(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Wouldn’t it be absolutely awesome to get a brand new kingdom on the Monday, with an event, and with a brand new mythic in the event pool too?
Why can’t this happen guys?

… Because making kingdoms is a huge amount of work?

Or do you mean more generally, as in, why can’t we release all the things at the same time in future?

2 Likes

No just as a one off maybe?
Say, I dunno, merlantis for example. Work on the kingdom and have a mythic ready to come out with the kingdom. Even if it means delaying it a few months it wouldn’t be a problem because there’s a shed load of new content anyway. You guys are awesome at that. I just think it’d be a really good idea. I was going to tag you salty but you popped in anyway, thank you for reading my comment.

Spacing out Mythic and kingdom releases so they don’t drop alongside the weekly rollover is a great way to keep giving small rewards (things to look forward to) vs. dropping everything at once with comparatively long lulls in between releases.

15 Likes

I think the main reasons is to push players to use their ressources at several times.
One or few times the Mythic was out the Friday of week 1 and a new kingdom on Thursday of week 2, so it was possible to try to drop both the Mythic and the new troops at the same day. No it’s not possible anymore.

1 Like

me for example i didnt use glory nor gems keys during Uskaya release. I waited till last friday mythic to a chance for more rares and ultra rares for that kingdom.

1 Like

Yeah, I would imagine it’s to space out the new stuff so we have a steady trickle of shiny things to keep our attention. If (for example) they dropped a month’s worth of new things at once - like a new kingdom and a Mythic, say - we’d have a long boring slog until the next big release.

This isn’t meant as a criticism, by the way - I like the frequent small releases. Keeps me interested and playing.

1 Like

I’m going to randomly assume this is next week’s troop.

This spoiler image is fan-assembled from game files, and is UNOFFICIAL

REMINDER: All future troop details are subject to change at any time. (Retrieved 2017-08-07)

Forest Troll
Epic / Forest of Thorns / Elemental Giant
Spell: Smother (11 Blue/Brown) - Double the number of Green on the Board. Then create 4 Green Gems. [1:1]
Traits: Tangle / Troll Regeneration / Barkskin
Requires: Minor Earth, Arcane Shield Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 17; Life - 31; Armor - 12; Magic - 0 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: Run Forest Run!
Will arrive in 7 days (2017-08-14).

13 Likes

Nice! Bogstrider may sue for copying 2 of his 3 traits, but having used them with bogstrider, tangle and barkskin is a heck of a combo.

1 Like

Nice first trait, 3rd trait useful but wish it was stoneskin.

2 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile: I’m all for more trolls!

2 Likes

Shhh! You’ll draw them to these forums!

1 Like

We are already here.

Love the troll, love that this guy and sea troll can work together like rock and dark do.

And it makes resource management trickier as I’ll want to mythic this guy.

3 Likes

Any word on a mythic goblin? That will be the day.

3 Likes

Mythic goblins? I’ve got about 750 of 'em. Not even worth my time to disenchant.

2 Likes

No my friend, a base mythic goblin.

If every kingdom does eventually get a mythic.

2 Likes

Base mythic goblin’s third trait could be something along the lines of “25% chance to get an extra turn with every turn, +5% for each goblin ally.” :wink:

100% chance to annoy opponents…

5 Likes

Everyone know what you meant.

1 Like

third trait should be all goblis starts with empowered. :wink: haha

1 Like

In seriousness, I think a third trait along the lines of: “All Goblins gain +1 Attack and +2 Life every time you get an Extra Turn” would be a decent trait. (Then again, most Goblins do damage with Magic instead of Attack.)

EDIT: Woah, I’m not too far off the mark. There’s a Legendary Goblin in the pipeline with a really similar third trait…

10 Likes