(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

No, type it exactly as displayed.

4 Likes

Edit. It’s something which piqued my curiosity very high

Upcoming week’s events should be Khaziel, and quest epic is Emperina. This likely means a boost to Dwarves, and since Emperina hates Dwarves, it might also mean that snots come from Dwarves. This would be unprecedented, though, so other possibilities include Daemons (because of Gorgotha) or maybe Mechs(?) (because of Deep Borer).

1 Like

I hope it’s mechs or dwarves. Can go wild destroying stuff

How to quote your post that contains no text except the spoiler? Want to share info of the legendary troop with my guild mates.

There, it has unspoiled text :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can also hit reply, in the reply hit the quote button, then copy the text from that before canceling the reply.

1 Like

It’s a nice trait, but I was really hoping it would raise the gold cap too, like Merchant. Bonnie and Sharky need just a bit more help to be a lot of fun.

I really love those spells boosted by resources.

3 Likes

1:1 Gold damage is no cheap booster (pun intended), that can add up to a solid +100 damage by default in the 50% chance it hits.
Though I’d honestly be unsurprised if it got knocked down to a 2:1 ratio before release.

The good news is, like Void Portal, the troop can’t be (ab)used on defense.
So the chances of it being changed out of complaint are unlikely.

I’m interested in the fact that it actually SPENDS the gold. Is this the first troop we’ve gotten that actually consumes resources obtained during battle?

3 Likes

Yes, it is.

Next up: A defensive troop that steals the attacker’s accumulated Souls when it casts.

[spoiler][/spoiler]#trollface

7 Likes

While annoying it would work as a nice counter play to troops like Void Portal and Pharos-Ra that run off of souls accumulated. Those troops are enough of a problem to warrant it, but would still be a cool counter.

I’m hoping the new Mythic Dwarfs last trait might be something like “Explode a random gem on 4-5 gem matches made by you or an enemy” It would stop gem spammers and make for an interesting and probably annoying battle.

2 Likes

It’s a nice idea, but who would get the exploded mana?
You or the person with exploder (considering it’s still technically your turn upon activation)?

mana would go to the person whos turn it was while making that extra turn gem match i suppose

i assume it could clear the board off too much of same color , making the chance to loop less likely yet not preventing the extra turn

2 Likes

I was thinking more like having the mana from the explosion go to the card that procs the gem explosion (The extra turn gem match goes to the player who performed it though). It will penalize those that use gem spamming teams pretty well while boosting up the mythic. So far there isn’t much to counter such teams and I feel he would be the best bet to do so. For instance if there’s one on both teams it could give half and half to both sides if it gets proc by both. I’m no programmer so I wouldn’t know how hard it’d be to program it but I think it would add more strategic value to GOW.

Now I’m wondering how that’d divvy up between a team of 4 of said troop on either side.
Would the player with 4 get more than the player with 1?
Do multiple explosions go off at once or are they shared to one? How do you determine which activates first?

And finally, if it worked the way Annaerith said, wherein the turn player gets the mana, wouldn’t that be more supportive of the opponent than detrimental? That’s a possible 6-7(?) extra mana earned per 4+ match.

Seems a little unreliable and/or finicky to work out as you’d hope. Like I said, it’s a nice idea, but there are aspects of it I don’t like or could be found complicated to work with development-wise.

Sequence that meets Annaerith’s original idea (before she added additional specifics):

(1) Whenever a 4+ match is made, but before the gems fall to fill in the gap, every single troop with that trait triggers
(2) Player’s troops first, then AI’s, regardless of whose turn it was (yes, this is a slight advantage to the player)
(3) Upon triggering, a gem still on the board (i.e. not part of an existing match) is selected
(4) After all gems are selected, they are exploded in selection order; they’re animated simultaneously to avoid huge delays. Mana is awarded in the same order, to the team whose troop selected that gem to explode. If a previous explosion removed a gem that would have been covered by a later explosion, that second explosion awards less mana.
(5) After all explosions are finished, gems fall from the top to fill the gaps on the board

1 Like

it would be a double edged sword, yes
and it was not my suggestion to make that trait so dont blam me xD i just only suggested the interpretation of it that i thought would make most sense and go best with the in game mechanics, forcing mana from gem matches/explodes towards other then active player could be very complicated thing to program in, dont you think? also could be very hard to comprehend by players and possibly very unfair

1 Like