Some upcoming Gems of War changes (including more gems!)

Please adhere to the Community Guidelines, @RyuuHou24. No insulting other members of the forums.

Let us all discuss this in a civilised manner.

3 Likes

So calling people whiners, spoiled, entitled, etc etc is fine. Good logic there, Patra.

2 Likes

I should clarify, the reminder is for everyone in this thread. I was going to start going back and editing some of the replies.

Also, you have violated Community Guidelines in the past. We encourage all sorts of debate on this forum, and it is any member’s right to express their opinion whether positive or negative. However, this opinion must be expressed civilly. A one sentence reply that calls out another player, is by no means civil or constructive.

4 Likes

Funny how the one calling out the guy calling other people spoiled, entitled, so on and so forth gets altered within…what was that, 2 minutes? Yet his post has remained untouched for 2 hours.

Oh, but I guess that was just a poor coincidence -.-

1 Like

That player had several points and added to the conversation. Their language was also not as incendiary or insulting as yours was.

5 Likes

Like I said, Patra - good logic there. Apparently your community guidelines go out the window as long as people are nice to you, huh?

Please keep your language PG-13. I don’t want to have to keep editing your posts, and I do not want to ban you. As I said, you are welcome to express your opinion as long as you don’t insult others.

Also, I have gone and edited the above post.

6 Likes

That’s the main misunderstanding. No you don’t pay to be VIP 5, you pay for pack/etc and as a gift, devs increase your VIP level. You maybe bought something only for these VIP levels, but it’s your reasons. Not devs’s ones…
VIP is only a fidelity card, nothing more.

Since the beggining, the price didn’t change (not sure…). So I guess that some players are buying it. But you can always open a new thread about “Overpriced Gem Packs”, it could be interesting to gather more feedbacks from other players :wink: .

Crafting is now the official way to obtain Mythics and VIP chests became a shortcut to farm Mythic faster.

3 Likes

I’m with @Lyya on this.

I just wish you’d have been more clear before you started gutting the guild tasks and legendary tasks. When the patch came out you said that some gems from the blue guild tasks had been converted to gem keys, yet it proved to be 75% of the gems (140 / 590), and the complete removal of gems from the legendary tasks wasn’t even mentioned upon release of the patch.
It’s that kind of lack of clarity and good communication that annoys me most. Even though I wish we could revert to the old gem numbers I understand why you can not do so from a company finances point of view, but then at least just tell in advance precisely what you’re going to remove, just to prevent the frantic numbers gathering that took place over the weekend and on monday. That would improve the atmosphere on the forums tremendously IMHO…

12 Likes

I have no inside knowledge, your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks for the response anyway keep up the good work :smiley:

1 Like

For most VIP5+ end game players that are not in the top guilds, the pain point was the conversion of blue tasks from gems to gem keys. This rollback addresses this. If you look at blue tasks alone, there is an overall loss of 150 gems for 500 shards + 25 diamonds. This is however mitigated by the fact you can now use gold to earn up to 125 diamonds for the other tasks. The ability to use gold to change for diamonds is attractive because as expensive as it is to craft mythics using the soul forge, most would want to at least save enough crafting resources for at least 1 ‘must-have’ mythic. The rest less desirable mythics can be left to rng and the chests.

1 Like

I suggest re-evaluating mana gain, specifically
Trolls, who should drop to double +3
Exploders should gives only 50%
Disease should stick like poison

Finally, crazy, but spells should fatigue, so each time you cast, spell cost inceases.

It is not harder, it is actually easier. You can put new goblin princess on your team or stick with the old Krystenax, mash random buttons since it does not matter what you do, voila, you win, maybe even more than half of the time because AI has worse “luck”. :wink:

There is also the 20% nerf (we can complain about this nerf but I just want to tackle the issue with the amount of rewards). So normally we get post-patch 63 gem keys - 20% = 50, so we get 13+17=30 extra gem keys. Same for gems, 590 gems - 20% = 472. So, 30 gem keys for 472-(140+250)= 82 gems.

So if 1 VIP = 50 gems, it’s 82 VIP versus 1500 gem keys. Not bad.

Diamonds in Guild Task is a good news, with the shards, it’s 180 aditionnal free diamonds by week which almost multiply by two the amount of free diamonds (without the dollar or gem packs).

