Single Troop Defenses

Idk… I dont like it… I dont like it at all…

Usually im on the side of the devs but i think this time they got it wrong…

I dont have a problem with famine and i dont think he needs to be nerfed but if all i have to fight is gonna be meta… Idk… I may not last long thereafter

Its sad really imho

5 Likes

There is so much here I agree with, but the point about five star kingdoms is especially meritorious, given how easy it should be to change.

1 Like

Yesterday: we had a choice of how we played the game and mitigated the meta that we faced in PvP.

Today: we don’t.

With Guild Wars stuffing the hard-core meta down our throats, those 5 battles a day alone have proven enough to alienate a lot of players. Retiring to a relaxing PvP grind afterwards while binging Netflix was a welcome release.

No one was ever forced to field or even play against a one-troop defense.
Eliminating choice is never the right option.

10 Likes

Single troop is dead, but nothing is stopping you from putting up four unleveled (or as low as they will go with your VIP) and untraited troops to get basically the same effect as before. Or it will, once everyone else pulls their single troop defenses that now turn into real teams and replaces them with four weak troops. That generally has lower score than single maxed out Elspeth anyways. Essentially, all they did was take away the occasional “free win” or “free repick” in the most roundabout way, while deftly sidestepping the actual issue.

5 Likes

Actually if you go for revenges/rivals you are forced to fight one-troop defenses quite a lot.

Or a guild colluding that is also “not spirit of GWs” or bug with defense victory in PvP which some people still freely abused it for months, or bug with casual PvP which can gives player ridiculously high defense victory like showed in picture below

and out of all those, they choose to “fix” this.

14 Likes

So armor not saving which should have been hotfixed weeks ago, stays in. And single card defense gets hotifxed.

Then AT LEAST also fix the armor not saving bug to.

This must be a problem unique to PC. I virtually never see one troop defenses on Xbox, and I’ve never once seen a single Elsepeth team.

If you’re grinding for trophies or glory, go for it!
No one forced you.

If you wanted a challenging opponent, amongst the three, there was always an option.
It was still always a choice.

4 Likes

I don’t like it, you appears to be very worry about the game experience but, despite, you keep with the pathetic rewards for de GW week and week without doing anything. I prefer a battle against a single troop more than against a ultra team of 4 mythics with 2 famines. THIS is frustrating.

3 Likes

They could of changed the gold payout. 1 trophy elspeth, not a lot less than 3 trophy teams. Maybe reduce 1 trophy gold, and boost 3 trophy. Possibly base it on your Def rating. Might make less opt for the 1 troop. Who knows.

So if my “choice” is attached to less income in relevant resources, you have your “choice” aswell, no need for a one troop defense for playing casual pvp.

2 Likes

I don’t understand what choice you lost other than to not be able to game the system? If you want to grind PvP while binging on Netflix you blow through the 1T fights. If you want higher gold/glory and more challenge you choose the 3T fights. You still choose what playstyle you want, just can’t use 1-troop defense to sandbag.

Exactly.
Single Elspeths are just going to be 4x Peasants.
They didn’t fix anything.

1 Like

My problem is that something that bothers tons of players, to the point where I don’t even switch armor anymore, doesn’t get fixed. I thought that was bad before this announcement, but I figured it was due to all resources being used on the unity upgrade.

And then this get’s hotfixed.

It’s a slap in the face of all players.

6 Likes

I did the same!!! Dont kill yourself Babe!!!

Something I have not seen mentioned yet (aside from an oblique reference in Mithran’s post) is that the team score formula is woefully inadequate, at least for high levels.

There is no reason that these two teams should be the same score

• 4x fully-upgraded Peasant team, with all kingdoms level 10 but none five stars
  • Psion/Famine/Death/Famine, all fully upgraded and with all kingdoms at level 10 and five stars

There needs to be further refinement to the formula for calculating team score to account for the facts that (1) a base-common troop is not as dangerous as a base-Mythic troop, even at level 20 and with all three traits, (2) getting five stars of kingdom power improves your troops but not your score (h/t Mithran), and (3) some troops within the same rarity are just wildly more powerful than others (Famine vs Plague, or Krystenax vs Gar’Nok).

But this is perhaps a conversation for a different thread.

13 Likes

Vanyel, with this new system my 1 trophy fights are not TV worthy fights. On average, they are only slightly easier than my three trophy fights. When I had one troop defense I was being offered teams scored between 6000 and 9000. Now that I have a four-troop defense all three fight choices are in the 9000 range. That’s not even close to the same.

3 Likes

Boo! One troop defense was fun. It allowed rapid accumulation of gold and this is probably what caught the attention of the devs.

There are legit reasons to go with fewer than 4 troops. Leaving room for spawned troops is one (eg Sir Gwane). sometimes 3 is all you need. A single Celestasia can be a true fight.

I think this hotfix is poorly thought out, kind of ruins the game for me, and is, so far at least, poorly implemented. The lack of choice in team formation leaves a bad taste.

3 Likes

Putting money into guild task, and task not finishing but money gone => still not fixed :wink:

1 Like