Shadows Over Krystara

@Taisiakat
I’d have spent that extra $1 for the new leather smell underarm spritz. But fresh baked bread would would be a great second!

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m just not worth new car or freshly painted room smell. Instead, I smell of chemicals and plastic packaging.

Please excuse me while I douse myself in the spray that Subway uses to make their stores smell so delicious.

2 Likes

Here’s my views on stockpiling stones:

If I’m “finished” with a traitstone at the moment and already have the troop at mythic, I’ll just stockpile the glory. If I ever run out of Event keys trying to get a legendary, I’ll use the spare glory to buy many, many Spoils of War packs for the single event key each so I don’t have to ever spent gems on Event Keys and can therefore maximize my chance at getting mythics from VIP chests when the time arises. Spending glory on glory keys is tantamount to just throwing it in the garbage at this point, and spending it on glory packs for arcanes far beyond the necessity to trait every single troop in the game currently, while those colors continue to drop as incidentals from glory, gem, and especially VIP chests and are farmed easily enough from Explore if it ever came to that, also seems kind of short sighted. Given a point where either is ever reduced to the point of scarcity, farming a single arcane is much faster than farming even the comparable 200 glory at this point. Right now, this makes the most sense to me as the only thing even making a dent in my arcane reserves are mythics and just getting those is spotty at best, while my glory climbs ever higher each week that a Legendary is introduced and/or there is only one troop pack and weeks worth of event keys are easily burned just to get a single copy of some legendaries.

This also fits with my strategy has also been to never fully trait a troop unless I’m going to use it or it gives me points for an odd numbered kingdom star, so when the new stars unlock, even if I don’t have enough for everything immediately, I can pick and choose which I want for less resources on the whole and focus on the kingdoms where they are possible. By the end of this week, I’ll have 110+ Spirit Arcanes, needing 68 to finish every possible kingdom troop (including the new ones, and 21 to finish Pharos-Ra, which I don’t have) and 105 to finish every troop, period, while two of them are needed to contribute to any stars I need to unlock at this point. I therefore will have a surplus of 108 Spirit Arcanes, not just 5. When new stars become possible, they will most likely do so one at a time, leaving months in which to smartly allocate those 45 possible stones for existing troops (and 60+ stones for new or buffed troops) to still get the stars when available without having to farm at all - and that assuming I need to allocate every single last one to get my stars.

Is the event supposed to be giving 25% to the Blighted Lands, because it is right now. Arachnophobia is also spelled wrong.

They are working on fixing it now. The event that is.

Was about to mention the Blighted Lands thing.

Also got a typo on the next one: “gain a bonus Treasure Maps.” …

Yay! finally a buff to Dokkalfar!

4 Likes

WAs going to say the same thing!

Woot. A troop no one will use… and extra maps: be interesting to see take-up stats with newer players for that.

Anyone worked out where best to look for Snots?

2 Likes

Try the zoo, they have plenty of beasts.

2 Likes

Maugrim Woods challenge 3, Animal Farm, has 4 beasts

6 Likes

I’ve been nursing a cold lately, so I’m just full of 'em. Don’t know if they count for this event.

3 Likes

Silverglade Challenge 5 Magical Beasts also has 4

4 Likes

Use chocolate scented stuff. That smells delicious

@Sirrian @Nimhain Does this event’s name draw any direct inspiration from a certain (fairly recent) MtG set, or is it pure coincidence?

The fact that we’re hunting beasts has me thinking that it may or may not be more than a happy little coincidence.

1 Like

Art is cool, troop is meh. We need more purple. :smiley:

Does it even scale well? Haven’t checked. Personally art wise, Raven is probably my favorite troop. We actually need more art like that.

Just sayin’ Devs.

1 Like

At max Magic and with the guild bonus he does 18 true damage per cast (27 this week only). His advantage is speed (9 mana to fill, can sometimes cast twice on 9 mana if you engineer that situation). Personally I don’t like randomness but I can see where they were going with this troop.

1 Like

Like I said, meh.

I’ve been using his since yesterday and he does 21 points of direct damage to life…and takes nothing to get him activated. I managed to slice through three troops in 4 turns… Put him behind The silver maiden and put spider knight with him…and the three are almost unstoppable.

Working on a purple solution and currently using (to get the Elf bonus mind you) Dark Maiden

I can take a picture of the next team I demolish with this team.

MInd you I don’t need the puzzles but I really like the powerhouse here

2 Likes