(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Forest of Thorns event week.

I’d say FoT troops and Elves get the +25%. The boost to glade warden attack coupled with his 3rd trait could be useful. Boost to Rowanne’s armor will have a nice impact too.

The quest epic is Rowanne, so snotstones will have to do with her. Not sure what though, her quest line involves curing the forest so not a big hint on what they’d do.

They won’t do Elves. Hopefully. They’ve already had them twice. My bet is on Fey.

That would double bonus Rowanne… big boom!

The new troop is Elemental/Elf, which is why I figured Elf.

2 Likes

It could also be elemental. But that would be week 3 with a boost to elementals

I don’t think any of that deters them. They’ve doubled and even tripled up on stuff like that before if they saw fit.

I guess what I’m saying is I don’t expect the Devs to arbitrarily say “oh, we can’t boost elves, we just did that a couple of weeks ago”.

OK…Diff time!

Changes observed in game files:

• All of Suncrest troops have now gained a spell, and some have gained traits…

• Next (after Suncrest) kingdom’s troops appeared. They are currently slated for 2017-05-26. Only troop and spell names are currently available, not even colors are set properly (they’re all mono-red regardless of rarity).

• Release schedule after new kingdom is shifted forward by one week to fit the new kingdom.

• May’s mythic gained a third trait, and June’s mythic appeared.

• Full spell and trait info for the new GW troop rewards.

Full details will follow later, or per request, as that’s a lot of info. In the meantime, behold next week’s troop:

This spoiler image is fan-assembled from game files, and UNOFFICIAL.

REMINDER: ALL FUTURE TROOP DETAILS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME.
(Retrieved 2017-03-20)

Captain Skullbeard
Epic / Blackhawk / Undead Rogue
Spell: Hidden Treasure (11 Blue/Green) - Create 5 Skulls, boosted by Treasure Maps collected. Then Explode [Magic/2+1] Gems. [x3]
Traits: Undead Bond / Greedy / Water Spirit
Requires: Minor Water, Arcane Swamp Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 21; Life - 21; Armor - 15; Magic - 6 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: Look a three-headed monkey.
Will arrive in 7 days (2017-03-27).

11 Likes

Can I get the information on May’s mythic? It may be the first time I go fishing on release day – unless Stonehammer gets a serious upgrade.

1 Like

I’m right here with you matey. Dragon mythic is making me salivate

1 Like

It doesn’t have a spell for now, so it’s impossible to tell how good it is yet.

Still, here’s all available details for future mythics (Though Stonehammer did not change, I put him in as well for completeness sake).

###Mythics for April,May,June - OUTDATED:
REMINDER: ALL FUTURE TROOP DETAILS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. (Retrieved 2017-03-20)

Stonehammer
Mythic / Khaziel / Divine Dwarf
Spell: Ancient Wrath (22 Blue/Brown/Yellow) - Cause Burn and Stun to 3 random enemies. Gain [Magic+1] Life.
Traits: Thick Head / Warded / Unbreakable - Reduce damage from Skulls by 80%.
Requires: Minor Earth, Arcane Shield, Arcane Mountain Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 14; Life - 37; Armor - 18; Magic - 6 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: Sing along with me…
Will arrive in 18 days (2017-04-07).

Elemaugrim
Mythic / Dragon’s Claw / Dragon
Spell: Last Shadow (Brown/Red/Purple) - TBD
Traits: TBD / TBD / Confligation - Burn all enemies on 4 or 5 Gem matches.
Requires: Minor Fire, Arcane Lava, Arcane Dark Traitstones
Will arrive in 46 days (2017-05-05).

Queen Aurora
Mythic / Silverglade / Divine Beast
Spell: Rainbow Spirit (Green/Yellow/Purple) - TBD
Traits: TBD / TBD / Rainbow Link - Gain bonus Mana from Gem matches.
Requires: Minor Wind, Arcane Light, Arcane Plains Traitstones
Will arrive in 74 days (2017-06-02).

9 Likes

Ooh I’ve wanted that combo for a while…

Conflagration, maybe?

1 Like

Oh boy, get ready for even more Courage teams on PVP. :fearful:

3 Likes

That’s… alarming and depressing…

1 Like

If Aspect of Courage was +1 Attack instead of +3, this would not be nearly as much of a problem; Courage would still be by far the most useful guardian, but it wouldn’t be as extreme as at present. Not sure what the reasoning is behind leaving the trait as-is for so long.

1 Like

While we may touch on Courage later, we are unsure if he is just a symptom of the Bone Dragon problem. Once the Bone Dragon change is released with 3.0 Patch, we will be reviewing the guardians.

9 Likes

Please just compare Courage to Loyalty…

Making a skull attack will (in general, very roughly) trigger at least as often as casting a spell… and both can be set up tactically to happen more often.

On trait effect:

• Loyalty gives +2 Life/Armour (+4 ‘face value’ in the old measures)
  • Courage gives +3 Attack/Life (+9 'face value)

Surely they could at least be the other way around, as in Loyalty has +3/+3 and Courage +2/+2. That puts both to a +6 ‘face value’…

(not to digress too far into my views on Guardians balance, sorry)

Back to spoilers:
@yonizaf did you mean to include

…with Captain Skullbeard? I assume he’s legit for next week?

2 Likes

He is. That’s just a standard disclaimer so people don’t think it’s posted by a dev and complain when it changes (apparently a thing). I was asked by a dev to make sure people don’t think my images are official, especially if I post them without a spoiler tag.

If you have a better suggestion for how to say that, that would be great. I’m not a native English speaker, so these things happen and I’m open to feedback.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s fine, it just confused me… but I see what you mean.

I don’t want people to get confused. Are you sure you can’t think of any way to improve on that?

You could write:
This spoiler image is fan-assembled from draft game content, and not officially sanctioned by the developers.

1 Like