Some upcoming Gems of War changes (including more gems!)

If the devs want to solve the problem of giving out too many gems, and keep their existing VIP5+ players happy, why don’t they just lower the cost of gems to get VIP chests? Make it something like 1800 instead of 2250 for 50 chests? That way you get more value for VIP chests, existing players won’t be paying as much and might even get more people to level up to VIP5?

1 Like

I don’t necessarily disagree, I understand the relative loss in value part. But it’s also assuming that the sole reason for gems is to open VIP chests. They can still be used to level sentinels, or buy armour (if needed), or refresh PVP ranked opponents, buy stuff from the shop. Just because the majority of the forums doesn’t do these actions doesn’t mean that other players don’t. Hell I’ve bought gold with gems once because I needed it to fill guild reqs in a week where I didn’t get to play much.

So yes there is a perceived loss in value, I agree. Though I feel the total loss in value is less than it seems to most people here since most people here only seem to see gems as a currency to open VIP chests.

With all the talk of gem reduction we still need to be compensated this week at least Pc/Mob IOS since consoles will not be getting 140 in tasks give all guilds that completed blue tasks their 250 gems as compensation you cannot just allow only consoles to be immune from the 140 gems for blue tasks show some integrity award those 250 gems asap that would be a step in the right direction and make gems craftable with treasure maps even if it takes 4/5 resources to craft gems it shouldn’t be easy but it should be an option

4 Likes

PS4 will be going live soon. As always with the console patch, we release one an hour before the other (most of the time XB1) in case we spot any major issues with the other version.

2 Likes

They weren’t reduced, they were gutted. What of value is there to spend gold on now? There may be more of it in the economy, but a few strokes of the proverbial pen have rendered gold largely useless. I suppose we could make a minigame out of bragging about how big our bank accounts are, or something.

Gems should have been reduced as a drop, not removed. Instead of being able to drop 60, lower the rate to 30 (50% nerf) or 20 (66% nerf). Removing them was a mistake.

Taking away peoples’ toys and then offering to sell them back is not good business, and doesn’t tell the customer that you value them.

5 Likes

Quit the game and go to My games and apps. You should see it available here. Press start on it and select start update.

1 Like

Reducing them by 75% (or more accurately 50%, since 4x doesn’t really let you play 400% more games) would make sense. But 100% is not a reduction, it’s an elimination, so whether we’re playing at 1/2 speed or 10x wouldn’t change how many batches of zero gems we could receive. Sirrian’s “ungated gems is bad” is logical, even though I might not agree with the decision, but this 4x reasoning simply doesn’t make logical sense.

9 Likes

That is a bug misunderstanding. The gems DID NOT lose the value, VIP DID.

Gems are even more valuable but since they are harder to get it means more grind(and some people with work and families were already struggling for time to play) or spend more money but since people are unappy with the game atm they do not want to spend money.

Ps4 has been deployed.

3 Likes

I did and still don’t see it

Here is what I thought. If you are wanting to get more money, stimulate economy, why take out one of the things that, for gamers, is fun (ie, getting big rewards, feeling that part of brain light up with joy)? Why not instead offer us the kind of impulse purchases we would fall over ourself to make? SO many times, I have want to trait something fast for GW fight, go to get the $50 trait stone pack, but the one I want…not there! So I spend nothing, farm instead. If you allowed us to buy trait stone a la carte, we would! If you let us buy silly monthly status items, like hats for our avatar, costumes, etc, we would! But why we would now spend money, when we see that what we buy is not any longer worth so much? I don’t want to buy anything, today…

Most guilds, lucky to do one, two LT a week. Only the very top, could really farm that. I think you need more inventive, more WANTED ways to spend money, less ways to try to coerce. Players don’t like to feel pressured, sorry!

6 Likes

If people are unhappy with the game, the best thing they can do is to not spend money. There is no “but I need…” If you pay in, you’re approving of the game’s direction, so consider accordingly.

Likewise, if you do approve of all the changes, spend away. Both sides are entitled to their opinions.

5 Likes

Well something must be wrong if you deployed 1h ago and i don’t see it

What about increasing the number of event keys for legendary tasks? 1 event key or a possibility of 4 doesn’t seem to be worth the gold.

@Saltypatra @Sirrian @Ozball The always diamonds on victory on dungeons is for the next week? or can be integrated this one?

While I understand what you’re saying, the same logic suggests that the value of VIP is dictated by your guild and how many tasks they complete, since this dictates your gem income.

Regardless or whether or not I agree with your decisions, I always appreciate the communication. Cheers!

I suspect that the game simply won’t “feel right” until the rewards are returned to how they were before. If that means that the intervals between legendary tasks are drastically scaled up (or somesuch), so be it - that reduces the net by whatever amount you need without changing the “feel” of each punctuated reward.

Either way, thank you for your willingness to listen and make tweaks.

4 Likes

Doubtful. They nerfed the LTs so it’s unlikely they will buff them now.

That is too funny

1 Like

Did you deploy in canada also? Lol