Strange Guild Wars bracket movement

Wouldn’t it be funny if MatchMasters had already figured it out. We are that smart. And we are exploiting the mechanism and cannot go down :slight_smile: and the devs (1) protect us cos we are their best friends since ever, and (2) cannot risk punishing us in case we go public with how the exploit works. Cos that’s all not happening, clearly. Probably :wink:

@esslee watch it they may be onto us…

18 Likes

lol

“totally alienated” is rather hyperbolic. I fall into one of those cross-sections but on the whole I enjoy GW. Maybe I’m not as invested as others.

1 Like

The whole thing is silly. Theres no need for complex calculations first 3 move up. Last 3 move down.
Period. End of story. This means someone at rank 237 could theoretically see a path to the top 10.
I honestly do not get why its being made so difficult.
The rule of 3.
3 in…3 out

2 Likes

The only problem would be the length of time it would take a really strong new guild to move up through 200 brackets if they could only advance one bracket at a time. Your rank 237 guild would have a 5-6 month path to make it to the top 10 (climbing 23 brackets, one by one), even if they were the most-committed and skillful guild out there.

3 Likes

if i made them wrong may i ask the specifics? pm can do :slight_smile:

@Stan
I get your point, but frankly…I think that’s good. You cant be in the top PvP ranking overnight so why should you be able to be in the top Guild Wars overnight.

Not to mention if the point of GW is to beat other guilds…I would think someone starting new would relish and delight in the fact that they can actually say:
I rose to the top and actually beat all you mofos…

Where as it is now…People started the thing based on nothing but their PvP ranking and now are sitting there even though they lose over and over…base on nothing that we can smell or diagnose.

I’m not saying the current system is fine, but if the top 30 PVP players decided to quit their current guilds and form a new superguild, I don’t think it should take them 4 years to reach the top (which is what your system would require). With 2000 guilds in GW, guilds need to be able to move more than 1 bracket at a time. That’s all.

6 Likes

That’s a very fair point…then maybe it should be something like this…
Re-adjust everyone based on total points every week based upon 30.

So if you are in bracket 1 and do worst and your points among the top 30 guilds is 27th. Week 2, you are 27.

The “pool” gets larger as you go down the ladder.
Tier 1: 1 - 30
Tier 2: 31 - 100
Tier 3: 101 - 200
Tier 4: 201 - 350
Tier 5: 351 - 600
Tier 6: 601 - 1000
Tier 7: 1000+

No matter how many brackets are past Tier 7…top points move you up.

This would make it so it would never take the top team more than 7-8 weeks to rise to the top.

I am just saying for how long they had to prepare this…its horribly unorganized. lol

6 Likes

That’s actually pretty brilliant. I’d probably throw in some more brackets (so it takes a decicated guild about half a year to rise from zero to the top) and make the top brackets fairly small (because competition is brutal at that level). Very good suggestions though.

I like your solution indeed. But I would make then the guild wars rounds go for much longer. Like 1 month and fights over 3 days rather than 1 (so you fight 10 guilds in 1 month).

This is unlikely to happen. Buying gems to improve sentinels makes money for Infinity+2. The costs of the sentinels are based off projections of how many people will buy gems, and if GW resets every month people will buy those gems 4.5x less often. The devs need to make money to continue developing the game, so the cost of the sentinels would have to increase 4.5x to compensate.

Of course, no player will spend 1700 gems to earn a maximum of 1500 gems, so the rewards would have to be changed also. Not to mention the fact that the GW-only troops would only be awarded once per month and not once per week.

In short, it would be a huge mess.

I don’t think that anyone will ever purchase gems with goal of using them on sentinels.

1 Like

Actually if the sentinels would last more than 1 week, people would be more keen on buying them. I don’t think that everyone in bracket purchase the sentinels to level 5.

I just checked and only 5 of 29 members of Marthos Guardians (we’re in bracket 1) have levelled all 4 sentinels to 5. Most of our members level their sentinels to level 2 or 3.

And considering we’ve finished 6th or 7th all weeks in GW, we’re actually earning gems in GW so far… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In Strategem (bracket 1 also), 15 of us have maxed it out.

Another thing imo that needs to change is. Your 5 battles should be randomly set.
You should also not be ruined for the day if you get hosed day 1 because of AI cascades or because of GoW screwing you and not loading.

Because many of the issues of lag are the fault of GoW…I think you should progress towards Paragon no matter loss or not.

You should have 5 battles…all worth more as you go. But if you get hosed in battle 1…you can still fight the paragon at the end for max points.

At this point, with all the people who have been screwed on battle 1 for “game not loading, retry later” it needs to be made so you can still feel “redemption”.

This.

If the devs banked on people buying gems to level sentinels, they’re going to go hungry.

1 Like

Here are the results of bracket 1 and 2 fifteen minutes before the weekly changeover… I’m quite interested to see which guild gets demoted from bracket 1 this week.

3 Likes

Let the games begin.

I pre-ordered my Pitchfork and matches.