Strange +1 defense wins

Yep, I’m on PS4, but the exact same can happen.

1 Like

A different person this time…

4 Likes

@Nimhain @Sirrian

It’s the weekend, Eika! Let them have some peace!

1 Like

For what it’s worth, the rogue +1 defense wins aren’t tied to using a single-troop defense team. I just had two pop up, and the other player is using the full complement of four troops (or they changed it in the two minutes between the event and when I checked!).

Last time I encountered this, the player who invaded me repeatedly came into chat one night and said something like “Let’s see how far I can get on just defense this week.” His defense record was 109-0 and he had no invasion wins or losses. Was running a def team with 7500 rating that didn’t even get a spell filled (much less a cast off) when I voluntarily fought it.

Obviously highly suspect; the bragging was bizarre. I forwarded a few screenshots to support but nothing came of it.

5 Likes

I’ve seen multiple cases of this and it is a bit disconcerting that it has not been addressed yet. The people who are using this probably get more resources than we get by playing the right way.
I think that a visual glitch can be ruled out because the number of people that I see doing it is very confined. In my mind it ties directly into the integrity of the game.

8 Likes

Also seen this, not only do they exploit the game, but they also are bragging around. Enough said…

6 Likes

It’s definitely not visual. When I first noticed this (I posted in the older thread referenced above), the players in question were very high on the leaderboards. Top 20 at least. Two of the accounts had suspiciously similar names, and I was able to later confirm via PVP that a third suspicious account had been banned.

With 3 glory for every defence win some people and getting 1000 a week and 1 glory for defence losses again some people are getting 1000 a week it’s too late and I’m too tired to do the math but that’s a lot of glory. They also get a lot of keys as well for doing absolutely nothing.

4 Likes

Hold on, as far as I understood it the weird defense wins work the other way around. You have to set up a single troop defense team plus meet some other condition, then you suddenly end up with lots of defense wins. When in effect, you seem to get one defense win every time the player involved in triggering that other condition invades somebody else (and possibly wins).

Has nothing to do with single troop. When I noticed this I was running a heavy looping full team (was during the purple event several weeks ago). My initial suspicion was that bots had a timer and retreated to cut their losses and move on if battle was taking too long (not so sure that is the case now though).

[quote=“kynetarse, post:58, topic:20076”]
Has nothing to do with single troop. When I noticed this I was running a heavy looping full team (was during the purple event several weeks ago).[/quote]
Are you sure you set up that heavy looping full team as defense team? Just making sure, maybe somebody will have a flash of insight if we can just get enough information collected.

Doesn’t feel quite right. You shouldn’t have been available as target that often, and a bot would have managed to get at least a few lucky fast wins in.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve noticed it with multiple full teams. I have not had a single troop team set up for a long time.

And yeah, I no longer believe the retreat thing to be the case, was just my initial impression.

Thinking about this some more, it’s likely a stuck transaction on the invader side. The invader won, the win message only got transmitted partially, causing it to get credited as a single point win on defender side due to corrupted data. Processing aborts afterwards, without clearing the transaction. The transaction gets picked up again every time the invader completes another fight, with the same processing result, so a very active player will seem to fail a lot. Should be visible in the server logs.

Just gut feeling though, may be miles off the target.

1 Like

Also, regarding casual PVP - I don’t think it’s related to that either, judging by the top 20 positions of players with which I’ve experienced this.

http://community.gemsofwar.com/t/exploit-cheat-video-found/20963

Whoa. Nice find, and ideally this will prompt a fix by the developers. That’s just a ton of resources being gathered.

1 Like

This bug has been well known for a long time now. The only answer that my guildmates have received from the support was that they were investigating. And no dev has said anything on this thread.

Obviously today’s thread proving one more time, if it was necessary, the exploit has been deleted. That is not an answer.
It would be nice if a dev could officially say if it is legit or not. And if not when it is going to be fixed.

9 Likes