Single Troop Defenses

Maybe, but I’ll keep trying. In this case, it is really a shame that so many factors have conspired to work against any kind of positive outcome. (PVP matchmaking broken, “quick fix” stays for weeks, “quick fix” introduces an unexpected problem, player progress takes away options, VIP status takes away options, etc, etc.)

1 Like

If it doesn’t disadvantage them sure. But if it hurts that player (by removing their ability to control opponents), I don’t see why there would be an expectation for them to take the hit.

2 Likes

First off i agree that it is on the developers to fix this issue.
But even when fielding a 8k+ defense you already get quite a lot of variety, so posting a team to achieve that goal is no hindrance for anyone no matter how high their VIP level is.
Until this is fixed i think the expectation or more so the hope for most players to not be a a-holes to lowlevel players out of principle or protest is appropriate, it is not like replacing your one troop team with a 4xlv10 team is a big “hoop to jump through”.

2 Likes

To be clear i wasn’t talking about you specifically and yours isnt one of the names i am seeing over and over but the results are the same. Maybe an extra 250k per week is insignificant to many end gamers but im not quite there yet and as such it isnt insignificant to me… Again @Jainus im not calling you out in particular but everyone in general

Part of my outlook is no doubt based in ignorance, since I play on a version where nothing I do can influence the PVP matchups I get. If players are VIP 10 and putting even 4x level 1 bandit with no traits gets them the same result as a 4x mythic team, but putting a single troop gives them some relief in PVP, then no, I wouldn’t expect them to change their behaviour.

I don’t think you can say definitively that this is true. I know 100% for certain it doesn’t work for me.

I understand the arguments for leaving the 1td but the fact remains it screws others over

1 Like

Obviously that is my personal experience, one that holds true for several weeks now where i posted event defenses that were short a couple of traits and a level or two of maximum team strength. I can’t definitively know how it is for others for obvious reasons.
Still with 4 lv 10 troops you can go much lower than 8k.

1 Like

Seriously?

Account sharers being online 24x7 “screws others over”. Having a GW system that entrenches a handful of guilds into slots that give orders of magnitude more rewards than 99.9% of players in the game “screws others over”.

Sorry but that argument simply holds no water at all.

Im not advocating these things either and your argument sounds a lot like “tommy smacked billy so why cant i smack bobby?”

3 Likes

What does that have to do with eachother??
People shoot others in the streets for a couple of bucks, doesn’t mean i should be a dick to homeless people… or does it?

1 Like

Who is the 1-troop defense REALLY hurting?

The excuse was made that it was hurting the “economy”.

I could show you at least 3 (maybe 4) things currently ongoing that put WAY more currency into the economy.

This is a red herring. Sleight of hand. The devs got you looking at their right hand while they’re punching you with the left.

Sounds to me like the players need everyone to set a 1 troop defense. Maybe once the problem grows large enough for the lower end players/game the Dev’s might address this issue.

It did take over a year for the dev’s to address the single troop defense, and only once the meta became terrible that the 1 troop defense became common place.

I do not want to advocate for this type of position, I’m just seeing more of a “reactive” instead of a “proactive” style of management/programming to rectify issues.

1 Like

Pre “quick-fix” i agree with you and if you scroll up a bit you will see that and it almost made me quit GoW altogether but that still doesnt address MY issue

1 Like

Reactive, yes.

And VERY selective as well.

1 Like

I understand this. Sorry if it felt I took you off task.

The bottom line is this:

1. They released a “fix” for something that arguably didn’t need fixing.
  2. The fix introduced new, somewhat SERIOUS issues (like the one you’re experiencing)
  3. On top of everything, the exploit that was supposed to be “fixed” STILL EXISTS.

I’m not sure how any of this is defensible at this point.

7 Likes

I think everything against and for a fix of single troop defenses was said hundreds of posts ago in this thread.
The way the fix was implemented was questionable indeed, but the discussion has moved past that.
What we were actually discussing now was how we deal with the faulty implementation of this fix and if screwing over low level players out of spite over the fix or to protest it is the best course of action.

1 Like

With this i agree

4 Likes

Setting a 1 troop defence definitely hurts others. It reduces my choice so I get the monotony that others are avoiding.

I’ve set a sub 9k giant team this week, it’s really not hard even at VIP 5; just don’t trait the new troop of the week. And for the most part, I avoid meta defences. But when I switched to my GW team to test it, I often found I’d get meta 3 trophy options and then at least 1 opponent with a low score for a high team.

This affects me personally far more than account sharers and GW. I couldn’t give a **** about who wins the PvP rankings, and I like that GW is competitive.

So if I find that my PvP experience is severely diminished as an end-game-over-1000-VIP-5 player, god help the noobs whose defence team scores naturally peak at 5k and are being matched with these teams.

6 Likes

And lets not forget the 250k gold per week im losing due to team scores being incorrect