Gems - The main issue from my viewpoint is the over/under on the ability to maintain and complete collections. A reduction of 16% for these tasks and then also taking gems and converting them to gem keys at gem keys full purchase price value - which I guarantee nobody getting legendary tasks uses, is a far bigger hit than stated. Even if you can’t hand out gems here, the general perception is that these tasks have taken more than a 16% hit for free-to-play players, and a gigantic hit for VIP 5 players. The concern is that they will no longer be able get mythics with roughly the same reliability for roughly the same amount of effort as pre-patch, which mitigates the usefulness of crafting - if you were already getting the monthly mythic and now miss one, but have to wait to craft it, crafting as a whole is a net loss for you. Since thing crafting was supposed to address was the ability to complete collections, this seems a bit backward (unless mythics are going to stop or be slowed down on the release schedule in the near future, in which case I stand corrected but would also be somewhat disappointed). Others might not feel the same way, but I personally have no problem buying back in once I have calculated at least a zero-sum in my collection rate after being able to shift some of that toward getting stuff I missed previously as this was what I wanted.

AI Issues - There is a perception that cascades are bigger on Unity. I would assert that they are spikier. New mana rules make cascades feel bigger as well, and this can’t be ignored (match 4 surges, new blob match rules). Mana gain in general felt much more balanced on Adobe than Unity.

Dungeons and Diamonds - Pure good news, thank you.

Summoning Stones - This will be interesting to see. However, again, 8 troops per week is far too long to get through the catalog to be able to get to the one you actually want (unless it is 8 troops per rarity per color). A fixed 4 to 6 week rotation of every troop in the game of any given rarity tier seems to be a good target here, you should not be waiting potentially 3 months or more like how legendaries are now. Additionally, common/rare crafting out of much fewer resources maybe? At this point, it would be just to get copies to get ascensions with. Gold keys will get you there, but you have to flip enough gold keys to mythic every troop of that rarity tier in the game every time a new one is released, and while like quantities are available at endgame, this is often a chore because it involves opening 20-25k gold keys in one sitting.

Crafting Mythics/Legendaries -
No objections to increasing the count available at any given time here (see above). I felt that the cost of the legendary craft was a bit too high relative to the mythic’s cost while sharing a bottleneck resource.

7 Likes

It could be because of some issue with the UI… It should be better if we could use the Summon. Stones directly in the Troops tab/Crafting Menu.

1 Like

Your posts are usually detailed and erudite (and long and hard to read sometimes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) and I agree with your logic mostly. I’d add a few nuances:

• for many late game players, base Mythics aren’t the troops they’re missing - it’s Commons (especially event ones) and generally elusive UltraRares or Epics. Also GW prize troops if and when they become more widely available. Thoughts on economy of getting these troops that we need?
  • AI issues - please can we distinguish between talking about AI and talking about RNG as these are two distinct issues. AI decision-making is different now, more akin to the console AI. No skull-baiting, far more random moves like missing 4 matches. Personally I don’t mind the change, as I’d played console a fair bit too
  • RNG and cascades. Spiky is the word I’ve been using for some time. It’s not tilted to advantage either player or AI, but just things change more quickly and for the player things can go very wrong very quickly. I would really like to see this rolled back to more like the Air build. I believe most players play for a stress-free grind to improve their collections. I wouldn’t pick gems for a mind-taxing intellectual strategy challenge or an adrenaline rush.
  • please please please can we get a UI to open more than 50 keys at once. When the next kingdom hits I will be opening at least 10,000 keys…

Also can someone please explain why my autocorrect always changes ‘nuances’ to ‘Janices’? I don’t want to add Janices to this dialogue, that never improves anything.

Also sorry to any Janices I just offended. Just stop doing that thing to my autocorrect.

8 Likes

Brilliant idea and not just because I was thinking it too. The obvious and UI-friendly place to spend summoning stones is in the specific troop crafting screen. Maybe replace the traits unlock screen once all traits are unlocked?

Thus requiring you to own the troop before you can craft it?

I feel your autocorrect pain. My phone has wanted to correct “gem” to “gen” for as long as I have been playing. It doesn’t seem to get the hint.

1 Like