Taskbar bug on Xbox One

Hi, I’m currently having an issue with Gems Of War on the Xbox One where there is no viewable taskbar in the main menu. It use to be on the top left hand corner in the main menu before I re-installed it recently. I can’t enjoy the game as much anymore without it. Can someone please help.

Hi @WarLordNo1, could you provide your invite code for us to take a look into your account? Alternatively, you can open up a support ticket with our support team over here, and they can help you through a private support ticket. :slight_smile:

My invite code is WARLORD Y678. Hope you can help :slight_smile:

I’ve made the change, so if you restart your game your tasks should show up again. :slight_smile: Let me know how it goes!

1 Like

It’s working fine now. Thanks very much for your help!! Well appreciated!
Just one question though. I’ve completed one task out of the four and it says to come back tomorrow for another one, but in the past I use to able to complete an unlimited amount in one day. Was that an update the developers made recently?

@WarLordNo1
There have been a few of updates to the system. But Recurring tasks were removed by the developers about a year ago to prevent a small segment of players from abusing them.

@Alpheon
There was some mention of a meeting about Tasks (skipping them). Please also look at the old HARD CODED tasks as the seem to have a higher frequency than the randomly generated ones. And take significantly longer too.

Since this post is about Tasks and re-reading my message I was too vague and not direct.

1. Remove the hard coded Kingdoms, and have them randomized
  2. Remove the hard coded Races, and have them randomized.
  3. 3 troops in a Task set is the perfect number!

Its been a year and a half of tasks and I’m calling you guys out on your anti-goblin/Zejin tendencies.:wink:

I get a Zulu’Kairi once a week or so along with the same small sub set over and over again. Never ever once Deamon, Mystic, Goblin, Stormhiem, Zenjin,… the exclude list contains almost everything and is far too long to type out. I know initially the developer played it safe and made assumptions that some players would not have 3 Goblin troops by Level 150? So the majority of races and Kingdoms were excluded from the Tasks list. All this applies to the higher tier of tasks, its been too long since I’ve seen the starting ones to comment on those

Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

I had mystic for the first time yesterday, and had my first Naga task this past week as well. I agree about Zhul’Kari - I must get that and Adana at least once a week.

I can see wanting to limit the pool a bit for newer players, but by the time people unlock the daily tasks (after completing the linear tasks), they must be level 100 or more and should have unlocked most or all of the kingdoms. If not, getting a task for a kingdom they haven’t unlocked might provide the “kick in the butt” that they need.

I’m not sure how long you’ve been playing, but my understanding is that there is a set series of tasks that new players can move through at whatever pace they want to. Once those are complete, you unlock ‘daily tasks’ which you can do a maximum of 4 per day. Slot 1 will refresh every day whether you complete them or not and slots 2-4 will refresh the day after you complete them.

Yep. I mentioned 3-4 times elsewhere that if you don’t have 3 Goblins by level 150 your doing something wrong. And you need the goblin task to help you find where the Open Chest Menu is located.

1 Like

This is a bit exaggerated but after seeing my tasks again today I feel the Task tables for Kingdom battles look like this:

Win 8 battles from Khetar
Win 15 battles with Constructs (I included it in the Kingdom list because it comes up so frequently)
Win 12 battles from Zhul’Kari
Win 4 battles from x Kingdom (x chosen at random)
Win 12 battles from Adana

Gems chooses one entry at random from the list above.

1 Like

This is roughly what the table looks like yes. We’ve found that because players do these tasks so often, they must really love them, so we increased the set tasks and reduced the random tasks because there’s enough RNG in the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, yeah there’s a set path for each of the three paths. So we refer to the daily reset task (top entry) as the Daily, which changes based on your level (Low, Mid, or High tier tasks, though honestly they were set up in such a way that it doesn’t take long to reach high). Then the following three tasks we refer to as Task A/B/C. Each of those follow a set path of about 15-20 unique tasks each, before they dip into a pool of almost 40 generic repeatable tasks. Which I imagine most of you are in now. As one of the later updates was the randomized task conditions, a lot of the hard-coded tasks are still in there, so they’ll appear slightly more often than the randomised ones, as they’re all only one entry. That being said, there are a few copies of the random task in there, just with different rewards.

@WarLordNo1: Great to hear! Glad your tasks are fixed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Alpheon. Thanks for replying. Please do look at the hard coded tasks before the next client update! Today was another 15 Constructs (of course). I’m sure tomorrow will be one of the three Kingdoms above.

There desperately needs to be a semblance of an even distribution: assuming 25 Kingdoms each should be about 4% across the board. Not 30% Zulu’Kari, 30% Adana, 30% Khetar, 10% a random Kingdom. Same issue with Races.

I don’t know if it difficulty from a coding perspective to balance the distribution or not, as this lopsidedness has been as issues for over a year going back to Mr. Strange.