Single Troop Defenses

I understand what you’re saying is incorrect, but that’s about it really.

Midgame players (let’s say level 300-700?) have enough troops traited to build very efficient decks so their time spent per battle isn’t that far off compared to endgame players. Endgame players may have more very efficient invade teams, but midgame players have teams that are very quick invade teams too (they may just have 2 or 3 of them instead of 10-15 like endgame players).

The single most decisive factor determining the difficulty or the duration of the match is the starting board. If you really want to match the rewards to the effort expended in that specific match, should not the starting board determine the rewards, instead of the AI power score?

5 Likes

some do it to help other people for events. not everyone is super competitive in a casual game. the game introduces weekly event system that sometimes rewards you for beating something in pvp. some people see this as an opportunity to show kindness and help other people. in a way, the game itself encourages people to put weaker team.

@Sirrian @Saltypatra what happened to the freedom of choice? So many ppl, me included, were choosing a one troop defense for a simple reason that we liked the game that way.

If you have ppl complaining make it so that if a person runs a full team defense they will ONLY face full team defenses.
But if a person runs a one troop defense, please, let them do what they like.
Make it that a one troop defense can never cost more than one trophy and all will be well.

2 Likes

As a long time console player, I know this would never happen but…

When they nerf or change a troop and it doesn’t suit your play style anymore, you are given the option of a refund for a few days afterwards.

Why not have an option of refunding VIP levels, If we are unhappy with changes made to a game that we help fund. As a FTP game that would not exist without our continued support, you would think the devs wouldn’t want to piss off the part of the community that actually pays the bills.

I’m VIP 10 and a late game player and I have to say that I’m concerned for the direction this game is taking. As it is now, I see people leaving the game because it’s no longer fun to play, due to the constant meta teams and issues that pop up with every update and can’t be fixed until the next update. Months and months is a long time for the simplest issues to be fixed, no hot fixes here. Guild Wars has only compounded the issue, I can’t stand it, it’s just the PVP meta teams all over again with the added stress that a loss now counts for so much more.

I’ve always been very competitive but this game has about beaten that out of me, just last week I told my guild that I was done with this game and wouldn’t be back until they fix some issues plauging console - I came back on Friday, only because I’m the guild leader and it was wrong of me to just leave the rest of my guild hanging. This game is supposed to be fun and relaxing, these past few weeks have had none of that and it saddens me.

6 Likes

I would love a refund. I just uninstalled. But it’s the ways of hack game developers. Take that money and screw over the people that funded you.

There will now be a cheering section from @Sirrian’s pets. Because a smaller player-base is always better.

2 Likes

Of course, this should be done! This is the way gaming industry has always worked!

You know, when I bought No Man Sky and realized that the devs lied to me about multiplayer, they refunded my money! Nintendo also refunded my Switch when they made official that online gaming will be a paid service on 2018.

Oh, wait … :smirk:

2 Likes

Sirrian posts new troop release details but doesn’t return to this thread with lots of unhappy players with legit points gold increase being sold, but reduced as you level…

Shame

2 Likes

“everybody does it. That makes it ok.”

2 Likes

Oh, but Blizzard also did, they refunded my money on Hearthstone when I didn’t like that Un’Goro expansion. And Hasbro, when I stopped playing MtG they bought back my card collection at a fair price!

You know, all companies do it. Because this is what anyone expects when they pay for entertainment, a lifetime guarantee in case you stop liking the product!

3 Likes

how many rubles for forum defender?

1 Like

I just had a random off-topic thought: this forum definitely needs a “don’t like” button or something.
Yeah, totally random thought… :wink:

Wait… @Mgla is leaving GoW? Wow im stunned… I dont know what to say… Excuse me im getting a bit choked up here… Just a sec…

1 Like

@Sirrian - When can we expect pvp points for a team to actually match the team again? I have to click on every team to “guess” how strong they are because due your quick fix, 5200 point T1 teams might be 4 L20 fully traited Mythics now…time to fix!

4 Likes

Guild wars fight…

6 Likes

That is actually a huge improvement, and seeing as how this is a thing that finally happened, I might come back to the game if playing offense ever gets to be not just mindlessly spamming Justice’s ability until the enemy team dies.

I’m really glad to hear you’re addressing one troop defenses!

3 Likes

@Sirrian - PVP points still not accurate, my choices are T3 grief team, T2 grief team, and supposedly a 5,490 team for T1…but surprise, click on it and it is 4 traited Mythics again…so no choice at all or use a gem to refresh.

For example, NOT a 4,949 point team, so if you have a single troop defense, you are subjecting others to this bug and probably getting unearned defense wins (I rage quit when this happens to me).

ALSO THE BUG LIVES: And if I edit my PVP team, my defense team gets changed to that team bug is still happening…

4 Likes

so you’re saying that the developers have failed miserably again?

2 Likes

No @Mgla im saying you are a malcontent loser with no friends… So put that in your pipe and smoke it

Welcome back, @Mgla! Did you enjoy your few days away from the game? I hope it has given you a new perspective on things.

5 Likes

Hah found an even lower point version…good grief! Famine with 78 armor!

3 Likes