Strange Guild Wars bracket movement

@Saltypatra @Nimhain any chance could you confirm that/if buying sentinels (and the stats they bring with) does not negatively influence our chances in guild war bracket advancement in any way?

Sneaky idea, however the guild wars uses a different point system to pvp so we didn’t reuse it.

Levelling up sentinels will definitely help you get into higher brackets.

4 Likes

Do you mean leveling up sentinels will help as in getting more stats will make the battles easier and you will get more points to get into higher brackets or guilds with higher sentinel levels will be promoted over guilds with lower sentinel levels?

3 Likes

everyone knows the stats help, but does it have no negative side effect?

it sounds like levelling up sentinels helps more than just making the battles easier to win.

1 Like

Sounds like it to me too. And my general thought of it: wtf, for real?
Say guild A doesn’t level a single sentinel and gets more points then guild B which maxed all sentinels levels to 5, but guild A has just 10k more points.
How on earth would guild B deserve to move up and guild A not? Guild A fought harder battles with lesser stats, and still managed to get more points, so they shouldn’t be punished for not buying sentinels.
If level levels of sentinels have even 1% influence on who goes up and down, and who doesn’t, just please remove that right away. Just remove that.
Sentinels are making enough of impact by boosting stats.

6 Likes

This really needs some additional explanation. As others have already stated, having a boost to your stats so you win more is quite different from the points calculations being directly affected by the sentinel levels.

So to be very specific: if Player A from Guild X with all sentinels at level 0 beats Player B from Guild Y, will the bracket calculations be:

• the same
  • more favourable
  • or less favourable
    then if Player A from Guild X with all sentinels at level 5 beats Player B from Guild Y?

Put another way, is Guild Wars scoring system blatantly pay-to-win now?

6 Likes

On the X1 there is a lot more completion going on. GoT #1 has been just barely been out of 1st this week by #5 so far. The #3 Guild is beating the #2, and just last week someone from that #2 guild was posting in chat how embarrassed they were with their performance against the #3 guild.

I think we might have a much broader population of hard core players on the X1. As I mentioned before near as I can guess there thousands of ACTIVE players per single X1 poster on this forum.

I think the two guilds that just moved up to Bracket 1 are in 7th and 8th (I’m not 100% though)

4 Likes