(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

valk/justice/mab

@Fourdottwoone would you feel better if they simply changed the type of link. Say a water link.

Enraged doesn’t affect Charmed at all.

4 Likes

Might be a nice counter to enraged if charm triggered the effect.

Food for though.

1 Like

Considering the AI, are we even certain the Wisp will activate the spell immediately? I’ve gone against a firing squad of empowered Astral Spirits before and they only ever seemed to cast every other turn. Wisp could quite possibly work the same way.

Full Mana on an AI Troop =/= always Immediate Cast. Just saying.

5 Likes

Tested things out with a Valk and 3 War Sphinx(to simulate how it might feel against multiple Wisps) and the AI fired the War Sphinxes at first opportunity every time, it seems War Sphinxes spell has a higher priority due to the inherent extra turn, Goblins behave the same.
Other observations; the jumble casts did not result in 4-matches all too often, but with consecutive casts often enough to extend the loop by a cast or more now and then.
At 4x speed it didn’t feel annoying, however with a charm in the mix these loops could potentially be quite destructive. The loop would break ‘naturally’ (no WS filled, no 4-match) on a regular basis, and quite often by the AI’s skull OCD.

4 Likes

It seems that the “Charm a random enemy” should be removed… Even without that, this troop is a little bit more powerful than War Sphinx. Or else, add a “OR charm a random ally”.

There should be a golden rule: Empowered troops should not be able to do damage… or only small one like Dust Devil.

I agree; the new troop looks too powerful. One of it’s abilities should be removed, or it should cost a lot more mana.

Astral Spirit
Faunessa
Gob-Chomper
Keghammer
Lamia
Siren
Spirit Fox
& Tau

Including Dust Devil, that’s 9 of 14 empowered troops that deal damage. One of which uses Charm as well, so…

3 Likes

Shhhh.

Now people will be all over my super powerful 4x Tau team.

:wink:

5 Likes

I’m not sure we need to rush to see this Wisp thing massively nerfed before it comes out. Yes it looks annoying, and isn’t benchmarked against the existing pool of troops. Buffing the older stuff would help, but that’s not likely to happen any time fast.

It has a spell that does a bit too much for the cost, and has three useful traits. Let’s be honest, this may see a little use in invade teams, but has the potential to be very annoying on defence teams - therefore it fails my basic rule request on new additions: we want stuff which is fun to use, not stuff which is no fun to be against. More variety and cool options in team comps, yes; more no-brain grief options for the AI, no thanks.

My suggestion here would be a mild change: increase mana cost to 10, and change its traits:

• Stealthy - adds to its annoyance factor as you can’t counter it with a Fox or other drain of your own - also it’s bright fluorescent glowing blue, so it’s gonna stand out - Stealthy both doesn’t seem to fit and is another irritation factor - replace it with Magic Heart or Fey Bond or something generic
  • Magic Link - not happy with it having Empowered and Magic Link together - either it gets a fast cast off at the start, or it gets to fill up fast and cast often, but not both - one of these has to go, and I suggest it’s this one - replace it with Nimble or Alert or maybe Invigorated - the troll potential of stacking multiple Wisps with multiple Magic Links worries me
  • tweak the other traits and it can keep Empowered
4 Likes

There was also Scale Guard. And Scale Guard/Astral Spirit/Spirit Fox were a stupid 4-of-them META so one or two troops could be killed at the start of the battle thanks to the event bonus… Note that Scale Guard was kicked of the “Empowered VIP club” ;-).

Other troops cannot kill that much troops at the start of the battle so I prefer to put them in the “small damage” category: Gob-Chomper/Keghammer/Faunessa/Siren/Tau.

Remain Lamia: I don’t know and I will test it :wink: . Maybe I overestimate the damage of Charm…

But whatever, this new troop almost combines spells of two troops + dispel (cancel any Barriers, quite helpful versus Kerberos team). And as said @Jainus, his 3 traits are quite nice…
I understand well that he should be the new anti-Kerberos team but in this case, he doesn’t need Empowered.

2 Likes

Well, water link would make Wisp/Wisp/Famine/Wisp slightly less powerful, blue is the only color that team doesn’t need. I suspect that those three Wisps would still easily fill up Famine as a side effect of looping, preventing you from getting spells off after your very first turn.

Whats charmed? new effect?

Check out Lamia, Incubus and Imp of Love. It’s dealing an enemy’s attack as damage to the troops above and below.

3 Likes

Not only do we get Dark Traitstones two weeks in a row, but Dark Traitstones come back again on August 28th. What’s going on? 3 out of 7 weeks are Dark Traitstones?

Never forget the almost (I think they pushed back one of the troops) Arcane Blades in 3 out of 4 weeks.

That was on the previous kingdom’s event, and the kingdom before that was when we got Spirit twice in 3 weeks. That’s too much to be a coincidence. I believe they do it on purpose, for the reason I suggested above (most people get new kingdom event troop from event chests).

5 Likes

I fully agree and not all users have the same needs for stones, and i believe us the forum’s users are a marginal size of the whole player base. Let us be patient. :smiley:

1 Like

As a follow-up to the above, two new weapons are now added to the files: Heart of Xathenos and Soul of Xathenos.

5 Likes

These spoiler images are fan-assembled from game files, and UNOFFICIAL

REMINDER: All future troop details are subject to change at any time. (Retrieved 2017-07-24)

Dwarven Gate
Common / Khaziel / Dwarf Construct
Spell: Password (10 Blue) - Gain [Magic+3] Armor, boosted by Dwarven Allies. All other allies gain Barrier and 5 Mana. [1:1]
Traits: Dwarf Shield - Allied Dwarves gain 2 Armor. / Repair - Gain 1 Armor on 4 or 5 Gem matches. / Stoneskin
Requires: Minor Water, Arcane Stoic Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 0; Life - 33; Armor - 34; Magic - 11 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: Speak friend and enter.
Will arrive in 7 days (2017-07-31).

King Highforge
Legendary / Khaziel / Dwarf
Spell: 1000 Year Grudge (15 Brown/Red) - Stun the last 2 enemies and deal [Magic+3] damage to them, boosted by ally Dwarves. Summon a random Dwarf. [x6]
Traits: Dwarf Bond / Fortitude - Immune to Stun, Poison, Disease, Death Mark and Devour. / Stone Loyalty - All Dwarves start battle with 50% Mana.
Requires: Minor Earth, Arcane Lava Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 18; Life - 32; Armor - 14; Magic - 10 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: The King under the Mountain.
Will arrive in 7 days (2017-07-31).

11 Likes