So how is everyone experiencing the console cascades?

TBH to me this seems like “how do we nerf the new speed we just added to some extent without actually having to say we are doing so” :grin:

2 Likes

Yes. I suggested to Sirrian since he stepped back for the good and the health of the game he needs to assign a developer 1-2 hours per week interacting with big issues (like this) that the game has.

This forum is only 1:2,000-5,000 of the player base, but glancing a console chat… its roughly the same thing as the forums. Players are not happy.

When your making mistakes you don’t retreat and hole up. Discuss the thought processes, and what is going to be done in general terms in the near future.

6 Likes

I must say ty to pc for the beta testing, we will get this fix in 3 month on console so that leave you plenty time to fine tune for us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i’m interested in dev’s thought process too in this decision. i mean, making bad decision is one thing, but making bad decision during steam summer sale? that takes ball.

1 Like

In case anyone didn’t notice, Sirrian did post about this in a different thread about 9 hours ago:

Why he would post there and not here where this thread is exploding, I don’t know…

3 Likes

Cascades on console have been broken for quite a while now. It sucks a lot of fun out of the game.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s because that’s where the other Dev posted. Probably told Sirrian about it.

Just guessing.

Yep! ty. I’m all for making a change every few days on PC until they figure this problem it out. Considering console gets 1 shot every 2-4 months.

1 Like

This whole thing is making me increasingly concerned about moving to a single code-base, when one platform can be rapidly corrected when game-breaking bugs appear while the others have to wait for weeks or months. I mean, I’m glad we didn’t get this particular bug in the first place, but we have our own broken troops and still have to wait for weeks while the meta gets increasingly out of control.

3 Likes

Ive been saying for months this ai is bullcrap.

People keep saying “i want proof”

Herea a video of what almost all my matches are. Me making sure i hit all.4 matches. Casting gards 3 times…and about to win…while doing a good job blocking the whole game.
What happens? See for yourself…this happens atleast 50% of my games.

Ignore my dogs chomping on rawhides. Lol

I feel the exact opposite. Because code changes can be quickly deployed to PC, it can be used to ensure that any problems are noticed and fixed before the code is released to mobile and console (which have the longer release/approval cycles). Imagine if the current PC code was released on console and then you had to wait months for a fix. Now, they can wait until the code seems to work properly for a week or two on PC before freezing it for release on the other platforms, in effect using the PC players as guinea pigs. I think the current pain console is feeling should lessen in the future once things stabilize with the PC changeover to Unity, and your future releases will be less problematic/buggy as a result.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the process that they’ve been working toward. They need to submit any patches to Sony and Microsoft weeks in advance, so if we are ever to be ‘caught up’, then releases have to happen simultaneously as they did for the 3.05 patch, meaning that any serious problems in the (client side) code can be quickly identified and patched on PC/Mobile, but we’ll be stuck with them for a minimum of 3 weeks even if they submitted the patch to Sony/MS immediately. The test on PC/Mobile then freeze the code for release on console doesn’t allow for a timely release or any kind of synchronization because we have to be a month behind for that to work with the publisher timelines.

While we were behind on content and features, that worked (mostly) as you describe, but bringing the versions into total (or at least closer) synchronization doesn’t allow that.

1 Like

That video doesn’t really show much out of the ordinary and I play on ps4 and have been complaining about it for ages. If you are going to use gard’s you need to loop, yet you don’t have an effective looping pair of troops. A couple of lucky cascades there that’s all but nothing that looks ‘off’ to me. Sorry dude.

2 Likes

What I am seeing in the Console Lunacy video is what I am seeing in 3 Trophy PVP matches, lots of match 4’s and skulls falling from above (clearly manipulated) and giving a heavy advantage to the AI, especially with heavy hitting Orcs this week in first position. It is like Bone Storm is permanently enabled for the AI (which would be my guess).

1 Like

I thought of the synchronization more as related to troop releases and events, and that measures were being put in place to allow some of these smaller changes to be released on console without full code releases. So I assumed that 3.0.5 was more an anomaly than the plan for going forward, and that synchronization would not be as tight for the actual code updates. If it is that tightly sync’d, if I were on console I’d be concerned too. I guess we’ll need to wait for the dust to settle in order to see what the end goal is with how much is going to be sync’d (unless a dev wants to chime in and let us know :wink: ).

1 Like

I want to report a bug. I can’t see a refund option on my gem spawning troops.

/s

9 Likes

Good one! ;D

2 Likes

That might be true. If they are looking forward far enough, they can release the code for a new mechanic (like the storms, most recently), well in advance of any troops that actually using them being released. Aside from that, once this Unity conversion is complete and the game is actually running the same for everyone, it might not be a real problem.

1 Like

Dude…are you blind? Did you even watch the video? lol

He has a full wall of 4 browns fall perfectly…and than a full wall of 5 reds fall perfectly in a row together. Has 3 skulls fall together in unison. This is my only console account. I have 3 Android accounts and I have literally never seen these cascades on any of my andoid accounts and this happens 50% of the time on console.

If you don’t see how a match Ive completely controlled literally goes to hell from one move by the AI…you are blind bro.

This is why people don’t even bother posting the videos…because even when they do…people are like “I don’t see anything”
lol

The makeup of that yellow day team is fine.
Hellcat fills Gard and Gwayne. Forest is there to keep barrier up for hellcat. Unless the AI gets retarded things like it got…I literally can not lose with that team.

Part of the problem is you don’t seem to think when a board gets cleared…5-7 gems falling perfectly in a row of the same color is off…which is hilarious.
He literally turned 1 turn into the mass death of all my team.

I think he’s actually saying that he sees that exact thing happen so often that it seems totally normal to him. You can’t leave the slightest opportunity for that team to get started or everything can fall to pieces, which is why he is saying you need to loop until a team wipe is certain.

2 Likes