[SPOILERS] NEW Kingdom (~01.20.2017)

Royal Demand is…odd. Use it on an ally who’s just about to die (if you’re able to time it so that you’re not just killing an ally who could still be useful), hope that the gem creation doesn’t hand an extra turn to the AI, and hope that you get something useful? I’m sure there’s some concept or purpose to it, but I just don’t see it.

Why does Krystenax have 21 Magic if their ability doesn’t scale with magic?

Probably the summoned troop’s level scales with magic? Although then only 20 makes sense…

Ah right, forgot summons scale to Magic. But yeah, even then, 21 + bonuses is weird.

For the 7 troops on release we’ll need the following Arcanes:

1 Purple/Purple (Death)
3 Yellow/Purple (Plains)
3 Green/Purple (Venom)
2 Green/Yellow (Light)
12 Blue/Yellow (Blade)
18 Blue/Green (Swamp)

Worth noting that none of those are on the glory purchase schedule until after Feb 20 at earliest.

4 Likes

Thank you again @SirCookie for more specific info about new troops! :slight_smile: (I’ll add this to OP)

1 Like

Do we know what Enchant does yet?

3 Likes

Looks AWESOME !! I can’t wait till it comes out

Technically Enchant is the second buff, with Barrier being the first.

5 Likes

Is that an Epic with a unique third trait?

My guess is that it won’t remain unique for long, just a new entry into the Armoured/Stoneskin roster.

1 Like

Hard to believe Bone Dragon is getting an almost Perfect Buddy.

Who do you think can be “an almost Perfect Buddy” for Bone Dragon?

I got Bone’s perfect buddy right here:

8 Likes

I suspect he means Elven Bard (no overlap with BD, can enchant and give BD the 50% increase on existing BD mana).

That’s child’s play! Try this.

2 Likes

What are people’s thoughts on Enchant? It feels like it will cause much faster game play, and bring troops that have higher mana costs more into the forefront of the game.

That sounds pretty good to me, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see how it turns out.

I think it’s actually a pretty smart trait. I say well done by the devs.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. She could also be interesting with Crimson Bat because his skill improved thanks to the +2 Magic compared to BD.
Else, Mythic troops with higher mana costs :slight_smile: . I think about Gard’s Avatar…

@Nimhain, will some existing troops will be reworked to add Enchant in their spell?

If matches were longer, I think it would have a lot of value. But with short matches or loop builds, it doesn’t do a whole lot.

Play some matches and count have many turns you take, but don’t count any from match 4 or whatnot. When I tested, my Kraken build was around 7 frequently. So if I somehow cast enchant turn 1, and don’t cast the enchanted troop until my winning turn, I’d get 6 total mana from it.

4 Likes