Thank you devs for the very generous gift

I wish they could retract the gift from anyone that complains about it or uses it as an opportunity to throw additional dirt in their face.

These are totally independent in my mind. This is not the first time they’ve give a gift as part of an update. It’s not a one-time “make-good” or even an apology. They haven’t even said anything about it.

You can continue to view everything they do in the most negative light possible if you like, but it’s really obnoxious to turn every thread into an opportunity to complain. This is one of those instances where you’d never do it in person b/c it makes you a rude a$$hole.

11 Likes

Well said, I utterly agree with you!:ok_hand:

1 Like

I’m rude? Why, what have I said that makes me both rude and an arsehole. By the way, you really wouldn’t say that to my face. Believe me. Why you’ve chosen to single me out in a thread where I said thank you is bemusing to say the least.

This… 1000x this.
I actually started a conspiracy theory thread about Pipeworks, but they were the original console developers! :wink:

3 Likes

I was replying to you b/c I was echoing what you said and going a step further. Replying to you != attacking you.

Yes I know who pipeworks are, Mr Strange was one of the pipeworks devs I believe, well his name did have ‘lord of pipeworks’ after it!
The only reason I suggested that was because of some of the bizarre decisions recently, they were almost completely out of character for a company that has pretty much kept a huge chunk of the player base playing a match three game for over two years! That despite the console players have been struggling against the notoriously dreadful cascading, looping nightmare that was VJM. At least that’s pretty much sorted now. Phew!

You said it made me a rude arsehole because of something you thought I meant? I am positive about the game, but I’m also negative on certain things, I’m not alone but I’m never intentionally rude, whether it’s the devs or anyone else. I fail to understand why you singled me out, especially after saying it was a nice gesture and thanking them.

1 Like

What is your deal?! You said, “They didn’t have to do this. That’s how I’d be looking at it.” I replied and said basically, “Yeah, I wish they could take away the rewards. It’s rude to throw shit in their face whenever they make a nice gesture.” It’s not an attack on you. I’m agreeing with you and elaborating! I don’t know how else to say this…

3 Likes

I’m sorry but I just don’t understand you. I can’t tell whether I am in the wrong, you agree with me or not, or you think my post ‘they didn’t have to do this’ was me slagging them off, when in fact I was praising them and being appreciative!
Oh, major crossed wires or something here. Sorry.

Forgive me for stepping in here but:
@Nephilim and @Delinquent

I am fairly certain there was merely a miscommunication.

N: Expresses gratitude and the feeling that you should be grateful we are receiving a gift. Don’t complain.

D: Agrees with Neph, hits reply and says “I KNOW! I wish they could take it away from people that complain.”

N: Thinks D was saying take it away from Neph…

That’s how I read all of this. I don’t want to see two active forum contributors fighting over misread post. If I am completely wrong about MY interpretation… please forgive my attempt at a peaceful adjudication. :innocent:

6 Likes

No worries, I posted whilst you were replying. Thanks.
I’m having too much fun watching lost winds becoming ‘lost members’ at the moment.
Its a train wreck.

3 Likes

wish they could retract the gift from anyone that complains about it or uses it as an opportunity to throw additional dirt in their face.

They can take this gift back I’ll never use it because the forge is garbage.

The Forge guarantees you to craft Legendary or Mythic troops. What is garbage with that? Its not done in a week, I know, but it is still a very delicate option.

10 Likes

Yeah in a century or for a few 100 dollers. The forge is a money grab plain and simple.

1 Like

It still guarantee you and others that wanna spend money on it or not free Legendary or Mythic troops. If it takes 2-3 more weeks you still get the options whenever you have enough diamonds, 2-3 Mythics troops a year even that is a lot better than the options that we had before. But feel free to call it a garbage…

5 Likes

Well some people never happy i guess. They give us some loot and you cry please just go away and stop playing if you don’t like it

6 Likes

I have now levelled my forge and I’m impressed with the variety and range of stuff that I can create. However, I’m pretty much end game and have been spending 50 gems every day and occasionally more. Hopefully our gw position will be topping up what I’m spending. And here lies the biggest problem. I’m treading water. My gem stash isn’t growing, and we’re supposed to be hoarding for mythics a couple of weeks apart. The soulforge is really only any good for the players in the uppermost echelons of the game. How any new or lower level players are supposed to get a reasonable return out of the forge is beyond me.
I’m pretty happy because I can craft anything that want eventually, I might be able to have ketras, famine or even xathenos if I want to waste valuable resources on 3 weapons I’ll never use too. I think in three months I’ll have the necessary bits and pieces. Dawnbringer… Hmmmm. What are lower level people going to be thinking when they see what bits that requires! I came across it the other day, I devoured it on my first turn. Kind of a waste, maybe I should have let him fill and cast, but tbh once I read what it did I thought, nope, you’re getting eaten by me and I probably won’t bother with you either!
Anyway I’m rambling, for me it’s great even if I’m spending the gems I earn weekly on soulforge resources, a that’s the problem. Something has to give somewhere. There’s now so much to do a so many resources required. Only the elite can manage it all. They have to get the balance right or things will be very difficult for them, AND us, the players.

3 Likes

By the looks of things, they intend to give us 1k Diamonds over 6 days. If you don’t want 1/4 of a Mythic then I’ll gladly take it.

And that’s not to mention the 100 Jewels of each type, 6 event keys, and a bunch of Shards to boot (which is like an additional bunch of Diamonds).

See, it’s exactly this kind of hyperbole that is awful. It’s 1/4 of a mythic of your choice! Stop being a child.

5 Likes

As I see it, they’ve basically said, “VIP chests are now only for big spenders. Instead, take all your Gems, funnel them into the daily bundle, be content with all the gem keys you get, and then get a mythic every couple of months of your choice.” It’s a trade off between two options:

• Option 1: Get 100ish to multiple hundreds of Gems each week for free that you can put into the VIP Chest for a chance at a Mythic. (Bear in mind the >100 piece of this is only really an option for the top few Guilds.)
  • Option 2: Get dozens of extra Gem Keys each week for free plus get a mythic of your choice every couple of months.

When you look at it that way, it seems pretty fair. I know it sucks for that thin sliver of people that were VIP 5 and getting a lot of free gems, but I think it’s actually a handful of people (that are very active on the forums). And truth be told I think most of those people will actually benefit in the long run since there was never a guarantee and you could spend far more than a months worth of free gems and not get a mythic.

For most of us, I don’t really see how it’s anything but a gain. I was never getting the LTs, so while the loss of 100 gems/week stings a little, I’d much rather be guaranteed a mythic of my choice every couple months. Those 80 Gem Chests I’m losing over 2 months was a drop in the bucket relative to a guaranteed mythic.

3 Likes

That’s a fair assessment, and I am one of the vip victims, well two really seeing as I’m 6 and I also paid for Mrs to be 5.
I’m going to be saving gems for crafting and not doing vip anymore, which as you say ‘rather annoying’ because that’s why I put all that money in. I’ll see what happens over the next few months.

2 Likes