(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Yeah his spell is pretty much a Warg with an extra helping of Souls and a side of gem transform…dunno about this one.

Concur about Insulated + Impervious. And that Mythic looks absolutely boring if that’s what the final cut is.

Although it might be possible to get a double shot off since it transforms Yellow into more Purple and recharges itself. Hmm.

Insulated + impervious makes no sense whatsoever.

2 Likes

There would need to be an awful lot of yellow and purple on the board for that :grin:

Prodding @sirrian @nimhain on this one… we know these are draft, they’re probably just testing if we’re paying attention… more than one troll got into the pipeline…

Looks like the ultimate troop for building a soul farming team. Valk will work perfect with it…

Lightning round points on the new Mythic:

[spoiler]

• Pharus (Bueller?) has some pretty weak stats, unimpressive regular traits, and a strangely notable mythic trait.

• Completely useless until fully traited, which seems to be the new par for the course.

• Since Valk’s nerf, he’s the only troop capable of generating souls and boosting the percent in the same card. (Well, maaaybe KoS, if you include summons).

• Valk will work well with him, having no color overlap, generating souls, and both being Divines.

• Once traited, a Valk or DS can net around 37 souls per cast while filling him.

• After 2 Valk/DS casts, he’s a decent nuke, but before then, you aren’t killing anyone with 50 damage for 24 mana.

• 1 Valk and 3 Pharus could leave you with an in-battle max of 220 souls, over double the current maximum. Each Valk cast would grant around 75 souls, and each Pharus cast would give 110. This will one-hit most things after the first Pharus cast, but would still be pretty annoying to fill, and Pharus is not very durable.

• That in-battle max of 220 could be turned into 550 with armor/guild bonuses, and even higher with difficulty or VIP bonuses. Pharus may see a niche use being parked in soul farm explore teams.[/spoiler]

11 Likes

Anybody know the event for tomorrow ???

I think they were referring to the Event Points and troop buffs for the week? Which we don’t know at this time I don’t believe.

Yayy for mediocre Mythics. How else would we be able to keep using resources to try to get the MYTHIC Mythics without the lesser ones diluting the range pool.

5 Likes

Mythic also deals magic +1 which is 9 more damage :stuck_out_tongue:
He is an awesome addition for soul farming in explores. Probably won’t see much play beyond that, but the soul a team with him could provide is substantial.

1 Like

Those aren’t snoopable ahead of time. I can pick them up automagically when they do arrive, but they’re not sent before the weekly reset.

3 Likes

Weekly events are now at: http://ashtender.com/gems/#events

5 Likes

Actually I like the new Mythic, at least for Soul / Explore farming. Though to be honest, it’s all about that third trait. Dropping him in my soul farming team would free up a couple slots which are currently taken up by Necromancy space-fillers, and give me a lot more options and flexibility.

That said, I like where the devs are taking us with the spells / traits that are based on the number of souls / gold / maps collected, and this guy can very easily become a key piece in some team builds we haven’t seen yet. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Not that I’m going to get him, considering every Mythic except Plague has avoided me so far, but hey, a guy can dream. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was saving gems for this mythic for 6 weeks? I feel so dissapointed i don’t even want this new mythic - lol

If you honestly believe that, then skip this mythic. I am in agreement that it is disappointing as spoiled, but my inner completionist won’t let me just skip.

3 Likes

I agree with this, a very great Mythic for the majority of the game, start-midgame players, or even endgame players that is in need for souls. How I wish a such troop was obtainable when I started out this game. :innocent:

1 Like

Mythic is mythic. No matter how lame they’re, you’ll be happy when you get them. Period.

4 Likes

Gards, Wulfgarok and now this new one based around souls. All those is extremely good if you ask me.