(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I see the argument that this is power creep over Lamia and Sphinx, but the fact that both of them are so pitifully bad that they are NEVER seen is just becasue they have been left behind and need to be brought back up.

Not sure if this has ever been posted here before, but give this video from Extra credits a look. Power Creep Hell after watching it again It maybe a good idea for a whole post about it.

[quote=“Fourdottwoone, post:3619, topic:1280”]
can be set up to always fill with a single match
[/quote] I think that is just a problem with how much mana surges have affected the game as it’s aged.

[quote=“Fourdottwoone, post:3619, topic:1280”]
Sure, charm won’t kill all your troops, but the remaining ones will likely die to the skull match at the end of each loop.
[/quote] That isnt so much a problem with the troop as it is a problem with how frequently falling gems cascade.

There should be a different pvp mode, warlord 5 or something, where you’re allowed to field multiple copies and there’s a larger gold bonus plus say, two extra guild seals for a victory. Pvp should be one copy of a troop only.
This looks like a great little troop, but with multiple copies very OP unfortunately.

No, this is a unique issue with Wisp. Looking at Purple, mana gain is 3 (standard match) +2 (banner) +4 (4x Magic Link) = 9. Without any king of surge, a single match will completely fill a Wisp in a Wisp team. Add in any kind of surge or 4/5-match and multiple Wisps will gain mana.

[quote=“mraider94, post:3620, topic:1280”]That isnt so much a problem with the troop as it is a problem with how frequently falling gems cascade.
[/quote]
Again no. Each Wisp gets you a board jumble and a guaranteed extra turn to benefit from the result. Unless the game takes great pains to artificially prevent 4/5-match situations arising from the board jumble, this will feed the Wisps to continue the loop. You won’t get a break from the AI casting a spell, just when picking a 3-match is the only possible move left.

While I don’t disagree here, it is worth pointing out that said 4/5 match would have to be either a purple or a red match to continue to feed the Wisps, otherwise it’s wasted mana. Yes you get another turn, and if a Wisp is up it can cast and try again, but you’re still betting on 2/7 odds of a four match being useful if one comes up at all.

if that was the case i wouldnt mind if it was an official feature, like:

New mythic Thexodron Duo!

• now exclusive in chests for one week
  • only for 1 week will deal 5 more damage and burn 1 random enemy ! Afterwards adjusted/tweaked as we see fit. Grab it while its powerful!

thats most beautiful photo of Jynx ive ever seen :rofl:

1 Like

I think it should be reworked, its a bit OP.

:joy:

3 Likes

A four match will provide more mana than required for one Wisp though, especially if it surges. And the board jumble might offer more than just one four match. I’d also see a four match of skulls a favorable outcome, to get rid of the troops surviving the charm onslaught.

Not insisting I’m right here, I’m sort of hoping I’m vastly overestimating the troop. It’s just that there is at least one other troop that seems to fit perfectly together with three Wisps for ultimate denial. Please don’t let that work out to be the new meta defense team for the next weeks, it’s going to to be super aggravating. :worried:

For those concerned about the new troop being released and causing griefing… May I suggest a troop that everyone made fun of?

Leshy (Leshy - Troops - Gems of War Database) I assume entangling your team allows charm to become ineffective. The only one who could do damage would be leshy, unless you don’t trait him. Pair this with some green damage dealers, and you’ve got yourself a team.

1 Like

But you’d still have to cast Leshy before the enemy has a chance to act because of Empowered.

I think it should have Fast instead of Empowered.

1 Like

As we don’t know how bad 4x of the new troop could be, I’ve got a ridiculous team to handle it.

Leshy/Fortress Gate/Fortress Gate/Goblin (Double Brown banner)

Leshy can fill with one brown match that surges. Next turn you have entangle plus green mana gain. Fortress gates are there to minimize damage from a Charm hitting a middle troop (and thus hurting 2 units) on first cast. If your top or bottom troop gets charmed, who cares! It’s just a fortress gate.

And how do you deal damage? hehehe

Removing Empowered won’t really take away the loopability of the troop though, it just won’t start in turn 1 with it.
The charm of the spell is what could potentially make this troop broken, without it it is just empty looping.
As it stands in addition to stopping whenever the wisp casts delivered no 4-match and no wisp remaining filled, the looping also stops at any skull 3-match, and it is really not that annoying at 4x speed, the charm dealing damage all the while could be problematic though.

Anyways if they decided to go the route of removing Empowered they should replace it with something else entirely, Fast is just worthless for the troop.

Leshy with skulls and goblin is the rest of your damage. Without entangle up, your Leshy or Goblin can get hit for 10 damage at most in a cast, your fortress gates can get hit for more (but who needs them). But hopefully you can keep getting Leshy up and that’s never a case.

I said it could possibly work, I didn’t say it would be fast.

I disagree. It just makes it less OP, giving the player more time to prevent a series of loop, while stil giving it a headstart. It doesn’t have to be Fast, though, but it can’t be something too strong like Impervious, either. Maybe Alert, idk.

Removing charm would make the troop really useless in my opinion.

The whole point if the discussion is that Wisp can be filled with one non surging match, so yes fast would be a useless trait on it.
Impervious on the troop would not be a problem, it is on War Sphinx now and it is not played at all.
But literally anything but fast would work.

I agree removing charm would make the troop a lot weaker, as would removing empowered, but removing charm would actually avoid the 4xWisp looping being potentially harmful which is what people here are wary of. Removing empowered wouldn’t.

Well, that might be your whole point. My point is to make it decent, but not OP.
EDIT: Also, a higher mana cost would make it less OP for an UR.

Because its spell sucks.

I used it in guild wars last week on purple day twice In the last slot to pretty good effect. A mix up and extra turn can be a game changer. I was fed up of vjm teams and went full impervious

I don’t even know what vjm is =p

My purple team is full Impervious, too, but no place War Sphinx.

The console meta, Valkyrie justice and Mab