(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I agree that poison needs a little buff, but the trait will still be redundant to some degree.

If poison were to stack it might actually turn out to be quite powerful.

1 Like

I’m not so sold. If enrage only boosts skull damage, this trait might feel somewhat worthless due to random. Now if it enraged first ally, much better. But if enrage boosts spell damage too, then the trait might be good as is.

IMO, Doomclaw looks like he’s just not good, too random. 25% chance for 2 devours is too low, but will be really awesome when it happens.

Infernus gets elemental shield LOL. But his two other traits look nice. I think I’m most excited for him.

From what usage I’ve had this week so far with Enraged, yes it is only useful on the first troop. It is a nice mechanic against Gorgotha etc.

I could only see the ‘enrage a random ally’ being useful if some or more troops gained a bonus from ‘boosted by x number of enraged allies’.

Edit: So I just checked what Doomclaws spell is and it suggests the boost is plus 10 damage per enraged ally. So then it is somewhat useful, Yasmines Chosen also has a plus 10 damage boost for each entangled enemies. These boosts seem to be larger the more useless the status effect is if it isn’t on the first troop. Euralyi only gets a 2 damage boost for undead and nagas, though is an AOE true damage so not entirely comparable.

1 Like

So after having faced and played Artema for a week, i have to say that i stand by my point 100%.
For a troop so heavily restricted with her usage she feels underwhelming even in her event week and teams dedicated to her.
In a world of centaur defenses due to the insane Event stat buffs, she isn’t even in the top3 of centaur troops i feel i need to control/take out/disable. Orion, as much flak as he catches for his limited usefulness, is a significantly better/more dangerous lead troop just with his one superior true shot trait, than Artema is with her complete trait package dedicated to being a leadtroop. Her spell while looking big on paper is rather harmless due to its 100% predictability, and the most important thing is still that outside of all centaur teams she is just about completely useless and outshined by many other legendaries.
The preemptive nerf was definitely not warranted and an overreaction to hype, even without it she would just have been a niche troop, and now with centaur week coming to an end she will just be another useless legendary and a waste for cool art…

6 Likes

So next week will see Groshnak + Orc, stuff like Cyclops doing 80+ point nukes for 11 mana, Orc having 40 attack and gaining 30 per cast plus enrage, even Ogryn will get a beefy boost doing over 100 damage on red heavy boards.

2 Likes

These events have to be disabled in guild wars, or lowered by a ton…
this is getting a tad to nuts…

4 Likes

I don’t quite agree because it might tempt folks to put something else up instead of valkrie justice mab and anything else you care to throw in.

1 Like

It is a bit much… it needs to be tweaked quite a bit imo.

1 Like

As long as nobody is Empowered I’m cool with the boosts. Gives a reason to mix up both offense and defense.

But something like this week’s Empowered Astral Spirit (which smart defenders are stacking 3 and 4 of in their teams) just sucks all the enjoyment out of GW.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call those defences smart, as it is easily countered and beat - also the AI won’t cast them all one after the other, so the tactic they’re wishing to employ doesn’t work.

2 Likes

The tactic is actually relying on cascade matches from the gem removal. And given my current PvP defense numbers are 151/193 I’d say its working quite well.

1 Like

Your win/loss is probably skewed from the suicide squad retreating.

1 Like

I’m sure a few are but given GW, a large portion appear to be from that.

This spoiler image is fan-assembled from game files, and is UNOFFICIAL

REMINDER: All future troop details are subject to change at any time. (Retrieved 2017-06-26)

Merchant Prince
Ultra-Rare / Darkstone / Human
Spell: Stolen Wealth (8 Blue/Brown) - Destroy a Row and Column. Gain [Magic+1] Gold, boosted by Red Gems destroyed. [x10]
Traits: Human Bond / Greedy / Merchant
Requires: Minor Earth, Arcane Shield Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 15; Life - 32; Armor - 11; Magic - 8 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: Greed is good.
Will arrive in 7 days (2017-07-03).

5 Likes

Nice one for new players to farm gold I guess. Odd addition to Darkstone, theme-wise… looks more Blackhawk perhaps.

4 Likes

He’s not Rogue, just Human with a dark nature, possibly somewhat evil. Even if Darkstone is not the perfect match, I can’t see him fit better in any other kingdom, certainly not Blackhawk - unless he’s asking to be robbed.

4 Likes

Possibly Adana. As a merchant in a costal human city.

Rogue dens are magnets for folks like the Merchant Prince, promising a fast buck by serving as a fixer for the rogues, selling their stolen goods and extending their financial empire with more profits. A perfect fit for Blackhawk.
I don’t see why a greedy and spoiled Merchant Prince would like to even stay for a weekend in a place like Darkstone, where physical suffering and renouncing any form of comfort seems to be the lifestyle and the people seem obsessed with dark daemonic arts and sinister experiments on humans.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s where I was coming from…

1 Like