Server Issues Updates: Please see Sirrian's official post for the latest updates

Laughed out loud

A bully? Hardly. I said way up in post #14 that they were migrating the servers and if folks would just calm down and be patient, things would improve. @ogunther responded with another blazing attack. Then @HKdirewolf comes in at post #62, says the same thing,suddenly it’s holy writ and everything is moonlight and roses. That is an absolute load of crap.

You seem to have completely misconstrued my remarks. All I said was be patient and ogunther blasted me for it. As a result, he got blasted in kind. Your attempt to put your personal spin on this is absurd.

Please show me where I “blasted” you and I’ll kindly apologize.

Jealousy does not become you my friend.

4 Likes

Maybe this is not the best place for me to put this, but I completely missed your post earlier.

I don’t even know what to say Lyndale…I don’t know you, but I look forward to your every post. You’ve made me laugh and smile numerous times. I am so very sorry to hear this news… I am here for you my friend, as you have chosen to spend your time here with us. :heart:

5 Likes

Things will magically calm down if people do? I don’t think so.

The servers have always had issues, but for ^@%$# sakes, they are getting utterly ridiculous. I started playing again after a few weeks off today, and WOW. Not in a guild this, error that, heroes don’t match, etc etc etc. If the game can’t function properly while migrating, SHUT IT OFF, MIGRATE, BRING IT BACK UP.

It’s utterly stupid.

:heart:

2 Likes

Record speed pivot to victim!

Misconstruing your remarks would require them to have some degree of subtlety or nuance; I assure you this is not the case. Ogunther has been downright gracious in the face of your repeated insults and condescension.

I know neither of you and have no implicit bias here, so any accusations of spin are baseless at best. Ogunther has expressed frustrations with the game. You expressed frustrations with him. Nobody made you post in this thread. Nobody made you call him entitled. Nobody made you call him pretentious. Nobody made you come back into this thread after declaring yourself “done here.”

Stop. Please. It gets so old wandering into a thread and seeing that its devolved into “Riversong vs. The World.”

4 Likes

You’re absolutely right, I said the same exact things you did.

I think because Ogunther knows me, maybe he knew I wasn’t coming from a place of judgement or being harsh.

Maybe he thinks you were. He was also clearly p!ssed, so maybe he had time to cool down by the time I came into the conversation. I don’t know, and I can’t speak for him.

But I do know what it feels like to be p!ssed and someone tell you that you’re overreacting. I think that’s what he was most upset by in your statement. That you felt he didn’t have a right to complain a little just because he’s a paying customer. He obviously feels he does, and I would too if I were in that same situation. Our money does count for something around here obviously.

I also think we were afforded the peace of mind we had, because we knew what the devs were doing. These other people did not. But I started writing this to let you know I understand where you’re coming from.

So i’ll have your back and say you said the same things I did, before me. :slight_smile:

And also you should know I was joking above. As always, and sorry for writing a novel.

NOT that you need me to have your back or my sort of approval or anything. I’m an animal, what would that do.

2 Likes

Not to split hairs but I questioned you further, too, to make sure you weren’t just repeating rumors (not that I thought you were but I like to know the source of information).

It’s also a bit pointless I suspect at this point but I still don’t see where I “blasted” River (as she accused me). She came into the thread on the attack and I felt like I defended myself and my post (and the others here who were in agreement). As I stated before, if she or anyone else can point out where I was rude or attacked her, I’ll gladly apologize as that was never my intent but until then I stand by everything I said. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Unless there’s some useful support content from @Andrew or @sirrian to come, I think this thread may have served its purpose.

Many people felt the same anger and frustration at the ongoing server problems. Some people felt this, or at least the vitriol with which it was expressed was an over-reaction. Let’s stop before this gets deeply acrimonious.

1 Like

I’m fine with this thread being left to die but coming in and saying there was “vitriol” here isn’t the way to do it. You appear to have a very low tolerance for freedom of expression which is fine but don’t lay your oppressive nature on others and expect us to be ok with you trying to tell us how we should or should not react. Maybe quit trying to police the forums and go make your own productive posts. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

dey took er jobs!

3 Likes

2 Likes

I think this counts as a little vitriolic, and you started with an angry tone; this thread was only going to go one way. Maybe you just tapped into a lot of frustration that others had bubbling around. I agree that others (on both sides of this unnecessary argument) probably brought more vitriol.

Perhaps I am intolerant? Maybe. Just I think you could have achieved the purpose of your opening post by saying: ‘the server issues are getting worse and worse, please can we have an update on what’s going on?’

1 Like

Despite not having the same intel as you did i still believed that it was most than likely that the issues were due the transitory nature of the migration. The only mistake from the devs was related to the communication, but even then i think they just hadn’t proper time to work out the bugs and/or any meaningful feedback to share with us until it would the right time to do so, coincidently when Sirrian and Nimhain would be at the office after the weekend.

Now as my fantasious world built on my own imaginary excuses aligns perfectly fine with the reality i must take some sleep and dream with a better world for us in the hopes that it eventually happens since it’s my burden to do it so… :wink:

2 Likes

You are the hero Gotham needs, Ivar.

Continue to do the lord’s work and have a good rest. lol

2 Likes

I made a post after months of server issues; less than 10 hours later, the devs have fixed the problem.

Seems my post had the exact effect I wanted. You can’t argue with that. It’s math all up in your face! My post literally saved the internetz. I’m a god damn hero!

5 Likes

The Fuzzy Peoples need you!

2 Likes

2 Likes