Show me the mythics. Who has the most cards mythic? (Rankings)

I simply hope that ugeeer will miss GoW and will want to come back.

2 Likes

Good luck. We’ve lost a lot of good people in Unrepentant too. @GREEK-13 was saying his guild (Stratagem?) lost 25% of their people after 3.1. That sounds about right. Recruitment must be fierce out there.

2 Likes

Ugeeer was my old guild mate in Tigerclaw back 2.5 years ago… when Pell and I took it over when the old GL quit the game… we go way back :). Sorry to he(she?) has left the game…

2 Likes

I just checked the top 10 and dragons peak and tiger claw are both down people. This hurts in guild wars. We’ve missed out on bracket one because of that before. This is terrible. 4 guilds in the top 20 down people. Every top 20 guild should be full.

Yeah. We’ve lost quite a few players. People are unhappy with the state of the game at the moment.

1 Like

Ugeer had been with us for more than a year. A nice guy and a great GW player… who had come to hating GW because of the changes.
At first he said he was quitting the game, but when he left he asked to be put on our waiting list. So I have hope.

But we have lost a few players lately, like most guilds it seems.

4 Likes

Oddly in MM we seem to have survived without haemorraghing players in the latest hateful update… fingers crossed…

2 Likes

It’s demoralising to see old pals go. All the best to them, whichever guild they were in before.

1 Like

I assume the longer you’ve been around, the more you’re willing to endure. Having seen many awful metas, bugs, etc. in the past, and having seen them resolved, it’s easier to think, “This too shall pass.”

My main annoyance is just the lack of transparency/communication throughout the whole ordeal.

2 Likes

I think that’s probably number 1 on the annoyance list for all of us. Especially after the gems nerf, which was totally messed up from the devs side. It was never even mentioned that gems had been removed from the LTs, we had to find that out for ourselves… :frowning:

4 Likes

They could’ve messaged the gems issues better and explained the rationale, yes, but I’ve always thought the reasons were self-evident and it didn’t bother me so much.

The balancing issues were clear to me immediately and I think we lost a light of time to people complaining about the gems when the gameplay issues are far more fundamental to a continued enjoyable experience. I see this as way more important and they’ve handled it even worse than the gems stuff (since they made a statement and gave us more gems pretty quickly).

1 Like

The reality of coding is that it’s complex, so it’s easier to get something easy like just change a variable value, i.e. give us more gems.

Something more fundamental like updating the mana generation code can require a lot of QA. There can be unexpected fallout. So that would be my guess on what happened. Also this is the codebase from console that was developed by another team if my understanding is correct. Other people’s code is always more difficult to understand.

I know I sometimes have trouble understanding my code after a year. That’s why I tend to leave lots of code comments and give my method long descriptive names in the work I do at PlayStation for my day job.

Engineers are usually not in charge, and in tech, business is always more interested new features that might generate revenue than fixing existing stuff. All sufficiently complex code has bugs and often they’re deferred based on severity and priority.

1 Like

I updated the spreadsheet:

TUF:Unrepentant drops 2 to 2nd with 6 players, leaving Intrim in 1st with 9. The ties are back. Anonymous drops 2 to tie Match Masters at 4 players for 3rd place. TUF:Abaddon rises 1 to tie Marthos Guardians at 3 trophies for 4th place.

TUF guilds drop to 9 players, to tie Intrim guilds with 9. This finally ends the TUF stream of unchallenged dominance at the super guild level. Anonymous guilds drop to 6 for 2nd place.

At the player level, half the Match Masters have broken into the top 10 to join the Anonymous/Intrim sandwhich. Congratulations to @Jainus and @esslee. The craftable mythic should show up in the next update. We could see a perfect collection any day now.

Here are the guilds with multiple people on the top 50:

Intrim 9
TUF: Unrepentant 6
Anonymous 4
Match Masters 4
Marthos Guardians 3
TUF: Abaddon 3
Anothernymous 2
Dragon’s Peak 2
DruidsGlade 2

3 Likes

1 Like

384 mythics in xbox land.

2 Likes

correction 360 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I updated the spreadsheet:

As I predicted, this is the update where it finally happened. It is an extraordinary achievement to get all cards mythic, one that takes many months if dedication, luck and being a top Guild Wars guild member. Congratulations to @Namour and @yonizaf as our first two entries in a new section of the spreadsheet, the Hall of Fame. They’re the first 2 people to ever complete their collection since we began tracking mythics over 6 months ago.

Intrim raises 1 to 10 players, with the debut of legendary player @ZooKeeper. This leaves them only two shy of the guild record set by TUF:Unrepentant of 12. TUF:Unrepentant, Anonymous, and Match Masters remain unchanged at 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. DruidsGlade replaces TUF:Abaddon as the team tied with Marthos Guardians for 5th place with 3 players.

At the super guild level Intrim is now unchallenged at 1st with 10. After ending TUF’s long running steak with a tie last week, they may begin their own streak. TUF remains second at 9, followed by Anonymous with 7.

@death from Últimos Guardianes joins the Intrim/Anonymous sandwich that continues to dominate the top 10.

Here are the guilds with multiple people on the top 50:
Intrim 10
TUF: Unrepentant 6
Anonymous 5
Match Masters 4
Marthos Guardians 3
DruidsGlade 3
Últimos Guardianes 2
TUF: Abaddon 2
Black Dragon 2
Anothernymous 2

I can’t believe there isn’t a single comment after @Namour and @yonizaf achieve a full collection. Was I not clear in my update, or something?

This is a serious achievement. There are so many hurdles to overcome. Is there no one to congratulate these great warriors? There’s only a narrow window of a few weeks where it’s possible for a few more to join the hall of fame, before the new guild wars troops arrive and it becomes impossible again for a few months.

This is the culmination of why I started this thread 13K views and 757 posts ago.

Congrats to @Namour and @yonizaf for their accomplishment!

3 Likes

We’re all too jealous to offer congrats obviously lol

3 Likes