Maw talk, I’m surprised no one has considered what a whirling dervish might do for a team especially when the enemy no longer has their favored troop in the 1 spot.

2 Likes

Mana burn. You deal damage boosted by the amount of mana your opponent has.

1 Like

We’ll have to see. Sirrian himself said Mana Burn wasn’t a “game changer,” so I’m inclined to believe it’ll be no more a threat than any other targeted damage spell today.

1 Like

This is true but remember he has been wrong before. You can only test a certain amount of viability with ai vs ai action.

1 Like

As I said, we’ll have to see. I would certainly be cautious about making predictions in the absolute, in the meantime.

2 Likes

Actually no. Celestasia is on a greater level then Gorgotha when it comes to tanking. It’s so easy getting 1 siimple 4/5 match, and barrier doesn’t reduce skull damage it STOPS it completely. Not only that it also stops any spell damage. You can’t go further then that in terms of tanking. Better then 75% reducation to skulls is 100% reducation to everything. Not that you have any spell damage I should worry about thought xD

1 Like

By explosion that takes forever to charge? If you count on that to pop my barrier often enough you are in for a trouble :slight_smile:

Surely some other emperina and not your completely blocked off emperina? Trying for browns that you can make, you’ll still need 30+ just to start filling her which is 8-10 turn? That’s supposing you don’t use other troops at all xD

1 Like

Several others when they don’t use the same color as gorgotha. .

1 Like

Very true! Even troops using his own color can get filled. Back to back explosions destroys barrier like it might not even be there. Even IF barrier remains intact a decisive deep borer ability removed it, also likely providing a 4 match, giving me an extra Turn to slam skulls down into Celests naked face.

2 Likes

Likely? It has more chance to set it off for me to get a 4 match then for you. Why? You are collecting all the browns you can, and with few brown left it’s easier to make it be in my favour. Actually if it occurs that browns set up for 4/5 match in 33% it will be in your favour, and 66% in mine.

1 Like

I love imaginary numbers also! Your matches are 80% more likely to fall in such A way as to provide me with skulls and 4 matches.

Every time you fire off celestasia it is 71% more likely to provide my troops with mana.

Muy opponent would have you believe that just making up numbers will win your votes.

My opponent will try to lessen the effect of mana generation that Gorgotha provides, almost as if he has never run him before.

Can you really trust such inexperience?

Vote for experience, vote for truth, vote for me.

Don’t forget daemon beer!

1 Like