[SPOILERS] NEW Kingdom (~01.20.2017)

Unwarranted because Donboba’s statement is false, or because his statement is true? If you believe his statement is unwarranted because it’s false, I’d love to see you make that case. If you believe it’s unwarranted because his statement is true, then you’re arguing that true statements are unwarranted, and I hope you can understand why that position would be problematic.

His statement is unwarranted because he’s having a crack at someone and attempting to belittle their point of view.

I hope you understand why that position is problematic…

4 Likes

Having a Crack at someone? Attempting to belittle their point of view?
I’m saying that any post I see from that forum member is about female troops being to sexual. It’s rather annoying really. 2 out of his/hers last posts are about that. On event update topic from devs:
“Events are nice. But why did we had to get almost naked female troop on loading screen?”
Out of the whole update he/she is still focusing on female troops art? Like wtf is that? Loading troop actually looks great and is more clothed up then most female characters in games.
It’s totaly ok for people to comment on troops art. But the constant complain is rather stupid. Complaining about fictional characters having to big breasts or showing to much skin? For about 80% of female troops. I haven’t seen any male members complaining how male troops have to much muscles. And should we complain that elves have to pointy ears next? Should we complain that kraken has 1 tentacle to many?
So yeah I’m sick of freaking constant craying about an issue that doesn’t exist.
But you know what’s different with my “unwarranted” comment? That I made it just this one time to point out that that person is complaint every single time. I haven’t seen you telling that that members constant complains are unwarranted like, but the single I have is?

5 Likes

And another difference is that I won’t complain no more about it. Just wanted to point out my opinion about his/her opinion.
But if I can’t express my opinion on someone else’s opinion then I am sorry.

When the enchanted troop casts it’s spell.

7 Likes

Nice ;-).

Will we have a Legendary trait “Enchant a random ally on 4 or 5 Gem matches.”? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That would be awesome!

Lots of potential with that mechanic

Troop gains 1 magic per turn until it casts. The longer you wait the more powerful it gets, but if you aren’t casting you’re not using it.

Troop gains 5 magic until it casts. Not building over time, just makes next cast bigger. Could do similar with attack until dealing skull damage.

Troop heals 5 life each turn until it casts. Call the spell cocoon, ideal for casting on Maw after it devours

1 Like

The artists have a point of view represented in their work. Your argument suggests that criticism of the artists is unwarranted as well. To assert otherwise would reveal a contradiction in your argument. But to remain consistent, you’re stuck trying to make the case that no one should be criticized. But you’ve already criticized DonBoba’s position. That’s a self detonating argument.

2 Likes

There is a difference between criticism and abuse.

If you read my post again I didn’t suggest he was engaging in the former.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Abuse? That’s a very serious accusation. Abuse is a criminal offense. Thankfully the definition of abuse isn’t any criticism that might hurt someone’s feelings. Otherwise we’d all be behind bars.

When one critiques, one exposes him or herself to criticism. It’s the necessary dynamic that enables societal evolution. But it’s not an arena meant for the faint of heart. To attempt to silence dissent of opinion, is to attack progress itself.

My apologies for the derail, but the recurring art debate compelled me to issue a reminder as to exactly why speech must be protected.

I take a look to the troops and:

• a dragon on a sword (???): lost troop fron Dragon’s Peak?
  • a Swordman: yeah!
  • fragile girl with a flute…
  • pink Licorn…
  • fragile girl with a book…
  • nice girl with a spear on a licorn :slight_smile:
  • fragile girl with a staff… Look too much to the “fragile girl with a book”
  • a Dragon… I really hope that you don’t find any new ideas for a new dragon.
    Is it a Playboy mansion or Barbie kingdom? :stuck_out_tongue:
    I don’t comment about the oversexualisation (there was already a topic about that, please refrain to go back to this topic). But more about the lack of “powerful-looking” troops: it’s not because there are elves that they should all look fragile.
    And please stop with the Dragons: they should be rare… LIke Wargare or Mermaid ;-).

its fine if one kingdom gets more girls then guys… i think? xD
whats a licorn? (i thought those are just unicorns?)
and u get one normal elf swordsman too, to begin with, perhaps later they add a legedary which is male…

but i do agree on too many dragons.

Nooo not enough dragons
Not nearly enough!
:stuck_out_tongue:
I need more troop variety with my favorite dragon soul! Keep the dragons coming! Haha

It’s not the issue with too much girls, it’s just that 3 of them are almost the same and look like a pure stereotype of the fragile female elf… Silvermaiden is nice: armor, unicorn, spear. But the 3 other ones… Too much wind and they will fly away :stuck_out_tongue: .

What you don’t speak french? :stuck_out_tongue:

This is, bar none, the stupidest complaint I’ve ever heard. The elves are too thin and willowy? Damn it all, why aren’t the dwarves taller? What’s up with every orc having colored skin? Why do all the knights wear armour?

9 Likes

I can’t wait to see the swordsman. I’ve always had a soft spot for the dexterity-based fighter vs. the brute strength archetype.

1 Like

Not a complain, just my point of view ;-). It’s a forum and we are here to discuss about this game.
But you somewhat read what you want to read from my post: when did I write that? I talked about “a pure stereotype of the fragile female elf” and you modify it to “thin and willowy” elf.
With this kingdom, I was hoping to have a similar kind of high elves than the ones of Warhammer. That’s all ;-).

For my part, I am impatient to see the background of this kingdom :slight_smile: