Strange Guild Wars bracket movement

So, this week Black Pearl (#8) and Match Masters (#9) were demoted from bracket 1 to bracket 2.
Tigerclaw (#10) disappeared from the first 2 brackets (demoted to bracket 3 perhaps? But I can’t see who’s in bracket 3 so I don’t know. Or maybe they didn’t register for this weeks GW?).
Unrepentant (#11) and Hoguns (#12) were promoted from bracket 2 to bracket 1.

And Blazing Dragons (#20) has disappeared from bracket 2 (demoted to bracket 3 perhaps?)
And we have 2 new entries in bracket 2: Rock$tar and DruidsGlade.

This all makes a reasonable amount of sense! :slight_smile:
I guess we can put away the pitchforks… :wink:

3 Likes

Tigerclaw is in bracket 3 Blazing Dragons is not.

Asha’s World moved from bracket 3 to bracket 1, having dropped from bracket 1 to bracket 3 over the previous 2 weeks

1 Like

Blazing Dragons is in Bracket 4 it seems.

DruidsGlade has been in bracket 2 forever, was in slot 13 in screenshot (7th in total points)

boo, those pitchforks don’t come cheap you know?

1 Like

3 Likes

My mistake… :frowning: corrected below:

• Black Pearl (#8) and Match Masters (#9) were demoted from bracket 1 to bracket 2.
  • Tigerclaw (#10) demoted from bracket 1 to bracket 3
  • Unrepentant (#11) and Hoguns (#12) were promoted from bracket 2 to bracket 1.
  • Blazing Dragons (#20) demoted from bracket 2 to bracket 4
  • Rock$tar (#?) promoted from bracket ? to bracket 2
  • Asha’s world (#?) promoted from bracket 3 to braclet 1

This makes a lot more sense than what we have been seeing the past weeks. Maybe they fixed something in regards to bracket movement?

Rockstar #22. From bracket 3.
Asha’s world #21.

I’m frustrated (as Honor Guard #23) that intrim 2 #25 jumped to bracket 2 and we did not… Unless they scored many more points after I went to bed. Screenshot about 4 hrs before reset…

I’m sure wins/losses must factor into movements.

1 Like

I would think the number of daily battles won would be biggest factor. Then points and battles won are added into equation somehow also.

Black pearl wins 5 out of 6, move to bracket 1, win 2 out of 6, moves down to bracket 2.

At least the movements makes more sense this week.

1 Like

yay, i think this is the first time i’ve seen the majority happy with an aspect of GW for a change …

1 Like

[quote=“captain_video, post:37, topic:23815, full:true”]
I suspect the missing ingredient in the formula is total VIP points of the guild[/quote]
It’s not VIP, which pays their salaries. They’d LOVE for us to “exploit” that.

I suspect that they have a secondary point system that probably uses the same formula as the awful PVP Rank system where it compares your total stats to their total stats.

That would explain why a team could finish 10th two weeks in a row and not drop, or how a team that APPEARS to do well (GW points) could instead be demoted (because they bought too many sentinels or their guild statue bonus was too high or they had too many 5 star kingdoms).

This would also mean that NOT buying sentinels would be a benefit in the hidden points system.

Buying sentinels means using gems which means some players may have to spend real world money. They don’t want LESS of that, they want everybody to buy lots of sentinels.

It’s an explanation that fits everything we’ve heard, including their reluctance to tell us all the factors.

Edit: All things being equal, a programmer is more likely to recycle code rather than write new code. It makes sense that they’d use pre-existing calculations for who had the better win.
(Namely: PvP Rank points)

I’m talking about these points here:

5 Likes

I have no idea what you said. lol
But I think you are a genius.

Asha jumped with those points into bracket 1? O.o
We had 100k more points and remained in bracket 2#. Not saying i would be happy with jumping to bracket 1, but I’d prefer seeing some fair rank distribution.

1 Like

It’s confusing, I admit.
It will (or can) make sense to anyone who knows about the PVP ranking (points) system; if not this will sound like nonsense.

The bottom line is that someone with fewer wins in PVP can have a higher PVP rank.

The reason is the PVP points system. Everything that is being described here sound exactly the same.

They’ve even said that GW “works like PVP.”
(Or something to that effect; not intended to be a direct quote.)

1 Like

If you’re right, then a lot of this is outside of the control of any player or guild. For example, my PS4 guild is ranked #12 and is in bracket 2. This week, in our 6 wars, we’re matched up against #11 and #16-20. In a way, we’ve gotten a favourable set of matchups, and I expect that we’d win 5 out of 6 days if all else is equal, picking up what looks like a high GW score. But even if we got a maximum score every day, it might not move us up to bracket 1 since we’ve had ‘easy’ matchups.

Your joking right?
You can’t seriously think the publisher would ever allow that, if they knew.

1 Like

Yeah england and rdvg got demoted to bracket 2.
Tbh, it’s not a real competition on console ATM. I expect it to be the same guild finishing first every week on ps4. At least until guilds catch up on statue levels and TROOPS/TRAITS.

Quite a few of my guild mates are missing epics and legendary troops like mab E.T.C. in a bracket one guild.
There the players I feel sorry for. There doing there very best with what RNG is giving them and considering what they are going up against…

1 Like