So how is everyone experiencing the console cascades?

@Alpheon, I think that you have adjusted it too much. Games for me are lasting much,much longer. Somewhere in the middle of where you adjusted it to would be better in my opinion.

1 Like

I’m reading that it was apparently never an issue on Console, because they never had the spawn streak breaker period.

2 Likes

The behaviour @Mithran documented was a bug in our gem spam adjustments. Console hasn’t been affected by the changes at all to it yet, so it will still create 15 new gems randomly on the board, and not overwrite its own colour.

We’ll take the feedback from people and balance the adjustment further if need be

3 Likes

@Stan 3 months bro i hope you are patient :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Random Gem spawners are like completely useless ATM, they were amazing a few hours ago…

Mostly just feeds the opponent a million 4 gem combos qq

(PC)

1 Like

Just chiming in that the looping is fixed, but it’s so fixed as to be nearly impossible to get a third turn now.

4 Likes

I don’t care if they don’t overwrite, why just not reduce the gem creation?

1 Like

You can hold your breath that long ricky lol

1 Like

Welp… There is not even a loop in the game now :smiley:

1 Like

RIP trolls, Krakens, Elemaugrims, and all other random spawners. You were fun while you lasted, but alas, Gems of War isn’t supposed to be fun I guess. :frowning:

6 Likes

I don’t think that this change will last for long. Gem spawners are mostly obsolete as of now.

2 Likes

I just tested the gem change on stream. It makes nearly all gem spawning troops seem weak, particularly ones that are 8 or less gem spawn.

Only seems to be re-promoting the explosion meta of never touching the board or the increased use of specific convert troops like Valkyrie, Giant Spider, etc…

6 Likes

Heres an example of what I am experiencing post fix. Heavy spawners on stacked boards will fail to get the extra turn most of the time. I’m not sure if this is bias given what we know now, but it seems to be especially bad after you have already gained 1 or more extra turns.

3 Likes

I cast elemaugrim with 29 purples on the board and 3 burning opponents, and didn’t get a match 4.

4 Likes

yup, that was more or less what i was experiencing. I can remember at least one Kraken cast with 14 on the board that didn’t give a single 4+. Also several troll casts of 12 or more (so a spawn of 16) that didn’t give me a turn. Very not happy right now. Back to boring explosions I guess.

2 Likes

We used to have a ‘combo breaker’ on the game, but now we have a ‘combo eliminator’ :grin:
I’m just joking though, surely this change will be tweaked a bit more.

3 Likes

I have to wonder: what was wrong with the old PC/Air algorithm that seemed to spawn gems randomly but would overwrite existing gems of the same color? Nobody was complaining about spawners then, and they seemed to be in a good place to me…

6 Likes

The thing is, what I’m seeing with the spawners now is pretty close to how they worked with the PC Adobe version/how they worked on mobile during my testing. I believe having spawners broken for a single week has colored impressions a lot, even for people that have played for years. Nobody complained about spawners before because they were largely unused and already regarded as trash. This could be partially because they are intentionally made to miss. I mentioned that several times in the posts where I was outlining the bug, because most of them never felt right in the old version.

Alternating converters + spawners (9+ only) is still about as reliable as it was on Adobe (Jarl/Hellcat, for example), but when you lose so much ground from one critical failure after dealing a bunch of chip damage, it basically just isn’t worth it most of the time.

1 Like

Ding ding ding

I really enjoyed being able to use them for the short time we could. Alas.

5 Likes

Right, we only experimented at the tip of the iceberg, and they got snatched away before we could really see what they were capable of. I’m going to miss playing with them :frowning:

3 Likes