[SPOILERS] NEW Kingdom (~01.20.2017)

It’s in the loading screen when the game first starts up.

8 Likes

I restart the game again & again :sweat_smile:
nice, I almost feel at Rivendell

1 Like

wish i could speak french xD

tbh when i saw then i thought “finally some elves to play!”, and i like all 3 of them
maybe its just girlish thing but im a little tired of all the ugly and creepy graphics and some cute/beautiful elves give me more fun, with 3 there is more chance i at least will use one in a team, if not more? and with the amount of creepy/ugly in the game just 3 more cuties are not too much

i do understand they are too similiar to each other for your taste but that never crossed my mind when i saw them,
i mean sure there are 2 kinda generic elves but with different occupation and it wouldbe a shame to just make one and skip the other occupation… so its lovely and 3rd looks more like a different character spoiled diplomatic girl :3

generally i think elves all look the same just coz of perception limitations (all humans look the same to dwarves, all blak ppl look the same to whites, all whites look the same to black ppl, all monkeys look the same to humans, etc, its a generalisation and ofc ppl can see the differences but it becomes harder as you are used to look for the dofferences specific to your race not sppecific to other races)

2 Likes

But then the stealthy trait must needs be revisited. Any current buffs to armour, attack, etc. to allies never apply to the stealthy ones unless the buffs are applied at the start, to a random ally (although I think stealth fighters avoid that too) or to all. So this enchantment must be cast to include all or my ninja fighters will be left out in the cold (thinking of you rogues and Spirit Fox). :cry:

Yes but it’s Gems of War. Not Gems of Barbie :stuck_out_tongue: .
The one with the flute should has some issue to fight. Or… maybe not ;-).
You can have cute elves in armor too.

It’s also how you consider what is an elf, orc, dwarf depending of your source. It seems that most of the casual fantasy here is coming from Tolkien’s books (female dwarf with beard apparenlty coming from that) but there are other very interesting “world” like the ones of D&D/Warhammer/Warcraft. Personnaly, I prefer high elves in Warhammer because there is a real gap between forest elves and high elves, better than in Tolkien’s books ;-).

Why would she even need to fight? She’s a bard, a support troop. Her spell reflects that too.

As for the other two, I don’t see them as fragile at all. Sure they are good looking, but that doesn’t automatically translate to fragile. The only thing I could think you meant is the lack of armor, but in my book that shows strength, not fragility. They are magic users, so they don’t need armor to protect themselves.

It was a joke about what you can do with a flute aside music ;-). Sorry about this horrible joke.

Not agree, strength is what you need to wear an heavy armor if its weight is high. But you know the issue with fantasy is whatever can exist. Even a very resistant material that has little weight (mythril for example) ;-).

For me, magicians are fragile. Of course, it depends of which source (video game, books) your magic users are coming from :slight_smile: .

Even in Lords of the Rings, you can see high elves with armor (first movie, first scene). And they are thin and willowy but not fragile. And Silvermaiden doesn’t look fragile too. I just said 3 troops from 8 (37.5%) belongs to a same type of elves and I will prefer more diversity to have a whole panel of what kind of troops this kingdom has.

i gave up the idea of every unit being able to fight when i saw innkeeper added. apparently other profesions (as musician, enchanter) are fine too, not necesarely fit for direct combat

This thread is really getting a bit silly… so many fantasy stereotypes… even Elves can let themselves go, you know…

Can you stop your obsession with Bone Dragon? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Him being totally correct mitigates any obsessiveness, IMO.

Also soooo off topic.

2 Likes

what the Royal Demand of Princess Elspeth do?
please be it something cool

It’s not like the male elv is getting much more armor compared to his female friends.

personally I don’t much value too much realism in a game such as GOW.

if I wanted realism, I would just go outside and walk around in a park. (ipad in hand)

if I wanted realism in a game, I would play Fifa 2099 or Pro Evolution 3000 or whatever version they have these days.

2 Likes

What is realism when we’re talking about elves?

Just to say, no I don’t think GoW is in danger of being “too realistic” anytime soon.

This whole world was created through many people’s imaginations over time.

Dragons are not real Dean.

You can’t compare one elf to another elf you saw somewhere else or one dragon to another dragon, because this shit is all made up.

4 Likes

yes but dont blame people for sticking in to some standards of a given image.
for example if this game turned out of a sudden into steampunk or spaceship battlefield a lot of people would object that it should be back to ‘fantasy’ type, right? while all of the types are still made up to begin with so the game developers are free to make anything of it. So… many people here prefer a certain fantasy type of elves, and they arent entirely wrong to prefer them :stuck_out_tongue:

in the end it all goes to the subject of:
is it ok to criticize game development? - i think given the place where we are, in the forum, yes it is ok. this is a place free for sharing ideas so we can freely criticize as well as appreciate and glorify all the game aspects

1 Like

While I understand your point, it’s like right now people in America got up in arms about someone dressing up as Santa Claus that was black. I am fairly certain not one person here has met the real Santa Claus, thus have no idea what a real one should look like. It’s just people pushing their beliefs. Or like how Jesus should look. I bet you those paintings wouldn’t even look like the real Jesus. Whoever that person is.

So yeah everyone is free to talk about it, but in the end it all doesn’t matter. None of this matters. This is literally fantasy.

Let their creativity lead the way. Make male troops with nipples for eyeballs. Push it to the limit. Create some stuff.

But to your point, I suppose there are bounds. If the Easter bunny turned out to be anything other than a bunny, i’d be ready to fight. Aside from that though, creative freedom know?

2 Likes

Oh sweet lord xD

2 Likes

I was thinking of you when I said that.

3 Likes

I always knew you liked me for my nipples :slight_smile:

3 Likes