So how is everyone experiencing the console cascades?

Except…Gard doesn’t let you loop after casting. They will get a turn. Hence my point of I matched all 4’s when they are there. Meaning the AI needs only 1 lucky drop and it becomes asinine.

Whether it seems normal to him or not…doesn’t defeat the fact that its not normal and shouldn’t happen that way.

I play my PS4 waaaaay less than my 3 android accounts and I have literally never seen that on any of those and its true…that is normal on my PS4…but that’s my point. I shouldn’t only be able to win a game when I literally NEVER let the AI get even 1 turn.

Yes, I love using looping teams that never let the AI go, if I get War, Seer, 2x Kraken going…the AI never gets a turn.

But how is it a good game design if the only way to win, is to build a team that literally wins on turn 2 or 3 by never letting AI move.

If the only way to win is removing the AI from taking a turn…than it completely nulls and voids like 90% of the troops in this game that don’t give extra turns. That’s a horrendous game design and downright crappy planning/creation.

Right. That’s why if you don’t want to risk giving up a turn, you loop Hellcat and Alchemist unitl the combination of Hellcat plinking away at everyone randomly and Gard gaining armor every cast results in enough to team-wipe on one cast. It’s not fun to me, so I don’t play that way.

Taking Gard against that dragon team is asking for trouble. There are too many AOE troops that can strip off his armor. If you can’t permaloop to get it back, you can’t recover from an unlucky streak.

I’m not saying its good game design, or that it isn’t frustrating. I just play the game that’s in front of me. Experienced players on console are used to this kind of stuff happening all the time, so we adapt, improvise and overcome.

2 Likes

Adapting and overcoming is fine and I agree with you. Alchemist is not yellow FYI, so I cant use him on yellow day to loop.

But their current design means I literally have to ignore 95% of the troop base in this game which is exactly what Guild Wars was designed to defeat and remove.

Hence my point of how idiotic it is to see the cascades I showed.
While you are right about the VERY best looping team for Gard.
(I use HellCat, Alchemist, Gard, Gard for my non yellow team day Gard team)
(I don’t even like SG anymore cause he seems like hes been nerfed secretly to me, mine only ever summons 1, max 2…and never summons good troops anymore…I only use him in GW)
You are still making my point for me, which is its broken and while my video might not be the worst Ive seen, or that you’ve seen…you cant deny that from 1 lucky cascade the match goes to hell quick and that the drops from above are not like the other AI systems.

Again, one of the main reasons they made the GW and “weekly bonuses” was to entice/reward people for using different troop setups than the normal. Your argument basically defends the way they have it and acts like “it is what it is…so just deal with it”
Sorry, but that’s crap. Don’t tell me your intention is to make my life better, and than punch me in the face.

Yes I watched it. I wouldn’t have commented if I hadn’t.

1 Like

Yet, you are like “yeah…that random 6 reds in a perfect row from the sky after a board clear is normal”

You either don’t play Android and don’t know what normal is. Or you’ve been so hosed by PS4 with the much worse videos (yes, Ive played games where 8-10 fall in a row perfect) and are therefore jaded to whats normal.

Just because what I posted isn’t even the worse that you and I have seen on PS4, doesn’t mean its ok.

I’ve never denied that, and neither has @Dan_ozzzy189 (to my knowledge). I’ve been saying for a long time that I believe that the console is a streakier experience than PC/mobile (from what I have seen and heard), and every choice I make in the game reflects that. For example, I don’t use a 4x team in GW against Justice teams because I don’t like a 50% success rate. Similarly, I don’t let exploders go off, because there is a good chance that they will get multiple match 4’s and loop. I could go on.

I’m not defending they way it acts, I’m just dealing with the reality that I have to face.

Thank you stan. For the record salibu I’m level 1100 and play on the ps4 in bracket 1. I’ve seen some crazy cascades, seriously screwed up. Explosions followed by huge blobs of one colour, destroyed columns dropping in strings of 6 skulls /mono colours etc etc etc. Your video showed some poor decisions and a couple of lucky drops, but in the grand scheme of things it wasn’t ‘I’m gonna throw the controller through the TV’ rage inducing crap I’ve had to put up with.
I’ve been very vocal about the console cascades and have been told by a certain person it was all in my head and all in console players heads. He got both barrels off me and thankfully is no longer talking krud on this forum.
I appreciate your video and replied respectively. Please offer me the same courtesy.
Regards
Daniel

2 Likes

I get what your saying. But my point is…

It needs to change. It shouldn’t be that way.

If my intent is to be nice to you…I should you know, build an approach that is nice to you.

If their intent is to encourage all of 1 color to be used on those days and to encourage building different teams and trying different cards. Than they suck miserably at that aspect of their job.
I don’t even intend to be mean to the devs, but honestly…if they can watch a video like that…and know full well that my video is a minor annoying one. (Both of you and me have likely had much worse experiences…and the chat is just littered with people upset) than they aren’t doing a very good job of actually listening to their player base.

