Show me the mythics. Who has the most cards mythic? (Rankings)

@Lyya as a fellow programmer, I of course always appreciate your fine work. If you’re at E3 tomorrow I’ll buy you a beer. I’ll have long hair, a tye die shirt and a purple backpack.

Technology’s effect on jobs is a key piece of my upcoming novel, The Internet President: None of the Above. So I’m well aware of the implications.

I’d rather have a dynamically updated leader board than a manual one. Then I don’t have to feel like a jerk when people don’t quite get their screenshots right. :slight_smile:

It means more writing time for me and I still get to see how I match up.

None Of The Above
Unrepentant

1 Like

It’s funny when I tried the feature out and it made me realize this thread can go to sleep when I see you saying this. I love that you made this a feature of your website so much that I think this thread dying is a small price to pay. I personally love your site so thanks for the time you put into it. All games should offer this.

Why not make the ranking page official and put links to it on the home page and collection page?

2 Likes

“Official” seems to be a little excessive.
We could say that @actreal’s top 50 is official, because the data he uses directly come from the game.
Whereas this ranking only takes into account the people who use Ashtender.

1 Like

Link your account, then click on a link, is a pretty low barrier to entry.

It is a barrier.

Your idea seems very nice and well intended. But there is a problem of privacy with it.
Someone from my guild who doesn’t want to appear in this ranking is showed on your page now just because they have logged in Ashtender. Although they have unlinked their account, their name still appears in the ranking.

Can you please do something so as only the people who have posted here or wish to compete (i.e. have given the authorization to display publicly their private data) appear in the ranking?

2 Likes

Yes, I can add this option. I figured that this was a minor enough statistic not to require permission to display, but I can understand why someone might not want it shown. I’ll make it opt-in later today (though of course it loses a lot of value in the process). In the future, if the public API does expose this information, I will remove the opt-in.

Thanks a lot.
Then again, I have no idea what percentage of the end game players use Ashtender, but I am not sure that the process has more value than being a friendly competition anyway.

I have added the opt-in. Anyone who wishes to participate in this leaderboard must now enable the “Leaderboard and Statistics” option on their Account page. I hope this page is still of value going forward, despite it requiring that extra step to enable.

3 Likes

I know Ashtender is widely used in our three guilds in The Unholy Family. We actually point our newbie members there too. I haven’t had to consult it every day since I traited everything, but the site holds a prime place in my thoughts.

I really miss the list of keys. Stupid API change. It’s harder to enjoy my hoard without using Ashtender as my dashboard.

Wooo I’m Top 5 (people to enable their account settings)…

But Top 5 non-the-less!

5 Likes

I’m not sure how many of them are end-game players, but I have about 2,200 people who have linked accounts, and about 400 unique logged-in users visit each day (I don’t really track people who visit anonymously).

2 Likes

Impressive! I’m only fifth-to-last… :sob: I’m nothing compared to you.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m #3, probably for another 10 minutes.

Ashtender is obviously a very useful tool. But several people in Anonymous are used to using the ToDo Monitor (GoW: ToDo Monitor), which has inspired Lyya in the beginning.
It doesn’t collect automatically your data (which some can see as an advantage), but it has nicely evolved until today.

Of course it is huge. I know that Ashtender is very popular. But not everyone uses it and not everyone wants to be part of that ranking. That thread was nice as it was, a friendly competition. Why aspire to give that ranking a value that it will never have, as it will never be exhaustive?

I don’t aspire to have it be anything more than helpful. I don’t claim to be official (those were not my words). I was just trying to help automate the process here that’s generated hundreds of screenshots, since I have the data they were using already in my backend.

I have already stated that if this feature causes more harm than good, I will remove it from my site. Like you, I have some reservations about automating this process, though my reservations may not match yours.

7 Likes

I think it’s great. Even some of our newer players have joined the leader board. Unrepentant and Abaddon account for half at the moment. It’s going to get crazy fast, until the list hits 50.

I’m going to enjoy this moment before the other guilds call in air support. :grinning:

Some people are just so amazingly smart, it’s infuriating… great work :wink:

EDIT: chill out @Aelthwyn… this thread can still be a friendly ranking… and if @lyya’s site makes it easier for @PGSundling to maintain, all the better… I don’t think we need to ascribe too much heat to the guilds competition here (and sorry if I contributed to that by pinging some guildies to join in…)

…I also don’t quite get your point: anyone who was on this thread’s friendly ranking so far was required to provide ashtender screenshots as evidence anyway…

2 Likes

No problem. I am aware it is going to make things a lot easier for @PGSundling and I am quite happy with @Lyya’s explanations.

My point was that the people who have taken part in this thread provided their screenshots willingly. While Ashtender’s ranking was at first automatically taking into account all its users. And so the top 50 was liable to include people who wished to keep their data private and so did not want to be part of it (it was the case for someone from my guild but maybe there are other people in that case).
The opt-in feature that lyya has added solves that problem.

1 Like

Given that you can still make it into the top 50 on the magically automatic table with only 40 unique Mythics, a few more folk who’ve previously posted in this thread need to go to their Ashtender account page and enable their opt-in.

1 Like