Single Troop Defenses

Alas you are probably right but we shall never know for sure until the devs comment on the issue…

I’m still noticing a difference in opponent strength when I switch between my strong and weak defenses.

1 Like

That’s too bad. If they would just fix the underlying issue, then there would be no incentive to put up a 1 troop defense and the symptoms would clear up on their own. I almost never see this problem on console.

2 Likes

I agree. Even though i disagree with 1td being a problem the “fix” created a worse problem that should be such an easy fix…

It really makes me wonder why the devs wont comment on the problem… Im sure they have seen the concerns raised and remain silent…

2 Likes

Well with the 3.05 update the 1TD ‘fix’ has arrived on console. The vast majority of players chose not to be on the forums and create their own theories. (Which is obviously more fun)

https://s11.postimg.org/9ntvksg4z/WIN_20170620_22_37_14_Pro.jpg

2 Likes

Ha! And they didnt even mention the lost resources from fighting such a battle… Just chose to call ppl cowards… Well whatever floats your boat…

1 Like

Keep in mind they are guessing as very few read the official forums. I love the XBOX ONE X hackers theory! Typically its the Developers that get all the blame, not hackers.

In all seriousness its basically like this forum just with totally different names.

Paid closer attention tonight, and am noticing a difference now on PC. When using a 5k team, I didn’t get a 3-star under 9k. However, switching back to mobile I got lower teams again.

1 Like

Never really seen the point of the 1 troop defence, but did see that guild name changing has a huge effect on the number of defence battles fought on console.

Much easier to ride high without x hundred defence battles -whats a few thousand pvp points here and there?

Wondered why the top guilds were name changing - not anymore lol.

I thought some top guilds changed their names because the previous name was lame.:smiling_imp:

So yours hasn’t yet? Or you didn’t know?

@Saltypatra can you find out when is this going to get fixed? I just had another run in with someone who tried to do the 1 troop Elspeth, had their team was replaced, the original points from just having Elspeth of 4781 stayed, but the ‘team’ was replaced with 9000+ without re-adjusting the points in the 1st PVP slot.

Come on - can we please get this either rolled back or fixed. Or figure out how to recalculate the points correctly?

3 Likes

Yes please! This has been months now and no word… Lost of lost resources

I keep getting caught because I forget to really look before I start.

Pvp 100 ranking appears basically a fix these days for certain players from certain guilds on xbox.

Some guild players have 30-40% more defence battles than battles every week.

Some players from some guilds have 30-40% more defence battles than other players in the same guilds every week

So some players have say 450 plus defence battles that the cpu loses the majority of regardless and only some 320 real battles.

Others have 125 - 150 defence battles in total, and roughly the same number or more of real battles -320 to 350.

The ratio doesn’t add up, bears no relation to individual level, and appears inexplicable.

Many so called top 100 players have less than 1 third of the number of defence battles every week than others which means that many other competitors are being penalised by 1500 plus point deficits every week.

The kicker is that for every battle the penalised win they lose 3 defence battles, attracting a 21 point penalty. The more they play the more defence battles they lose, if they slow down winning so do the losses, speed up the wins the losses do too. Yet others can play thousands of pvp games and never attract eiher the same ratio of defence battles or defence battle losses.

Penalised players can even use the same defence team apparently more successful others use, and still attract far more battles , and also enjoy a much much worse win loss ratio than the others using the same defence team.

Basically there is only 1 conclusion for pvp on xbox - its fixed - why who cares really - the reality is the same rules are not applied to every player, and the result is their little genuine competition. Little wonder then the developers are completely silent about how pvp is set up, because they are never going to admit to penalty application. You can ask questions here but the thorny ones are rarely answered.

I’ve looked at pvp for years - seen it change a bit here and there - and tested many explanations but found only this to explain what occurs - a selection penalty must be being attached because there is no other reason why some players are selected 3 -4 times as often for defence battles as others, and identical defence teams perform so differently when operated by the same cpu, week in week out.

One question tho… Who is “chosen” to be “favored” and why are they chosen as opposed to someone else?

isnt that related to casual pvp bug that creates fake defense entries?

No. These are 2 different problems.
The casual PVP bug has been reported for more than 6 months and has been completely ignored so far.
The problem of the score has been caused by the “fix” of the single troops defense teams. But it has also been ignored so far.

1 Like

The problem may have been made worse by the so called single troop fix but those most affected have never used single troop teams that I have ever seen - and I have seen thousands.

No idea about whether guilds or individuals are favoured, because I see issue as a penalty, because of the linkage between matches played and defence matches generated, plus the different performances of identical teams in competitive pvp in the same week.

Looks a bit different this week after this was posted, can only see 1 guild that maybe getting a good ride now, but sample to small and time to short to make any vaguely realistic conclusions about any change.

The top 100 is generally majority made up of top 10 -20 guilds that have been there for years - relationships are known to exist, and testing is done. The more interesting question is why penalise some?

Im sorry but i have to say this…

Im sure i am out of line but i am getting so tired of fighting incorrectly scored teams. It is happening every day on both mobile and ps4. I know that is a known bug and they are working on it but that doesnt help me

The reason for implementing this change was the effect it had on the game economy but i ask you, how is the incorrectly scored teams effecting the economy? I am forced to spend twice the time for half the rewards on these battles and about half of them are revenge battles so if i skip the i lose the revenge reward.

So either way i am being shorted…

I dont care to fight harder opponents but i would like to be rewarded appropriately for them…

8 Likes