The AI on android only has 1 real flaw…and that is its “im going to take any skull match you give me”. Other than that, nothing is wrong with the AI on the android beyond if they want to make it smarter somehow.

But the board manipulation is asinine on PS4. Things that fall literally have a statistical chance of happening in the millions. Which would be fine if I saw them every so often in matches. But I literally see it in every other match.

Also, I am in Silver Storm and was in bracket 1 until this last week with you. So I am aware of the lunacy of the top bracket. The video of above is from last night in bracket 2.

1 Like

Hey GoW team.
I must say I agree with Arturo in most parts, most since I might not seen all hes posts.
I agree with you DEV’s only with parts where you say that some troops got really easy 4matches since that is true. Like trolls getting most of the time 4+match even when there is 3 color gems on the board to start with also troops that random spawn like 4 or 5 gems and there is really low amount of same color gems on the board. That was bit unreal and obviously not randomly placed.
But what you have done atm is you have created a ‘cheat’ that prevents player to get something he is supposed to get. When troop description says it is randomly placed X amount of gems then that what it suppose to be that might be the main purpose of that troop and if you take that away that troop is useless. And you have turned so many troops useless cos of that. People have spent countless hours grinding traitstones for those troops and you havent even given refund option for all them now useless troops. So obviously people are upset.
And you can’t actually think that it is ok when you turn off looping like you have done, setting up a number of times that is possible to get extra turn and after that its modified, it is so not nice to see board change your 4matches after spawning at the location already. Again random means random, so if I am lucky enough to get extra turn then so be it, if you dont like that then you should not make troops that make that looping possible.
And ppl that say that is not good if AI gets endless loop ? Why is it not ok, it is game where you set your defence, if your defence is good and lucky enough to loop till opponent is dead then thats that. Why is it any different than getting mana drained by some Scion Famine teams every round, the result is the same, you lose cos you didnt have enough luck or proper team to fight against that defence team. Besides if you look at the PvP leaderboard then you can cleary see that them looping teams that ppl used early week are not so OPd since most have like 1 loss for ever 4 victory so obviously it wasn’t looping 100% even with all that ‘bugged’ gemspawns. And there is like so many teams that have so much better win/loss ratios so it is not being OP’d, ppl mostly use them team since they where fast and fun to play with and ppl had actually change to create new teams after so long where you had only pretty much only small amount of troops you wanted to play with.
Other thing that is not cool at all is that the changes you made took place midweek and unannounced. Who does that? Why I have to find out that code has been changed while PvPing and figuring that since I havent got any loops in like 30 battles in a row even when I got board filled with green/blue/skull I create 9+9 and I dont get 4 match. Thats just disrespectful to the players, dont you think?
Anyways since you turned game back to its old good boring state the only thing that still keeps me in is my guild. And I am pretty sure you will lose many players with actions like that alone.
Anyways good luck and dont hate me just cos I’m honest, hope we get some good out of that mess.

6 Likes

Gar’Nok misfire, how is this even possible???

13 Likes

What I am seeing today is:

1. Create gems rarely getting a match 4, but setting up AI for 20+ mana
  2. Bonestorm effect for AI always in effect, I am hit by skulls 75% of the time after the AI matches 3
  3. Sole survivor boost to AI’s last survivor or respawn troop, fills and casts in 1 turn, hits with skulls over and over
3 Likes

I’m afraid I have to agree, this “fix” is just messed up. It’s the first time I don’t want to play since I started almost a year and a half ago. This needs to be a priority to get changed back, the game isn’t fun like this.
I have really enjoyed the move to unity and I think things are moving in a good direction, this is the first thing that has really been a negative experience for me.

5 Likes

This was another reason that the random spawners were so much more fun. Besides not letting the AI get many turns, they would convert out the excess skulls making any matching you did do far less punishing than it is with this permanent bonestorm sky gem skull spam that is happening since the move to unity.

1 Like

I knew i wasn’t crazy!

But is it not good that more players see yet the bone spam, so it can be changed faster?

For Gar’Nok i see nothing what have changed, even befor the fix it could miss so a field. Because he overwrite his one gems. Ýesterday at my battles against orc, the ai most time got 1 - 2 free turns with him. What i think is ok for him.

regardless when they add the code, the bugs and imbalances will show up only after players get the troops with them and “test” them all over
then it is too late for console to have a “quick fix”

1 Like

fwiw this “no extra turn” code is the last drop for me. This sunday after the GW i am gonna quit gow for good, i wish best luck to you all.

1 Like

Sorry to see you go buddy :frowning:

1 Like

Why? It seems to me that players have been complaining about “extra turns” from the AI so they implemented a fix…

1 Like

no, no one was complaining about AI extra turns. One player was worried that it might get out of hand and ruined everyone else’s fun.

3 Likes