SPOILERS! New troops, as showcased by Nimhain

Let us be clear about the lycan/villager.

They are using this mechanic to its fullest as a troop(s) in gems of war. Someone is either a very huge fan or they were not around when this mechanic first dropped. Also 4x villager might be the best defence at the moment. Definitely worth getting for sure.

This is a really cool new mechanic. Love it!

1 Like

now we can get rid of all the spoiler tags, yay!

2 Likes

And remember, whenever werewolf/villager will transform, it will actually disappear (not sure if it’s considered as if he died thoughà and be replaced by a brand new summoned troop, fully healed !

Which could be fun with Sacrifice 3rd trait of giving 2 atk/magic when an ally dies.

1 Like

Yup, I know, that’s why I want to know if a troop transforming is considered as dead ^^
But I’m too lazy to test right now…

I hope it does. That adds a cool new layer of strategy and makes traits like Avenger way more useful.

I just tested Werewolf/ Villager with Sacrifice. No transforming doesn’t count as a ally death as the troop isn’t been killed with transform.

4 Likes

Thanks for trying for us !

Good to know

Assuming that @Lyaa’s Werewolf flavour text is correct, I’m a little disappointed that they would go back to that well. Ranger already makes that same reference, and while Twilight was a pretty big thing for a while, there are a LOT of other potential sources to draw from.

Level 20 Epic!?

1 Like

I didn’t even notice that. It’s probably a thing that she coded in just for that one specific instance because it was on a defense team and hadn’t been released yet. Needed the stats of a Mythic to survive, but wanted to show off its rarity, probably.

1 Like