(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

i cant speak robotic :scream: someone translate please :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

He would appreciate it if some of the existing “bond” traits were changed to give armor instead of life.

Retcon is Shimrra-speak jargon for retrospective conversion, i.e. change something after the event

Ubiquitous is an English word meaning ever-present

3 Likes

my first “robotic for dummies” lesson learnt :grin:

thank you

Watching some of the new troops coming out, you can really see that some of the ideas from the “which 5 troops do you want to see boosted,” or something like that, thread were looked at.

Jaguar Warrior is basically what I felt like Tau should be doing. Giving that full heal on the condition of a kill will be fun. Yes, I know not endgame fun.

Sonehammer finally gave us a Thick Headed Dwarf with damage reduction.

Chupacabra, vacationing in Suncrest, amuses me greatly.

Tezca makes me wonder what Emperina will do when she gets reworked. I’m kind of hoping Emperina will do some kind of team wide life gain, heal (percentage, not full) and buff.

1 Like

RETroactive CONtinuity, I thought…

4 Likes

Yes that’s the more usual tropes origin of the phrase… but as this isn’t a fiction/story/narrative update, I figured the above interpretation worked better… in consulting we do use retcon for simply restating the past or changing old stuff… which hilariously jargonises a piece of clique jargon and makes it worse.

And I know jargonises isn’t a word, but hey.

3 Likes

Retcon - TV Tropes This site jargonizes everything. I like a Z spelling better. :slight_smile:

Just tossing an idea:
“When I deal skull damage, death mark the second Enemy”
could also be dm first enemy, but wait… we got that already.

Maybe something more along the lines of “on skull/purple match dm 1st/2nd enemy”

I think applying DM on the second enemy in order on skull match would be an interesting idea since it potentially can thin out enemy teams without wasting the effect on skulls → could make for some really interesting/unorthodox scenarios, playstyles and challenges.

Example:
In best case you hit with skulls on first turn → hit on first, DM on 2nd
on the enemy turn, DM procs
second turn, you hit again, dm procs on enemy turn
third turn same again, so you’re left with only one enmy who has endured 3 skull hits this far (assuming that the enemy did - nothing until now.)

That would hapen: 10% * 10% * 10% = 0.1% of all games (and you can’t tell me that 1 in 1000 is too often) (actually even less often since you’ll rarely get three skull matches in three turns without the enemy being able to do anything in the meantime - and then there are also warded and impervious troops and such…)

In worst case, DM dissipates without an effect every time you hit → you play a very normal game as if the trait was not there

That would happen… well seldom, i can’t give a specific probability, since i dunno likeliness for player to hit, dm to dissappear without effect and also the match duration without DM - its probably rather small though, smaller than the best case even. In summary I’d expect 1 kill via DM until the battle is over.

Summary: this way DKs 3rd trait can POTENTIALLY reduce the time to kill by a fair bit, while not being too overpowered. the only thing that would be debatable imo is:

1. is it OP if you can bypass a warded troop on first spot with skulls? (might be not hero-worthy to some)

Edit: Sorry for the long, rambly and grammatically bad post, its a quater to one in the morning roud here, i’m tired. good night.

Why do I think that the new hero classes were going to be released today?

They said 17th so 3 more days to go.

Oh thanks, not sure why I thought it was today.

Next week’s event troop

This spoiler image is fan-assembled from game files, and is UNOFFICIAL

REMINDER: All future troop details are subject to change at any time. (Retrieved 2017-04-17)

Bone Scorpion
Common / Khetar / Undead Beast
Spell: Bone Sting (7 Brown) - Destroy a row. Poison a random enemy for every Skull destroyed. [1:1]
Traits: Undead Bond / Sturdy / Agile
Requires: Minor Earth, Arcane Deep Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 14; Life - 17; Armor - 21; Magic - 1 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: Look who crawled out of the Mezcal bottle.
Will arrive in 6 days (2017-04-24).

10 Likes

Small reminder to everyone: next week pharos will be in event chests.

5 Likes

I think it is roughly a 0.1% drop rate, 1 in 1000 event keys.

I assume Necrezza will be there too, for those who want to ascend her. Or maybe not, since she’s not is other chests?

@Saltypatra do you know or can you check for us? Or any other dev who still haunts the forums?

I got her from chests several times already, glory and gem keys. Latest copy I got today from a glory key.
So yeap, she is out there. :wink:

1 Like

Really? I thought they said she wouldn’t be there for a while. Thanks for letting me know.

I never saw their statements, all I know is that I got her several times. Hopefully it’s the same for you.

Yes, I just checked, and I have more than one copy of her. I was a bit surprised because the 3.0 patch said:

and not even 3 weeks have passed since.

1 Like