The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series - 2nd Round: 3 vs 16

Shimmra, is it okay if the reason I voted for you is because screw Gorgotha, and I need my revenge?

2 Likes

Iā€™ll take it. :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™m sure there are lots of votes like that!

ā€œQuick! Everypony! Vote for Shimmra! Gorgotha does not deserve any more victories!ā€

Come on everyone, get your vote on! We can pretend like I am still playing and you can vote for the other person. As a added bonus you have two other persons to vote for this time!

2 Likes

Now that I have a free moment I can better respond.

Multiple people have talked about my deck being a one trick pony and relying on Rock Worm to deal damage, which in turn causes Archon statue to deal MORE damage.

My plan is thus:

Charge up every troop ASAP. This probably means exploding Gorgotha at least once, however with Terraxis and Drake Rider providing me gems, probably not.

Once Emperina is filled the first time, I give Gorgotha 7 life and attack, and heal him to full.

Itā€™s then a skull matching game for me, and as I await skulls, I take as reds and browns of which @Shimrra makes in plenty for me, and continue to fire off emperina mostly targeting Gorgotha but healing anyone that needs it when they need it.

Gorgotha kills Jarl, and even if he dies right after, my other troops have likely been buffed and deal great skull damage to his team.

Once we get down to Archon statue being the last troop, I start double whamming him with Rock worm and skull damage from my buffed troops.

Once itā€™s over I drink a delicious Ice cold beer to stem off the heat from Jarl, and share some with @Shimrra and his team. Iā€™m thinking a good Hefeweizen.

:laughing:

Kid-watching works up a hefty (and understandable) thirst!

Heh, I just cast my vote and (apparently) restored the tie.

I feel like the main thing missing here is a sense of timing in the playerā€™s presentations. If you do a step by step, Jarl or Drake Rider charge up before Gorgotha. Which gets @Shimrraā€™s chain going first, and may lead to a K.O. for Rock Worm or one of @Machiknightā€™s other troops before he can respond. From that point on, it become difficult to recover.

Oh I dont think it becaomes difficult to recover at all considering my main move is to NOT use rock worm but to use Gorgotha + Skulls and Emperina.

If he uses Drake or Jarl all he does is allow for faster charging for both Gorg AND Emperina via explosions.

Iā€™m starting to think people really comb the forums while at work. Who would do such a thing?!

3 Likes

I think as long as Jarl/Drake Rider target Emperima first then the team will fall fast, with the Dragon out of the was its open Season on Gorgotha, leadership means that Jarl still hits the deamon for at laast 4 points of damage, and Jarlā€™s spell targets for 16, possibly filling up Trexis with Drake Rider picking up the excess, rider will most likely fill once to every 2 to 3 cycles without collecting purple. Iā€™ve put in all my votes considering best 3 out of 5 with 3 PVP games and 2 AI games and Gorgothaā€™s team is most relevant in the AI matches when Jarlā€™s team breaks to combo for 4 points of skull damage that can be easily healed off but in a PVP match Iā€™d give the edge to Jarl, the votes right now (at 3:56pm East Coast time) are divided 50/50 and I think it will come down to wether or not voters take the AI/PVP route

1 Like

I think that in any kind of straight up real pvp these fantasy matches would be drastically different.

Even if he did start using his troops to target mine, I could stray a little from my plan to drown him in brown gems via deep borer and can use worm at least once befor archon gets his buff.

Vote everybody! This is a tight match that I should win! Remember, Hefeweizen for everyone!

And of course if it was an AI match, my Jarl would be the only troop to cast and it wouldnā€™t focus-fire anything. And all your team would do is use Gorgotha.

Good thing its not an AI match.

Itā€™s almost as if you donā€™t LIKE beer or something!

But yea, the AI would play our teams terribly.

I prefer cider. Speaking of which, I need to drink cider now for totally unrelated reasons.

1 Like

Cider is great too, hard root beer is becoming a ridiculously popular thing lately also, done really good ones out there!

I tried beer once. I donā€™t know if its Australian beer or just all beer, but once was more than enough.

Try hard root beer, itā€™s great!

Vote vote vote! A vote for gorgotha is a vote for beer!

2 Likes