(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Looks like khaziel is next for the rework

Woot very happy to see some more dwarves.

Am I mistaken in thinking that fortitude is a new trait?

Also holy hell dwarven gate looks like a decent common. i am very much in favor of more “give mana” effects since gem spawners are still right screwed.

highforge looks nice, 4 dwarf team equates to 24 damage on top of his magic, so with 0 magic and everyone alive he would do 27 to the last two. not terrible. Not sure how a dwarf team could use that stun, but that’s nice as well.

Edit: derped

1 Like

You’re not. :wink:

12? I understand it’s 24! So 27 + magic if you have 4 dwarves. With +10 from kingdoms and purple statue bonus, you’re probably looking at almost 50 dmg to the last 2 troops.

I’m sure @kanevan feels the same.

2 Likes

My script conveniently detects which traits are new. If you see the text version includes the full description of the trait (rather than just the name), it means that trait does not exist in any currently-available troop.

4 Likes

After War Sphinx and Lamia, Fortress Gate will be the next one to join the a-new-troop-took-my-job…
For 1 mana point, Dwarven Gate will do so much more :roll_eyes:

I’m looking forward for next week to see how many dwarfs will be boosted with Fortitude :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Fixed my math, I tend to mix up numbers alot.

This is pretty much exactly the same argument that cropped up around Arthema and Dark Monolith, maybe even Kraug WAY back. Troops that hit two troops are well balanced around each other, but overall they suck compared to current teams. The only real standout of the dual targeters is Khorvash because of his incredibly powerful dual full drain.

Also speaking of Kraug, with the recent legendary summoners, would it be crazy for him to lose the 13 gem req from his summon?

4 Likes

I hope you they drop it to 10 or 11 if they’re keeping it. Also increase his devour on skulls to 15 %

There’s also enemy Kraken, because of Devour (ally Kraken has Devour only officialy, it never actually triggers :stuck_out_tongue: ), although the actual damage is meh.

1 Like

Aw crap, how did i forget kraken! :scream:

1 Like

These troops look cool. :grin::+1:t2:

My current stash of 232 event keys better be enough!

Though not sure the last trait is that good, most dwarves have pretty low mana costs as it is. Maybe the rework will change this. :thinking:

1 Like

My defense team is going to be 3 Dwarven Gates and Famine. Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

2 Likes

Nice Lord of the Rings reference here.

Also, hopping to see fortitude send to Stonehammer

3 Likes

Fortitude is a step in the right direction. I’d love to see it find it’s way to Stonehammer, Goblin King, Snothelm, and a few others for whom Sturdy or Immune leaves the player wanting. I’d also love to see a counterpart- maybe Perseverance, or Arcane Cloak- that blocks Silent, Burn, Freeze, Manaburn, Entangle, and Web. It could bring a lot of Alert troops back into the game, traits-wise.

What’s that? Hunter’s Mark? Nope, I’m afraid I’ve never heard of such a thing.

4 Likes

If enough statuses get a good rework (coughPoison&Burncough), I’m totally down for multi-immunity traits.

Also, this will once again put Khaziel on top as the kingdom with the most troops at 15.

4 Likes

Bah… look cool… more power creep… numbers need tuning a little…

Assume Fortress Gate is due a buff as this one is hands down better and yet still a common?

And that legendary spell is undercosted for that much damage and a summon…

4 Likes

Yup it looks way cooler and mythic than Stone mana blocker hammer, and his traits are better

2 Likes

Even if dwarves are mostly underwhelming, he’s a good red and brown non-conditional summoner with death mark and Devour resistance. Worth several hundred event keys as a 2 day staple on guild wars teams.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the 50% starting Mana for all dwarves! I really think rolling those out across all types is a bad idea. I think FG is one of the worst things to happen to the game.

2 Likes

Agree on FG. Whole teams starting with half mana is stupid OP. I can see maybe up to 33%. But cmon beast teams start with 30-ish mana already collected, most traits pale in comparison to giving your team 30 mana, even though it is beast dependant.

When they come out with the mystic version (aka fast famine) there will be so much rage.

Onto the new guys, I like fortitude, and I sincerely hope Suckhammer will get this trait.

2 Likes

Beasts have a lot of gamechanging uses for starting with 50% mana, principally Kerberos and Giant Spider. It’s not demonized as OP on Orcs, Giants, Mechs, or Dwarves, because they generally don’t have swing-the-match-in-your-favor spells. Before Abynissia was released, she was primed to have the 50% starting mana for Daemons instead of her current 3rd trait. In the alternate world where that happened, I’m sure Famine is having a goddamned field day.

My problem with the +50%/race traits is that they limit creativity- there’s usually only 5 or so good troops that could benefit from them. But since they’re basically a free Fast (in itself a good trait), they’re still worth using.

2 Likes