Strange +1 defense wins

Hey everyone,

I’m not quite back in the office yet (still a few days vacation left), but I just wanted to jump in and give you a quick update… well as much of an update as I’m able to give.

I’m still not 100% up to speed on what the issue is here - as I haven’t had an opportunity to meet with the team about it, but I’ve been following along on our in-house chat channels. I’ll be looking into it in more depth when I’m back next week to try and understand exactly what was happening. For now I’m going to assume that the +1 defense wins are related to the video collecting all the rewards, as that seems to be the consensus.

I actually deleted that previous thread with a video, as I was concerned there may have been information in there which someone could use to reproduce an exploit. Sorry if that seemed an overreaction… perhaps it even was… but given the timing, and my limited access to the internet, I felt that it was the safest thing to do.

We had most of our team chasing this issue all day yesterday to try and understand it. Some code was deployed to the server yesterday to track it happening, and then some more code was deployed to the server at the end of the day, which will hopefully fix the problem.

Was it an exploit? A bug? Or just an unintended side-effect? I’m not certain yet, and I’ll need to understand more next week before I can figure that out. From what I understand though, it may have been a result of the way we handle Revenge/Rival lists.

Fingers crossed that we have a fix, and my apologies that we misunderstood the issue when it was first reported - we’d been hunting for it in the wrong place.

26 Likes