St.Patrick's Day Gem Sale!

It’s funny, even with this “sale” the currency is still overpriced.

5 Likes

I understand what you mean, at first i was happy cause i was thinking the price will be cut 40% so the bigger pack would be around 60$ and not 100$ for 2250 but it’s 40% bonus gems so that mean it is 100$ for 3150 gems so i agree with you this is still ridiculously overpriced

1 Like

I’m… not enjoying the leprechaun skulls and shamrock gems… maybe just need to get used to it… but the greenish skulls are harder to differentiate from green gems… and the green gems seem lighter and are harder to differentiate from yellow gems…

5 Likes

mine are still sirrians :grin:

5 Likes

Just for reference, here are all the gems you mentioned side-by-side, and the shamrock ones directly next to the old greens as well. (Note the lighter ones on the bottom are used during hints I believe)

2 Likes

To my poor, colour-blind eyes, the skulls now look very similar to brown gems, and the greens look more like the yellow ones. Maybe I’ll just take a couple of days rest, to be sure, to be sure.

1 Like

Since I had nothing better to do right now, I did a quick histogram check of the two green gems and the yellow gem in Gimp. Then you can read out average color value for the whole picture, as well as for each of the three colors red, green and blue.

I did my best to select only the main gems in the picture (the dark version), deselecting the outer round frame that had a black/blackish color.

I show the average numbers for the three gems; first all colors, then red, green and blue. 255 means the color is white, 0 means black.

COLOR        	-    ALL	RED	GREEN	BLUE
Normal Green	-    159	 71	  159	  36
St. Patrick   	-    175	 88	  175	  43
Yellow       	-    220	220	  175	  64

From the ALL column, we see that St. Patrick is closer to the yellow overall. We see the same effect in all 3 color bands, being 10%-20% higher (brighter) in the St. Patrick version compared to the normal version.

Even though there shouldn’t normally be any difficulties seeing a clear difference when only 2 gems are lined up beside each other, it is a different question when there are many of them, and the brain tries to get a quick overview of different patterns. As more difference there is in the colors, as easier and faster will the brain interpret the patterns.

The quick image analysis shows that the difference between St. Patrick Green and Yellow is smaller than the difference between Normal Green and Yellow.

Hence it supports the claim that the St. Patrick Green gems are harder than Normal Green Gems to differentiate from the yellow gems.

16 Likes

I wish I could like this multiple times. Can you calculate the HSV values in addition to RGB?

Umm my gems didnt change… Am i missing something?

1 Like

Steam only, unfortunately. Every other platform required a client update.

1 Like

Well then!!! Moving on lol

are those skulls and green gems for real or did you edit it?

if its edited … @Sirrian you guys should totally make these gems temporarely change (for like a week) for all the ppl do do purchase during this featured event, imagine how many ppl would make the purchase just so that they could see how the changed skulls look like to play with!! :grin:

i cant really check in game as still being at work

Steam has the changed gems…

1 Like

Bah, I had separated and prepared the gems in different gimp-windows, and now I have closed them all without saving :confused:
(Also, I’m not really an image analysis expert, only know a bit of the most basic, so HSV I’ve no experience with.)

Also, I’ve got better things to do too now. Did my boss read my last post? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Will this apply to consoles too?

Me too! :sob: How long this will last?

I appreciate folks might be colour blind but please don’t think I’m being rude but they’re the only gems with hats on them. Surely that’s easy enough to see?
Regards
Daniel

1 Like

the gems with hats are skulls.
the gems that are harder to differentiate from yellow are not the skulls but the green gems (with a clover on).

1 Like

The skulls confuse me a fair bit, I’ll say…

Also just noticed the loading messages are themed too.

1 Like

Thanks for helping me understand the issue.

1 Like