(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I needed Pharos-Ra. After spending 300 keys and 7500 gems, I still don’t have him.

Needless to say, I won’t ever chase Event mythics ever again.

4 Likes

@yonizaf i have a request. Can you periodically link to the most recent troop release schedule? I always have so much trouble finding it. Thanks brudda

I’ve opened over 100 VIP chests and didn’t get a single mythic, so I’d imagine the chances of getting one from a ‘lower level’ chest must be tiny. I may as well just keep the keys til Monday and then use them all, then after that just spend them as I get them.

I’ve gotten 2 mythics from Glory chests before, but that’s all.

1 Like

about 3 days after elemagrim week ended, I pulled a ketras out of 3 glory keys. After blowing about 2k total keys during the week.

I don’t even like ketras, let alone have the traitstones for him.

2 Likes

If it makes you feel better i spent 600 gem keys 3500 glory keys and 21.5k gems before I pulled mine

I’m not really sure what you want me to do. Post a link every day to my last “next week’s troop” post? that sounds like more trouble than it’s worth. Can’t you just bookmark Rasper’s event spreadsheet?

6 Likes

@yonizaf that is perfect! My apologies i thought it was your spreadsheet not @Rasper’s please forgive my technology dumbness😋

@yonizaf does all the data delving, I just put it into a more palatable and easily referenced format :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trying to imagine what a pure purple troop from pridelands would be.

And clue what the common and legendary are?

I’ve never seen a purple cow
I never hope to see one.
But I can tell you anyhow
I’d rather see than be one.

(With apologies to Ogden Nash)

It’s not really a purple cow, but I think that would be kind of funny.

4 Likes

REMINDER: All future troop details are subject to change at any time. (Retrieved 2017-05-18)

Bandit
Common / Pridelands / Human Rogue
Spell: Grand Theft (8 Purple) - Deal [Magic+4] damage to an enemy. Steal [Magic+4] Gold.
Traits: Rogue Bond / Greedy / Stealthy
Requires: Minor Magic, Arcane Death Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 17; Life - 21; Armor - 13; Magic - 10 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: He’s working on a Dark Project.
Will arrive in 11 days (2017-05-29).

Sekhma
Legendary / Pridelands / Raksha Mystic
Spell: Call of the Sun (17 Red/Purple) - Transform Blue Gems to Skulls and transform Brown Gems to Yellow. Deal [Magic+1] damage to an enemy, boosted by all other allies’ Magic. [2:1]
Traits: Raksha Bond / Insulated / Sun’s Glory - Gain 3 Magic on Red Gem matches.
Requires: Minor Fire, Arcane Dark Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 20; Life - 29; Armor - 11; Magic - 11 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: I am woman. Hear me roar!
Will arrive in 11 days (2017-05-29).

5 Likes

What’s the ratio for? Do you steal 1 gold for every 25 they have up to your magic plus 4? or is it left over from when it scaled off of something other than magic?

Is it the guy in my forums avatar?

Wasn’t it Gelett Burgess though?

I have no idea, would have to check where it came from. My script uses a similar method to what the game uses to determine if a boost ratio needs to be shown - but it’s not foolproof, and I don’t always check for correctness before posting.

yes.

1 Like

I would’ve sworn it was Nash, but you may be correct. If so, I apologize to Mr. Burgess as well.

So I checked, and the boost ratio comes from a new counting mechanic, the same one that got introduced for Bone Dragon’s rework. You can see that the boost ratio display on Bone Dragon is also bugged in-game, for a similar reason.

I want to fix this in my script, but not sure how. For now I’ll just remove it manually I guess. There don’t seem to be any more such cases for now, so it should be fine.

1 Like

Maybe it means Bandit can steal max 25 golds.

Yeah that’s my assumption based on Yoni’s explanation.

No. It’s because of a new function that limits the value of previous counts, and works differently than my script expects.

Normally any spell step that starts with the word “Count” uses the Amount field to determine percentage. For example if SpellStep.Type=“CountAttack” and SpellStep.Amount=50, the step will return a counter with half the attack of the target (then the ratio is 2:1).

The new “CountMax” step type does not actually count, instead it limits the previous count to a value, using Amount as base value. In this case, first count is “CountEnemyGold”, then CountMax limits it to Magic+4, and that’s the 4 in the Amount field, which is then understood by my stupid script as 4% = 25:1.

Now if that function would be named properly (not starting with “Count” since it doesn’t really count anything), then all would be well, and Bandit would show 1:1 - the ratio of gold he steals (though it’s not needed, but those things happen - in game too). They could have named it something like “LimitCounter” or something, I don’t know.

I hope this is all not too confusing, and I apologize to all the non-technical people out there - or anyone for which that was just gibberish.

4 Likes

Dang, I was really hoping for further expansion of using gold to buff or modify abilities. I think it’s such a great variety to the mechanics.

I wish it was something like Steal [Magic+4] gold from an enemy, then deal damage based your gold. (With some like 1/2 less of your gold, etc.)